Video of the Vanish Bug

Hi, here is a video of the vanish bug that I managed to capture.

An example of the WoW classic vanish bug. Filmed 10/3/2019. I am pickpocketing in Blackrock Depths when I get resisted. I draw aggro and attempt to vanish out of it; the mobs keep relentlessly attacking me. I use preparation, sprint away and try to vanish again. However, despite being in stealth, a far distance away, and having vanished, the mobs continue chasing me; I am somehow still in combat. They destealth and proceed to chase me…at the very end, for some reason I drop combat and am allowed to naturally stealth, but the mobs continue to chase me, attack me, and kill me. There is definitely something bugged about vanish!

19 Likes

I was just in BRD doing pick pocketing as well. I was soloing Pyromancer Loregrain and after I killed him I did the usual wait for dot to drop then vanish. To my surprise the mob kept attacking through stealth and knocked me out. So I Prep and vanish again only to get knocked out again. I thought this was weird as I was doing the same thing last night and it was working fine. Searched on google and found this.

4 Likes

I made a post about this in in the FD+Trap thread but I’ll give the short version here:

You know how there’s a mob bug which sometimes transfers aggro to nearby players who are not involved in that fight or in any way with the player fighting the mob?

You know how there’s the mob bug where they can keep attacking while CC’d like fear, poly, trap?

You know how there’s a mob bug where while CC’d or kited they stack their auto attacks and deliver all of them at once?

Now imagine there’s some bug that makes mobs flip out and not drop aggro/target appropriately when you Vanish.

I think there’s 2 issues at play - TONS of mob bugs and TONS of artificial latency and batching bugs causing a lot of classes and pets issues to perform when they press buttons.

To fix these class issues they also need to fix the mob issues.

The game is a crap show, flat out. It’s a horrible port by every measure you can make.

9 Likes

Wow I had heard about the vanish issues but since I don’t play rogue I had no idea it was this bad.

This is bad.

This is really. Really bad.

7 Likes

What the hell is with that restealth at the end of the video?
You aggro’d mobs in an instance. How do you drop combat to restealth?

These game mechanics are so weird…

4 Likes

I was also wondering about that. This rogue restealths THREE TIMES and was unable to drop combat

3 Likes

Vanish fails 2x and then he drops combat (even tho he doesn’t) for no reason inside a dungeon which shouldn’t happen.

Something is really off here.

6 Likes

the vanish was used twice which took him out of combat until the mob hit him.

The idiot mobs didnt obey, he was still being chased even though ooc.

He tried to use an invis potion (can be used out of combat) but the NPCs were like “Nah, your in Combat sucker, NT - Blizz got our backs - f uck you”.

Holy heck.

I actually used a health potion, but at the same time I did, noticed that my stealth ability was available for use for some reason, so pressed that at the same time I used the health potion. But yeah same result!

2 Likes

Ah interesting… I wonder how an invis potion would have worked in that case… probably still attack.

That’s actually even worse than just having vanish bug twice. Now rogues have stealth randomly lighting up in combat for no reason. Wonderful

2 Likes

He actually gets out of combat in the end (watch the sword symbol on the UI that shows his level).
It looks like there is a bug with combat flags in dungeons in general, because he loses it just by outrunning the mobs just like you would do outside of an instance.
This should never be possible and I have seen mobs inside dungeons reset when you make them evade.

I have a feeling these bugs all come together here.
Actually I cannot remember that this bug ever happened to me outside of dungeons.

2 Likes

Yeah, my vanish literally did NOTHING. Apart from making a noise and changing the visuals of my character a shade darker. Lol

2 Likes

I have this same issue in BRD, with the gnomes in the golem area… If they resist I die 100% of the time no matter if vanish and prep are both up … it’s useless. most of the dungeon other than them are not much of a issue but sometimes are… :confused:

3 Likes

Does this happen with other mobs around the world? These don’t have truesight do they?

Happens with all mobs.

there used to be even a bug where a player who was sapped could target a stleth rogue (if they walked over the sapped player) spaming abilities while incapacitated would make stealth just break for no reason.

wonder if batching brought this bug back

That was so very weird. I don’t think I have noticed this happening to me. How rare is it for vanish to bug out like this?

The only bugs I have noticed randomly happen so far are randomly getting aggro from an enemy someone else is fighting (an enemy that I haven’t even attacked), while the other is some visual bug I get sometimes after CCing an enemy where they aren’t facing the correct way (I gouge them and go behind to backstab but find they aren’t actually facing away from me).

1 Like

may or may not be relevant but I had something similar to that happen on druid.

went + combat with a mob that couldn’t reach me, I have show targets target on so I could see he was just standing looking at me.

I noticed prowl is off cooldown, but he is still looking at me as if incombat, so I hit it and it makes him go back to pathing.

@ Ék
had this too, I am fighting 2 pirates, someone a little away also fighting 2 pirates, without warning for no reason I could see the two I am fighting just up run off start hitting the nearby guy.

I pst him saying it was strange asking what happened, never responded, he didn’t have any aoe or anything

1 Like