Very toxic and racist community

Racism doesn’t happen because you don’t see it.
You’re a whole joke, please stop trolling.

1 Like

Prove to be of Latin realm and woman. I have two types of experiences with you, US realms guys: those that insult me ​​for being latina or those that ask me about my personal life why I joined a Discord on a pug.

2 Likes

Racism doesnt happen in this game because it doesnt exist in this game.
You are a bigger joke, please show me the source on your comments ? This is your opinion and not a fact.

I mean, if they’re going far enough to say such things, they’re marking their own WoW grave.

Report them. At minimum they’ll get silenced but may also get a ban period.

1 Like

Here’s more. Keep being ignorant about it all you want, if it makes you feel better.

Racism is a large issue with the community in WoW. Your denial of it only makes it easier for it to exist.

1 Like

3 examples is not representing the entire community. that is an extrapolation

Again this is a call out. not actual proof.

Is there a study that shows how many people in WoW are racist and toxic? Taking a few examples doesnt automatically make the entire community racist and toxic.

No proof just peoples opinions

You said racism doesn’t exist in the game. I’m showing you irrefutable evidence that it does.

Would you like me to link an article per player that is actively subscribed to the game, or do you want to stop cherry-picking legitimate evidence that you literally just asked for?

3 Likes

You wanted evidence. I gave you evidence. It’s clear you don’t want to meet me halfway on this because humility isn’t something that exists within your vocabulary. It’s okay to admit you’re wrong about something.

I never said the entire community was racist and toxic, but it is a widespread issue. Discrediting other experiences just because you haven’t experienced it yourself is not a valid argument to make here. You want to speak in facts and objectivity, and yet your argument is based entirely on your experience. Who in the world are you to say it doesn’t?

It’s a waste of my time to try and argue with you any longer. Be ignorant. Rebuke anyone else’s experience just because “they’re trolls trying to bait people”, but just know that you aren’t just part of the problem when you do that; you literally ARE the problem. Your denial of it will always allow it to exist in the game, and it will only enable others to act similarly.

You want to know why Blizzard took such extreme measures to block such hateful words being used in the game? It’s because people like you refuse to see within reason how widespread the issue is.

1 Like

I invite you to visit the latin forums. Get ready to read every horror story.

3 Likes

Is this what you call “Moving the Goalposts?” like bro.

Go on link your opinionated article. Extremes exist everywhere it doesnt make the entire community racist and toxic. The OP post says Very toxic and racist community which suggests majority which is not the case.

Im asking for studies and reports. real evidence not 3 comments made in a game which millions play

It’s so wild because you literally just have to use your eyes. I mean, sure I could google scholar some peer-reviewed papers–and have–but why? It’s in trade chat right now. I joined a guild’s discord and immediately saw multiple slurs. It’s on these forums. People either are keeping their heads so far in the sand they’re hitting the Earth’s core or they know and just don’t actually care.

4 Likes

A really large proportion of Americans are in a special kind of denial about what they have become.

1 Like

Screen shot them right now with time stamp.

I did but only on my warlock when she was human and i made her black with an afro. I loved that look. But i got whispers like you wouldnt believe. :frowning:

2 Likes

You wanted evidence. I gave you evidence. It’s clear you don’t want to meet me halfway on this because humility isn’t something that exists within your vocabulary. It’s okay to admit you’re wrong about something.

I never said the entire community was racist and toxic, but it is a widespread issue. Discrediting other experiences just because you haven’t experienced it yourself is not a valid argument to make here. You want to speak in facts and objectivity, and yet your argument is based entirely on your experience. Who in the world are you to say it doesn’t?

It’s a waste of my time to try and argue with you any longer. Be ignorant. Rebuke anyone else’s experience just because “they’re trolls trying to bait people”, but just know that you aren’t just part of the problem when you do that; you literally ARE the problem. Your denial of it will always allow it to exist in the game, and it will only enable others to act similarly.

You want to know why Blizzard took such extreme measures to block such hateful words being used in the game? It’s because people like you refuse to see within reason how widespread the issue is.

2 Likes

Wrong, they absolutely say an action was taken against the account because of your report and tell you to please keep reporting these things.

You didn’t give me evidence. You gave me an opinion and 3 comments.

Again no proof it’s not widespread. Secondly burden is on the prosecution to prove it exists

Calling me ignorant isn’t evidence. Neither is blaming for something that doesn’t exist.

They weren’t extreme measures they were normal things to do. Again no evidence it’s widespread