Video of the Vanish Bug

What happened on the video has happened to me well over 10 times before. I’d probably say around 50 or so in my classic experience. The double vanish and BOTH failing even in circumstances I vanish far away and the mobs just continue to relentlessly chase me despite me being vanished, away from them and in stealth.

Also, I should not be able to re-stealth in dungeons after I get a certain distance of the mobs while they are chasing me! Something is CLEARLY very, very bugged about it, and i hope we get a blue post soon.

7 Likes

Blizzard. Can you please at the very least comment on this? It is a game breaking bug for rogues.

2 Likes

Wow this is exactly what happened to me today.

2 Likes

This keeps happening to me as well…

2 Likes

Somehow this is the first I have seen of this, and its horrible. Theres no WAY thats not broken. The video is super clear.

3 Likes

Bump. I’m being driven mad by these Vanish issues.

4 Likes

Yep. Still not working. Bump!

2 Likes

Bumping this. Was doing ZF pickpocket runs today and kept encountering this same issue with vanish. I also got the same bug where it says you leave combat even though the mobs were still chasing me. Really hope blizz is looking into this.

1 Like

Describing it exactly as I experience it! I am confident blizzard will fix it eventually.

Just used your video for reference hope you don’t mind.

It’s striking

1 Like

Thanks. And bump!

This was an issue in WoW until around Wrath/Cata. Deal with it.

No it wasn’t it was fixed in 1.5

lol did you actually watch the video

Also a side note about spell batching, look at the rogue section for the 1.10 patch notes. It states that enemies will no longer be able to attack you during a cheap shot opener, yet here in classic they can due to artificial spell batching.

• Creatures will no longer get one hit on a rogue before cheap shot takes effect.
5 Likes

SHAME BLIZZARD.
Shame.

1 Like

This is so incredibly annoying.

lol interesting

1 Like

Bump please!

1 Like

Super bump. This is broken as all heck, and video proof of what we’ve been going through. On top of the fact that you brought back the (fixed in mid vanilla) bug of being hit/cast on after cheap shot opener, the vanish bug breaks fundamental portions of the class.

If this is still around come honor system the class isn’t even worth playing.

4 Likes

Bump. This is embarassing

4 Likes