Valhalla conspicuously absent from afterlife

Halls of Valor=Valhalla

They really should have made it another covenant though. Probably were afraid people would say it was a Legion rehash. I’m also surprised we haven’t seen a hint of Thros yet either.

Strictly speaking, Skyhold is an analogue for Valhalla, but putting aside how limited Odyn’s power is Maldraxxus is essentially the same thing.

I see you have a huge misunderstanding of the lore and their reference. Valhalla in the game is Halls of Valor, in scandinavian myth valhalla is but a zone of Asgard, the realm of gods (for the group of gods who won the civil war), one of the 9 realms in the universe. While one of the other 8 realms is helheim, also called hel. In game, it uses the same name as Helheim, that is the representation of the realm of dead. And we already saw Helya in SL.

TLDR: Valhalla is a living realm, Shadowland is the realm of dead. Ofc you won’t find it in SL.

Cats canonically go to Revendreth according to a battle pet.

1 Like

That’s hilarious. Makes me think of The Oatmeal comic about how cats are basically serial killers.

looks up Sin Eaters
Sees a movie starring Robin Williams called The Final Cut

whaaaaaaaaat the heck kinda rabbit hole am I going down now?

1 Like

I tell you again: Maldraxxus is NOT the “Warrior afterlife”.

It’s the afterlife of the unyielding and ambitious. The people who never give up and want to be the very best.

If you are a warrior that fights for a higher cause you go to Bastion.

If you are a warrior that fights to protect nature, you go to Ardenweald.

If you are a warrior that is full of hubris and badness, you go to Revendreth.

If you are an innkeeper and you want to be the best innkeeper and you’d never give up on being the best innkeeper, you go to Maldraxxus. And that’s the story of Mama Tomalin.

3 Likes

They may say might makes right but that means any kind of might. Mental and physical.

And culinary as well!

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/mama-tomalin/891975

Oh weird I didn’t notice this npc on my death knight.

She radiates hispanic mom energy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW1JDTRIkaA

I know they’re going more italian with a name like Tomalin but growing up in arizona I’ve seen waaaaaaaaaaay more hispanic families than italian lol

1 Like

Mama Tomalin is a Butcher’s Block Abomination.

She only shows up at Abominable Stitching Rank 3+.

Ah that explains it I’m still on rank 2. Those dang anima conductors keep hogging upgrade anima. I just like having all the beams going

The “Norse stuff” is the Titan Keepers.

Kinda thought Skyhold was pretty stupid, to be honest.

Y’know, aside from the fact that the Maldraxxi only get one second life merely as themselves, and if they get a third shot it’s as a horrible soulstitched beast, wherein both the bits of the Shadowlands-granted “physical bodies” and their actual souls are haphazardly sutured together into a constantly stressed and confused warbeast.

The Shadowlands isn’t just five zones. The Shadowlands are an infinite number of realms that the dead go to. The five zones we see are the ones relevant to the story currently.

Well, more accurately the zones we see are “vital to the function of the Shadowlands” and are the homes of the Eternal Ones. I’d presume other afterlives wouldn’t have the same type of god-figures constantly hovering over the “work” that has to be zone.

1 Like

warriors order hall in legion.

tho its not in the afterlife tbh…

2 Likes

I like the cut of your gib, Lizelle :green_heart:

Abuela: “I ask if you would like more tamales”

Translation:
Eat those tamales mocoso or I will get la chancleta and whoop your A

1 Like