Very toxic and racist community

It all went downhill when they rubbed it in our faces and introduced the pet Crackers. :frowning:

I mean, you can label this however you want.

But a few threads below this one, there are people legitimately angry that Blizzard won’t let them say viciously racist things in the game anymore.

3 Likes

Okay for one. Blocking exists for this reason. Why limit other people speech if you don’t like it. Why not just block them.
People like to silence other people through reports because it makes them feel better.

Secondly those posts are also baits

Why limit a racial slur? Lmao.
You’re either a troll or racist. Go read the CoC/ ToS and whatever you wanna call it. I’m not gonna sit here and be called a racial slur and every which way and just be told “block them” all day. Since some of you good jokes can’t seem to act like normal, decent humans that’s the issue.

6 Likes

not enough toxicity, spawn more overlords

Yes, and it also exists for many other reasons, not to just be a list of racist jerks in trade chat who want to be edgy and offensive.

Because you shouldn’t be allowed to say abhorrent things in the name of “muh speech”, especially in a game where, as I said in another thread, people from multiple backgrounds come to play. This is not a matter of “just blocking someone”. It’s a matter of making those who would be the target of such hateful language feel more welcome.

You can block a person all you want. It doesn’t change the fact that that person is still playing the game and doesn’t want you there. Maybe forcing someone to stop saying such things won’t change how they personally feel, but they certainly have to keep it to themselves now.

If it’s a bannable offense, why should it still be allowed?

I see that you’re new here.

2 Likes

How do they know what race you are?

I’ve never seen this happen to anyone, but ok.

It doesn’t matter, how about not say racial slurs?

1 Like

I don’t find the story credible. It has nothing to do with your question.

Everyone is okay in game. I have not encountered any racism. Blizzard has handled true racism really well. You are the one who isn’t a decent human

Your point that ?

You aren’t allowed to say racist things. Blizzard has handled this really well. I’m an Indian I haven’t encountered anything like this. I feel quite welcome.

Racist things are bannable. People have quite a warped definition of what racism is.

Clearly you are the one that is new if you think They aren’t troll and bait posts like those lgbtq threads

1 Like

I had a friend on another game get called the N word, no one knew he was black but he has never been called one before and it hurt him.

I mean, are you gonna believe me? Probably not but ok lmao, keep pretending this doesn’t happen here and there.

3 Likes

Good for you. I fail to see how that discounts all the other experiences that would probably counter it.

No. I’m pretty sure slurs that have been used as a tool for oppression, marginalization, and hateful rhetorics are definitely racist.

3 Likes

I didn’t say that. You really believe:

?

By groups presumably more than two or three, enough to warrant a thread. I mean, do you actually believe OP? OP said he just returned after a couple years, how many times have you seen this happen during SL alone?

1 Like

Well for one no one is racist openly in trade chat because of it being a bannable offence…

people have a warped definition of what a racial slur is.

Saying this multiple times isn’t going to make what you’re saying any less hollow.

same goes for your arguments.
The community is not toxic and racist.
OP has given no proof. no screenshots nothing.
First post he ahs ever made. What really happened is he got kicked from the group for being bad at the game which is why he is hiding behind is lvl 35 alt like trolls do

2 Likes

Have as little interaction with “wow players” as possible. Problem solved.

The gaming community as a whole is demonstrably toxic and racist, and WoW is no exception. I’ve seen academic papers written on the phenomenon.

6 Likes

Link papers please. I would like the see the methodology of study they used.

1 Like

But you don’t understand. He hasn’t experienced any of it, so it must not be!!!

4 Likes