Using Artifact Weapon's other appearances in transmog

I am trying to transmog my regular weapons into the appearance of Legion’s artifact weapons. While i get the original version of the weapon, I can’t transmog the additional appearances of the Legion weapons. For instance, I am trying to transmog “Blades of the Fallen Prince” into it’s second artifact appearance, “Frostmourne’s Legacy”, but it is not letting me. I have changed the artifact weapon’s appearance itself to this, but it won’t change the transmog option. Is there a way to fix this?

2 Likes

In the transmog window, click on your weapon. Then you’ll see all the various options. In the upper right corner there’ll be a drop down menu with options for the weapon type. One of those weapon types will be Legion Artifacts. Select that one. Then right click on the various versions and all the different colors will show in a drop down menu.

3 Likes

Where are you trying to change the appearance, Frolourn? The Artifact Appearance should be available to apply to normal qualifying weapons at the Transmog Vender. It has it’s own dropdown “Artifact”.

You can only change the appearance of your Artifact Weapon at the Soul Forge in your Class Hall.

Note: You must be in the spec for the Artifact Weapons in order to use its appearance.

3 Likes

Yes, i know about the “Legion Artifacts” dropdown. The issue I am having is that under the drop down, there is only one type of appearance available, the default “Blades of the Fallen Prince” and it’s color variants. It is not however showing the other unlocked appearances available, for instance “Frostmourne’s Legacy” and their associated colors. I have already changed the original artifact weapon’s appearance at the Soul Forge as well.

1 Like

Were you in the middle of something, Mathelse? Or could you switch characters for me? I’d like to poke around and see if I can figure out what is up. If you can, just let me know.

1 Like

Yes, I switched to the character that is having the current issue, sorry for not clarifying! In addition, to clarify my goal, I am trying to apply the “Frostmourne’s Legacy” Artifact Appearance to my current non-artifact weapon. However, under the “Legion Artifacts” tab in transmogrification, the only options are the color variations of the default model of “Blades of the Fallen Prince”. In addition, I have unlocked the Frostmourne’s Legacy appearance for the artifact weapon itself and have changed the Artifacts appearance to it via the Soul Forge. However, I cannot use said appearance through transmogrification for some unknown reason.

1 Like

You misunderstand. I meant… could you switch to a different character so I could take a look?

1 Like

oh, my bad! Sure thing.

Alright. Looking at the options available, it looks like the ones on the left are the Frostmourne’s Legacy appearances you have available, it just is labeling them Blades of the Fallen Prince.

Do you see this when you look at the vendor?

Imgur

Go ahead and log back in.

If you can see them and use them, then it would seem the bug is just one with labeling. I’d recommend posting in the Bug Report forum or through the in-game interface option in the help menu so our QA team can take a look.

1 Like

They are appearing now! Thank you for whatever you did! I’ll also submit a bug report as well, as I have screenshots of when it only showed the three default models. Thank you again!

2 Likes

Im having this problem too. I can only see the default models when i go to transmog vendor and ive just finished my class hall campaign

3 Likes

I had this same issue. The solution was as simple as logging out and logging back in after obtaining the appearance. I had tried transmogging it right away after completing the quest, but it wasn’t there in the list until relogging. Hope that works for everyone else!

7 Likes

I’m having the same issue on Pilkington-Tichondrius (Horde–not Alliance). Feral artifact weapon appearances are not showing even though I have had them unlocked since Legion.

1 Like

If you are applying them to an artifact weapon, you still need to do it from your class hall.

If you are applying it to other weapons, are you in Feral spec? You won’t get offered them unless you are. In the transmog window drop-down select Legion Artifacts.

2 Likes

In addition to what @Rufflebottom posted, the Feral (and Guardian as well) Artifact appearances show differently in the Legion Artifacts tab of the transmog window. You need to right-click the ones shown to see additional tints and appearances.

6 Likes

Was having this issue as well, where only the original skins were appearing in the transmog window. To fix it all I had to do was log out and back in.

That often indicates that there is a UI issue/corrupted file, Rember.

I’d check to see if any of your addons need to be updated but if it persists, you may want to reset your User Interface and start fresh.

2 Likes

I’m having this same issue as well. For Fangs of Ashamane, when I go into my Transmogrify panel and select my current weapon to transmog it, and then select Legion Artifacts on the right, I am only given 4 options (3 tints for Moonspirit, and 1 tint for Ghost of the Pridemother).

However when I actually equip Fangs of Ashamane while in my class hall and open the Artifact Appearance pane, I have 15/24 appearance/tint combos unlocked.

I even tried making sure that I had the one that I wanted to use left as the selected appearance before I closed the Artifact Appearance pane and re-equiped my current weapon for transmog to see if that at least would make that appearance show up as one of the 4 in my transmog pane, but it does not. I’ve also logged out and back in.

This has been this way for me since the beginning of BfA. I finally got sick enough of those 4 options for my feral form that I decided to try to do something about it/see if anyone else has had this issue and if there is a fix. And then I found this thread.

Is there a fix besides resetting your entire UI?

1 Like

For druids, try right clicking the appearance.

2 Likes

Yes, that is how it works for Feral & Guardian. If you see my previous post above, I posted a screenshot of my Feral.

But if the right-click method is not working, then a full UI reset would be the next step in working to resolve the issue.

3 Likes