Veto'ing Real ID literally ruined the game

Sure, but almost everyone that uses it has a real FB account with their real info in it. I’m not talking about troll accounts or accounts people use to engage in content that their friends and family don’t deem acceptable. Also, FB and most other popular social media sites know exactly(probably within 99% accuracy) who you are, regardless of what dud information you put into them.

Pretty sneaky, sis…

Because authorities are so great at stopping something before a murder happens : )

Hey keep telling yourself they ll protect you in time.

Though if you live in america it is more likely you are gonna get shot by the fire happy police xD

2 Likes

First step: You shouldn’t be able to set up Battle.net accounts with false data.
Second step: Reverify all existing battle.net accounts.
It’s all Blizzards property here, nothing wrong with it if they can hold a real person accountable for her actions in the Blizzard eco-system.

Edit: that information would not be public ofc, only available to blizzard

no, not at all.

such a stupid idea.

3 Likes

Nope.

3 Likes

No one is remotely interesting in receiving 62 pizzas delivered to their house.

5 Likes

Blizzards legal team is glad they scrapped it.

5 Likes

It would depend on the pizza…

no, what problems are you having that would have helped it? RealID was only going to be used for friends and forums, not your in-game characters.

makes a post about not being able to hide behind anonymity…posts on a low level alt instead of their main.

thatsbait.gif

8 Likes

By “accountability” do you mean the ability for someone such as yourself to keep informed as to what Character, and what Blizzard game they are playing , and harass someone who disagrees with you? Or are you talking about your ability to stalk someone that you have an interest in no matter what game or Character they are playing?

5 Likes

The entire unspoken premise of realid seems to be that the “good” people are more powerful in the real world and so “bad” people will be intimidated by the prospect of conflicts escalating into the real world.

That premise seems flawed to me.

6 Likes

I love the argument that facebook and similar social media sites use real names so it should be fine for Blizz to do it.

First, facebook and others have stepped up security over the years and tried to make it harder to find out information about people who don’t explicitly want you to have that information. Pandora’s box has already been opened in this regard, but they’ve still tried.

Second, online gaming has some seriously messed up people. The last thing anyone wants is for someone who can’t handle losing in PvP or being undercut in the AH to have an easy path for some sort of revenge.

Forcing people to use their real name online is a terrible idea. Changing it so you have use your real name when you didn’t have to previously is an even worse one.

5 Likes

He says posting on a lvl 94 alt.

No.

3 Likes

My account still has my dead name on it since I’ve yet to officially get it changed.

So heck no to this. All of this. No.

5 Likes

No

/characters

This is my main. I legit haven’t played since Cata, except a few months of WoD.

Obviously this is for your own good. You don’t get to stalk people IRL. I assume you do this when ever you can just know that some people out there are crazy and you shouldn’t stalk them.

Lol. Yeah. No.

I simply meant back when I played(I just came back), everyone knew one another on the server. Now , outside of a guild, it’s a bunch of strangers that are rude.

By accountability, I meant that your actions and words in game defined who you are and how you are responded too.