Please fix vanish!

was planning to play a rogue at some point but kept being told by rogues they are full of bugs, instant poison not critting, poisons sometimes randomly falling off for no reason after 4 minutes or falling off when getting disarmed.

as for vanish, having played a rogue since tbc I can attest, vanish has always been broken and always just randomly dropped, sometimes vs a caster you could cloak sprint vanish and pop back out of stealth for no reason.

not saying this is how it should be but blizzard never had it working right.

at a guess going to say vanish/FD is broken due to their implementation of batching since its artificially recreated

2 Likes

It seems extremely similar to the hunter bug, exactly same problem with combat not dropping fast enough (or not dropping at all).

Here is just one video I captured of the bug!

9 Likes

Bump. experience the same issues everyone else is with vanish. not working like it did in vanilla

1 Like

its funny this is exactly how vanish works against city guards, I wonder if its specific to pick pocket ? does it work the same if you just walk upto them without stealth and then hit vanish?

Wow I had no idea it was this bad

This is really really bad

3 Likes

It works the same no matter what - not just pickpocket. I could draw aggro any which way, and vanish will fail the same way.

Don’t get me wrong, sometimes it DOES work. But it’s only about 50% of the time or so it works. It really sucks when it doesn’t and I get killed and have to spend 5-10 minutes corpse running.

5 Likes

Thank you for posting a video, exactly what is happening to me as well even when you sprint run away 15yards and then use first vanish it’ll fail just as you see on the second vanish attempt in the video.

I’m amazed that there hasn’t been an blue post regarding this.
They did fix Hunter’s FD…
Did this rogue vanish problem exist in Vanilla?

2 Likes

Vanish had problems during vanilla. However, they were fixed in a patch in I believe 1.10 or so. Could be wrong on the actual patch but it was fixed about a year and a half into vanilla.

I distinctly remember very similar problems happening during the first year and a half of vanilla, then it being patched around mid 2006. I remember that, when it was patched, I was astounded vanished would work 100% of the time! It felt so much more powerful and more usable.

I’m hoping they patch this bug soon.

Streamer beta test

3 Likes

Wrong, they didn’t fix hunter’s FD.

5 Likes

There was a short immunity added to Vanish during TBC to prevent things like this from happening.

Vanish was always problematic, even back then.

It was, but this is different. The vanilla issue was almost imperceptible relative to the current bug.

2 Likes

It would be nice to hear from a blue about this. It is so blatantly broken I can’t believe they haven’t even acknowledged it yet. I can’t even pick pocket farm dungeons atm because I lose more gold from repairing then I make.

2 Likes

Just fought another rogue in open world, we were standing right next to each other and both vanished at the same time. I tried to sap, he cheap shot me. Batching should have both gone off, my sap failed because he was in combat.

You can vanish stuns, so he didn’t vanish my sap or get put in combat early by cheap shotting me. He just never left combat.

I can unfortunately confirm that when a rogue is vanishing my autos will still go off breaking vanish almost instantly. Something is wrong with the way they are queueing combat into spell batching

5 Likes

Vanish is just a cosmetic ability right now.

2 Likes

This is exactly the bug that I’ve been seeing as well. Super annoying.

1 Like

I was testing in BRD and have had the EXACT same thing happen again and again, around the same distance post sprint, no incoming dmg, mobs just don’t deaggro.

I tested around 4-5 times, same result everytime.

3 Likes

Please look into this. Game breaking for rogues.

1 Like