Voice dialogue for Sylvanas's Judgement *Major Spoilers*

https://twitter.com/DarkRanger_Sis/status/1506454995927027713

Sylvanas submits to Tyrande’s justice and Tyrande is skeptical and says there will be no peace but now Sylvanas is in her charge. So it seems like Sylvanas will jump into the Maw to help reclaim the lost souls to be judged by the Arbiter. Tyrande does not forgive her. Dorithur is sent to keep Sylvanas in line.

Tyrande is her new Jailer/Warden.

(Have fun with these spoilers, I’m gonna go hide from the fallout until after the book comes out.)

8 Likes

A less violent end than I’m sure many would hope for, but spending the rest of however long having to rescue souls from the Maw is actively working to address the damage she’s done.

I’d personally predicted an end where she basically replaced the Jailer as the keeper of the Maw, but in a more ironic “You want my power, then you have my responsibilities” way following an attempted betrayal on her part.

But now Syvanas is out of the picture and in the pocket for a later expansion if needed and we can all move on to other stuff!

23 Likes

Condolences to the superfans who somehow convinced themselves Sylvanas was going to shrug off the last two expansions and resume leadership of the Forsaken.

Well, whatever. As much as I once loved this character I’m just glad she’s out of the story.

27 Likes

She is gone. That is the very least I was hoping for. Having her forever trying to save souls from the Maw does have a sisiphian feel to it. So why not.

7 Likes

Oh good, now we can stop pretending we didn’t know this was what was going to happen since the last PTR.

Can we also be done with "Tyrande is going to forgive her and she’s going to be “redeemed” " nonsense from certain posters now?

35 Likes

Ethriel is not so easily appeased.

And full mask off moment? I don’t much blame her. She goes over the top, she might make some… Very speculative assumptions, but the base principle remains; Sylvanas is getting off very light after mass murdering the night elves. “Go do what the PC has been doing, but after the major threats are neutralized” is a pretty small punishment.

I’m happy Sylvanas’s fans aren’t losing her. I’m happy a Horde leader managed to not die. But it’s just very unfortunate that it comes at the expense of night elf fans getting some justice.

Blizzard really put together one hell of a crapfest situation where some very vocal group of fans would be bound to be upset either way, and miraculously found a way to make the fewest number of people genuinely happy.

24 Likes

I don’t know, we’ve probably got our final word on the fate of the “night elf souls” now. For better or worse.

2 Likes

The big issue as I see it though is certain night elf(and others) souls were permanently destroyed by Sylvanas’ choice. How exactly does she make up for such an event?

11 Likes

I feel bad for this bird. It sounds like she was just hanging around Tyrande, adventuring in all sorts of places, but now she is going to be stuck in the maw with Sylvanas? Will she at least get to vacay in Ardenweald every now and then? I am sure she is a dutiful bird that wants to serve Tyrande and trusts her - but now she is going to spend her time with Sylvanas in the maw, instead of with Tyrande all over the universe.

Maybe it could make an interesting buddy story. With Dorithur scouting for souls and working with Sylvanas, and keeping an eye on her, they might have an interesting relationship.

15 Likes

She’s being forced to save billions of souls more than she harmed while spending the next however many decades it takes her to complete her task in the Maw.

I know it’s not the violent punishment people wanted, but it’s a fairly steep punishment.

20 Likes

At least a few of them legit believed she would be vindicated as being right along with the Jailer.

2 Likes

Do we have any confirmation at all about “billions”? I assumed it was just those souls that were lost since the dreadlords tried to shove a whole Argus into the Arbiter.

She’s gone and I hope she stays gone forever. Beyond that I don’t have it in me to care, just like the rest of Shadowlands.

12 Likes

Indeed. It wasn’t just Night elf souls that got funneled to the Maw, but also all the other people who’ve died across the multi-verse that have been funneled through since the Arbiter got broken. That’s a lot of souls.

On a lighter note, given how much people complained about running the Maw for the past couple of years, wouldn’t death be a MERCY compared to having to run it 24/7 for potentially decades or centuries?

7 Likes

I assume it is billions. It is still all the souls as well from before the Arbiter went haywire. So that is a countless amount of time of all the worse of that worse sent to the Maw.

5 Likes

Oh joy. Another loose end.

1 Like

I am honestly tired of sylvanas and anduin.

10 Likes

I would’ve been fine with an endless search for her boy toy assuming that the Jailer disenchanted his soul offscreen. So I’m fine with this. Mainly since she has to find ALL the souls that are still trapped in the maw. That includes those trapped in Torghast. So not only does Sylvanas have to spend her days in the maw, she also has to run torghast.

What was torture for the players is now torture for her. Justice has been served on a meta level as well.

Alynsa. Sylvanas will have to run Torghast until she has found

every
last
soul
in
that
cursed
place
as Torghast is in the maw.

Saying she got off lightly is a gross miscalculation on the level of hell that is going to be for her. Given the countless unending complaints about Torghast from the GD forums. She made this bed and now she has to sleep in it.

11 Likes

I wanted to hate the ending.

I’ll confess, initially, I was a little disappointed that I didn’t hate the ending.

Dare I say… I liked it. Like, unironically too. This might be the first time since… the BfA pre-patch that I genuinely liked a plot point without any reservations.

Tyrande’s not dead. She’s not even evil. Sylvanas isn’t dead, which… I surprisingly like. I imagine that Sylvanas fans are (at least a little) happy that she’s just been shelfed and not killed (which, tbh was always probably gonna happen). Sylvanas is gone, out of our hair indefinitely, thank God. Uh… And she wasn’t just magically absolved of genocide. Like, Tyrande definitely didn’t forgive her.

That’s basically exactly what I wanted. Honestly Blizz… Good job. :+1:

EDIT: Sorry, Forsaken fans. You guys are still high-and-dry. My condolences. I’m rootin’ for you next.

7 Likes

You have made one grave miscalculation.

Steve Danuser is still working for Blizzard.

6 Likes