Valhalla conspicuously absent from afterlife

Lol yup. If I was at a friends house and they were hispanic, their parents would insist on sharing some food with me just because I was all skin and bones. Oh I could eat. Just had a wicked fast metab back then lol.

Uh-oh. The Hispanic death-by-food sentence.

Even when not, the food is always the amount of people x10.

There’s 5 people in house, they cook enough food to feed 50. We always say to mom, “you cooked way too much food” and she’s just like, “Los animales outside are hungry.” Those raccoons and possums are so spoiled lmao

1 Like

SkyHold the warrior Class Hall is Valhalla.

It is technically the Vrykul afterlife, since Odyn redirects their souls there. And the Warrior player has a ticket there after their last death, if they finished the Class Hall questline and became Odyn’s Champion and “only living Valarjar”.

There is a lot in Wrath of the Lich king too with the Vrykul.

well he’s in the living world and roaming around

doubt it counts as an afterlife and more like a reincarnation into what a metal body of somewhat?

SkyHold is in the plane of Air, he just hangs out on Azeroth to help fight the Legion and for the Warrior Class Hall questline. Also, putting souls in the Valarjar bodies is no different than putting them in Kyrian or Venthyr or Abomination or Anima Creature bodies in Shadowlands. Seems like in the WOW multiverse, souls have to be placed into new bodies to bind them to their afterlife realm.

Also, supposedly we will learn a bit more about Odyn’s
“deal” in 9.1.

Maldraxxus is the equivalent of Valhalla if we’re looking at the 4 factions. Glory, War, Honor, an endless battle. Death and resurrection. At least that’s the impression I got.

Halls of Valor in Stormheim on Broken Isles literally has Odyn (Odin) and that dungeon looks a LOT like the Valhalla according to mythology. Plenty of food, drunken fights, valkyries, etc.

Least they were nice enough to not use a lot of spice if they were making extra stuff for me. I got that “white people” heat tolerance lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3EuAWUgIGg

And presumably stay there forever, because everyone knows a cat would never regret or atone.

1 Like

That is why Alexandros Mograine, herald of the great one, forseer of the coming of the master, bearer of the word, the Ashbringer, is there. To prepare Maldraxxus for the arrival of Ketchum!

1 Like

Yeah the entire design on the afterlife besides maybe Kyrian makes no sense. The lore is just bad and unbelievable at this point.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=175715/lucy

The mispronunciation makes it worse. Pronounced with a Y, Blizzard!

1 Like

Who knows, there are supposedly many zones of the Shadowlands, perhaps Valhalla hasn’t been revealed (or yet). I imagine since its an afterlife for warriors, that Varian would go there, probably Anduin Lothar and Broxigar.

What exactly is the Halls of Valor “part of” it doesn’t look like it’s in Azeroth.

Did you not play Legion?

The Halls of Valor is the WoW version of Valhalla, complete with golden halls filled with the spirits of slain warriors (all of them Vrykul), a deity-like figure named Odyn etc etc.

Besides my previous mention of it being formerly part of Ulduar there is some speculation on it’s current position, such as somewhere above Azeroth or in its own pocket dimension, but nothing explicitly canonical from I’ve found (though at time of writing I don’t have any of my sources up and am going by memory). I suppose it’d be safest to say it is where it is and it and subsequently Helheim are pretty much their own thing. There’s also a theory that Helya put it somewhere in Skywall, the Elemental Plane of Air, due in part to the role she played in the creation of both.

Didn’t we visit this stuff in Legion? I seem to remember some crazy guy named Odin or Odyn or something and he had two tweety birds that followed him around and did things for him
 must have been one of my drunken stoopers
hic!

Valhalla is more like the Warrior Order Hall in WoW. Shadowlands is more like Heaven + Hell together. While there’s Norse based stuff it’s not the only type of mythology present into it. We’ve had Greek before as well, and we always lacked a Purgatory, it’s more just their own thing.