Voice dialogue for Sylvanas's Judgement *Major Spoilers*

My covenant is Ardenweald, I serve the cycle

9 Likes

Dorithur is sent to keep Sylvanas in line.

So the portal to the afterlife will stay open? Or its just something Tyrande and her owl can do?

It’s staying open. Khadgar goes to the Shadowlands to visit Tazavesh after all that’s happened.

“Scouring every darkened reach until the final soul is free and you are all that remains and my people.”

Uh so Tyrande tells her to not free Night Elf souls so that they are obliterated…

Talk about character assassination, how does that make any sense for Tyrande to say/want…

1 Like

At least the only entrances to the Shadowlands are the Portal Rooms under guard by Death Knights.

There is little chance of anyone sending an Army into the Shadowlands unbidden with the Maw Rift closed.

The Shadowlands is only open to those deemed important by Death Knights and that’s a case by case basis. Same goes for Azeroth too.

Unimportant Souls aren’t returning to Azeroth on a whim when Death Knights are guarding the Portals. The Souls of mere Peasants will stay in the Shadowlands forever!

They probably won’t let Infamous Souls into Azeroth either. Furthermore Important Souls are those that the Ebon Blade thinks are important: Lady Moonberry, Droman Aliothe, Zayhad, Theotar, The Accuser, the Caretaker, the Stonewright, Renethal, Uther, Kleia, the Paragons of Bastion, Emeni, Baroness Vashj, Baron Morgraine, Margraves Draka and Sindane, Firim, Oracle Saezurah and the Eternal Ones themselves.

And that’s just the Souls of the Covenants! The Souls of Royalty, Faction Leaders, Legendary Heroes and Nobility will also be important enough to waltz through the Portals.

The Important Souls that the Death Knights never heard of will be rejected due to the Death Knights not having heard of them! That’s right: you are only coming back to the Realm of the Living if you are someone well-known in the 7 Zones of Shadowlands or on Azeroth, Draenor or Argus!

On Azeroth death is cheap for the important people while the unimportant are forced to face the brutal reality of death.

That was my first thought tbh and it would be hilarious.
“Sylvanas, my love! I knew you wouldn’t leave me behind. Wait- what is that? You brought a BIRD?!”

Other than that, I think it’s good. The punishment fits the crime and I’m pleased with this outcome. Wow. Never thought I’d say that.

4 Likes

Well, I got what I wanted.

This outcome for Sylvanas is the very least they can do for her. I sure as hell wasn’t hoping she’d stick around for the $#&@ show WoWs storytelling has become much less come back to the Horde for that matter. The Horde has gone through more leaders/Warchiefs at the same rate I go through $@mpons. One of them getting the ‘Illidan redemption package’ is all fans of this character can really ask for.

For 10 LONG YEARS it’s been a long 1 v 3 battle with Sylvanas. The developers and their need to drag legacy characters through the mud, the ‘muh honor’ Horde player base and their constant whining about the Hordes honor and whatever the hell honor means to the Horde this week, and the Alliance player base because Alliance.

I am just so relieved it’s finally over and yet I’m still broken on the inside for all the time and energy I put into Sylvanas (illidan too) and WoW’s roller coaster obnoxious storytelling only for it all to come to THIS.

1 Like

Pelagos : Are there any gathered here who object to this fate.

• Any Undead players who lost loved ones at Stormgrade?

• Any Undead players unhappy Sylvanas tried to strip an Undead of his free will? (Derek)

• Any Orc players upset she cheated at Mak’Gora and used (barrowed) death magic to kill Saurfang?

• Any Orc players upset she once again shattered the Horde?

• Thrall not upset she sent assassins to kill him and his children?

• Any Tuarens upset her boss threw Baine off a cliff? That she shattered the veil of Death and almost caused the Earthmother to die?

• Any Trolls upset that Vol’jin was lied to and made to believe Sylvanas should be Warchief in order to exploit the Horde?

• Any Zandalari upset Sylvanas brought a pointless war to your shores, causing the eventual death of your King?

• Jania, you upset she tried to turn your brother into a blight bomb?

• Any Humans upset she kidnapped your King and turned him into a Death Knight?

• Any Worgen upset she continues to evade justice for your kingdom?

• Any Paladins upset she unleashed the undead plague upon Azeroth?

• Night elf players??

Not gonna spend an extra 10 min to make an alternate ending for players who want Sylvanas to die?

We just gonna let everything she did slide???

Oh, alright then.

15 Likes

Night Elf souls: :raised_hand:

8 Likes

When I saw that I couldn’t help but think:

“If anyone can show just cause why Sylvanas and Nathanos should not be eternally together within the maw, speak now or forever hold their peace.”

I always cry at weddings. :cry:

2 Likes

It’s - finally - over, good.

(+) For now we have peace from Sylvanas, for a hopefully very long time
(+) She doesn’t just get a self-sacrifice and is redeemed.

(-) it just keeps a stale taste that the night elves had to wait until Sylvanas has the mercy for them to let her be judged, instead of the victim himself choosing the empowerment and passing the judgement. So the victim seems like the weaker of the two sides, and has to wait to get this opportunity.

1 Like

The things I have seen come to be in Shadowland’s story in recent time have made me feel very distant from this game. At first I saw so much potential for something very epic to happen with Sylvanas and Arthas with all of this, but it was all ruined. With Arthas now being gone and Sylvanas now for some reason having to submit to the will of characters that had little to nothing to do with her all these years is just too much for me to find any good grounds with all of this. This is all so wrong. Sylvanas’ story arc should have came full circle with Arthas, not the jailer, Tyrande, the arbiter (who I will never understand why its pelagos) or any of the other characters. Instead they made Arthas and Sylvanas pawns of the jailer to tell this story of this new being who supposedly has been pulling the strings of everything since Warcraft 3. Its fine if they wanted to make a character like the jailer, but please do not tarnish the legacies of beloved characters while doing so. If the jailer had to be part of WoW’s story, then Arthas and Sylvanas should have fought the jailer together after realizing they both were just pawns in his twisted game of revenge and now… uniting a cosmos for what is to come??? sigh… this is all just too much for me to care anymore. I’ve been following WoW’s story for over 17 years now and I think its time I stop caring about something that now feels dead to me.

1 Like

You know, I think this is a good ending. Folks who wanted justice for Sylvanas’ actions get actual justice rather than retribution, and Sylvanas has to clean up her own mess.

Sylvanas fans got to have justice for the effects that undeath and trauma took on her through arthas and the jailer’s actions as well by reuniting Sylvanas with her ability to reflect.

Do I love the 13 years of of story leading up to this?
No.

Do I wish they did cooler things with sylvanas as a force in government?
Yes.

Do I think this is the fairest resolution with what everybody had to work with in BFA?
Yes.

The worst part of this for forsaken fans though is that it means Calia menethal as a faction leader is probably incoming. And good lord, we do not want. Lol.

6 Likes

Well unless they’re Night Elves, of course :roll_eyes:

They only get oblivion in the maw…

To me, this doesn’t feel like and end.

It feels like they are putting a pin in this conflict and allowing Tyrande to focus on rebuilding the Night Elves.

Yes, Sylvanas may be out of the picture for a few expansions but the Forsaken are rebuilding too. This fight is far from over, the Forsaken and Night Elves will be sworn enemies for years to come. Which is fitting since the Night Elves after defeating the Legion have no big enemy, and the Forsaken will now get thier chance to destroy the Scourge.

Tyrande will get her victories, we just have to wait. Sylvanas may be good now, but she did not give up the Banshee Queen alltogether, and I really like that Tyrande is taking a darker turn.

2 Likes

We already save a ton of night elves from the maw in the ardenweald quest. There’s a lot of characters who got consumed in the maw in general.

3 Likes

No, by definition we don’t save a ton. We saved around a hundred only.

Yea, but somehow almost all of the Night Elf souls had to be obliterated too because Blizzard hates them.

Sylvanas speficially has to go and free souls except the Night Elf souls… just wow

I’m just not super attached to nameless NPC’s who never had a written personality.

I think you’re misreading that.

2 Likes

I’m attached to the Night Elves, and every Night Elf NPC had a name.

Nope, Tyrande says that Sylvanas has to go free souls until only Night Elf souls are left in the maw, then she’s free to go.

Pretty sure there’s a ton of nelves there who were unnamed because it’s impossible for a video game to name an entire population and keep track of it. I just don’t really have the capacity to be upset about every unnamed villager in stratholme who got zombified and smote by arthas. Or every unnamed NPC in warcraft who has bad things happen to them.

She is talking about some of the ones that didn’t make it earlier who got turned into anima wisps. She’s not saying “if you find a night elf, keep them there.” That makes no sense.

6 Likes