Voice dialogue for Sylvanas's Judgement *Major Spoilers*

So that would mean that all of her people are obliterated then since she said “and my people”.

We freed around a hundred when many thousands died, meaning that the vast majority of Night Elf souls were obliterated in the maw.

Great resolution, just further proof that Blizzard hates Night Elves. The other souls even get to be freed in the end

On one hand, I’m happy that sylvanas is going to live, but on the other, I was kind of expecting the punishment to be more than what it is. What exactly that would’ve looked like, I’ve no idea.

At least we’re finally heading back to azeroth in another year or so, and we can all put this overall terrible story behind us. :wolf:

3 Likes

Nah they’re still chilling when you rescue them in the ardenwealde quest. I’m like 100 percent certain there’s a lot more nelves down there who are savable.

But I also think making players save 1 million night elf souls would be boring gameplay.

2 Likes

I know Etheriel can be over the top with her statements, but I mean, she isn’t wrong when she says blizz hates NE fans and night elves in general. They only shown in game as incompetent female warriors. And given the environment at blizzard, that’s not exactly shocking.

(The worgen and their fans don’t have it nearly as bad, at least we have small moments we can be proud of/happy about) :wolf:

6 Likes

Well no… and if there were, they’re not going to be saved since seemingly even Tyrande either doesn’t want them to be saved or they were obliterated long ago.

I guess I’m just still not convinced? I mean, Illidan was the beloved main character of Legion who got to be vindicated as right… and I do think Night elves get to be the main characters of the wow story a considerable amount of times.

Blood elves have had it way way worse than night elves because they got shoved into a corner for years after their main catastrophe and all of their main characters got yeeted into the raid boss zone.

1 Like

Oh yea I remember when blood elves were killed and sent to hell where they were tortured for an eternity and finally obliterated as their resolution.

All that while Arthas got away

1 Like

I mean that’s literally what happened to all the banshees. That’s what makes them a banshee with the soul shattering.

1 Like

Empathizing with Ethriel is one thing, but it’s sane to assume she’ll never be happy and is addicted to victimhood even if that means ignoring any positive developments. She makes some good points but she’s also delusional.

Rescuing all the NE souls still trapped in the Maw is fair punishment.

9 Likes

Yep, pretty much exactly as we expected. Sylvanas gets away with it and just gets to go to the maw to find souls for a while, at least she’s gone but again no justice for the night elves and now they will sweep teldrassil under the rug.

3 Likes

Did you read your own post?

Sylvanas does NOT free Night Elf souls, Tyrande even says that

And yet we have spoilers from the book where Anduin invokes Teldrassil to call Sylvanas a butcher so really she’s not getting away with it, she’s just being sentenced to help undo some of the damage she caused while the NE’s focus on rebuilding.

1 Like

The Night Elves can’t rebuild with their souls being nothing but ash in the maw and the Horde still occupying their lands

Yeah after sylvanas tries to play “oh no I was the greater victim” card like the absolute selfish pos she is.

Keep in mind they have never shown anything from Tyrande’s perspective, how tyrande feels, the weight of the loss, really anything other than just anger. We get a bunch of “feel sorry for sylvanas” cutscenes in shadowlands, never for Tyrande or the night elves, they try to make it as if Tyrande is the crazy one, that is why so many people assumed she was going to either die or be a raid boss, because of how blizzard likes to present the victims.

It’s always from the victimizer’s perspective, so when they have the ominous music playing again as Tyrande is angry, blizzard has intended for people to sympathize with the victimizers sylvanas over any of her victims. This is the problem, and after this Teldrasssil will be swept under the rug, along with the destruction of darkshore and the horde gains in Ashenvale after BfA. The night elves have got virtually nothing, other thann some being obliterated in the maw and a handful being saved.

11 Likes

That’s not remotely true if you play any of the ardenweald campaign.

6 Likes

They are even giving the Forsaken Tirisfal back and things like that while still ignoring the Night Elves.

Not only did the Night Elf souls get ignored to be obliterated in the maw, the Night Elves are also being completely exluded from a revamp now while the Forsaken get their things back on top of having control over Darkshore in the game.

What about the NE surviors Eth?

Did you forget about them?

1 Like

All five of them?

How can they rebuild with the Horde still attacking their lands and their brothers and sisters dead, tortured and reduced to nothing but soul ash / anima.

1 Like

There is nothing from Tyraden’s perspective in the Ardenweald campaign, I did play it. Tyrande is in one quest where she runs off in 9.0 and then appears again in 9.1 to fight and lose to sylvanas, then Elune takes her over and Tyrande just changes her mind. IN this part we get ZERO reasons what made tyrande change her mind, we didn’t get a cutscene like Syvlanas had with uther where she talks through her problems and pain, just opens her eyes and done.

The entirety of Shadowlands is about them trying to make a genocidal maniac sympathetic while entirely ignoring the pain and suffering of her actual victims.

10 Likes

A predictable ending, but at least it shuts down the whole ‘redemption arc’ thing. It’s honestly one of the few endings that could have been a somewhat fitting punishment, and it also sees an end to the Sylvanas fatigue in the story.

Feel bad for Dori’thur tho :confused: