Upset about customer support stance

Whom are you responding to? The OP had his issue resolved a year ago. You do realize this is a thread necro.

7 Likes

Yeah, no. A manager isn’t going to magically do what someone wants because one request it. They’re not going to make things appear out of thin air because you talked to them, they’re not going to tell things what happened to other people accounts, etc.

6 Likes

Probably not a good idea, as the person has demonstrated opening enough tickets at this point to be advised not to continue to do so, even going so far as to be warned against opening more tickets.

But that does not appear to be the case, if you read this reply,

Later they stated having a letter showing 25000, which was demonstrated could be done with out actually sending the gold by another poster.

But then this, which means it may have gone to another player, but the other player already opened the mail and retrieved the gold. In which case Blizzard reps will not tell where the gold is due to privacy.

But maybe not, geez this post got out of hand when I went to bed.

My guess is this person did not understand the responses, but not being able to see the responses doesn’t help either.

Unfortunately that is true, this is not a contact point for Customer Service. This is a player to player discussion forum only, with moderator input from time to time on key topic and issues.

Just make sure you are responding to the poster at the 1 year ago point, not the OP, op had their original question answered last June. The original post that brought all this up though was deleted.

6 Likes

Thank you. I’m seeing the exact same thing you’ve seen. These regulars are toxic, even to each other.

2 Likes

Now the regulars are flagging my posts as trolling when they are not. They can’t handle any type of criticism, however warranted. All hail the mighty King Blizzard and their blind followers. smh

2 Likes

I really hope one of the SFAs is able to provide Chedz with some clarity. I’m eager to find out what really happened.

9 Likes

Asking what happened isn’t a bannable offense. But it sounds like they’ve told you that you simply didn’t attach 25k to that mail - if the ticket said otherwise please let us know - and you do not accept that to be true. So beyond that, no there is no way to verify your gold amounts except for keeping track of them yourself. Blues on here will sometimes give a detailed accounting of how much gold each of your characters had and what they’ve spent it on, but they typically just do that to publicly refute your claim that you lost gold since you’re making that claim on the public forums. I suppose a GM might do that from a ticket, but typically they just inform you the mail had no gold attached or what otherwise might’ve happened.

5 Likes

Yes, I fully understand they don’t want to provide an explanation. There is no other way for anyone to know what really happened though. Guess I’m just screwed.

1 Like

It depends on how many tickets you opened, and what the responses were.

3 Likes

Hopefully a blue will do that for you here at least for your peace of mind. But, if they already told you there was no gold attached, and you don’t trust them, then if they break down your gold amounts for you and show you didn’t attach it, why would you trust that either?

2 Likes

They didn’t say anything like that, only that the logs didn’t show it. Very unhelpful.

1 Like

that is synonymous with saying you didn’t attach it. they use that particular phrasing for a few different reasons that don’t really matter here.

1 Like

They claim the logs don’t show it and no email was ever sent. I even sent them the screen shot of the letter in the receiver’s bag. They didn’t bother to acknowledge that though.

1 Like

Because they don’t take screenshots for most - read: 99.99% of thing. The toon could’ve had that from months ago for their logs shown.

I think others already pointed out this could be a UI issue, with one even showing pictures, but GM staff would not go by screen shots of something you see, only the in game logs.

So again, I’m just screwed. They want me to believe them, but they won’t believe me. How else can I prove the email if not a screenshot? It’s the record I have of the email being sent. I get that gold might not have been attached, but they’re saying the email was never sent. How then, could I have the letter?

1 Like

BEcause you can send a note without gold, say whatever you want on it and point at it and scream to the high evens. It doesn’t proof anything.

Reviewing thread. Closing for now.

3 Likes

Ok, so from what I can see in the tickets you created -

1st ticket (Created July 5th), you claim that you were transferring gold between characters. The recipient of the gold was supposed to be your level 120 Pandaren Monk. The 2 sending characters you indicated in your first ticket was:

• Sender1: 120 Night Elf Death Knight: Sent ~3,300 gold
  • Sender2: 120 Human Paladin: Sent ~25,000 gold

When the Game Masters reviewed this claim, they were able to verify that Sender1 did send gold to Recipient and that gold was successfully claimed from the mail.

However, Sender2 had not logged into the game since June 9th. The next time they would log into the account would be on July 6th (after your initial ticket was created).

So the claim that Sender2 had sent gold to Recipient doesn’t seem to line up with the records of Sender2s login activities.

In your second ticket on July 6th, you indicated that you were transferring gold a week or two prior in order to buy heirlooms. However, as I mentioned previously - Sender2 had not been logged in on the account during that time frame.

In your third ticket, on July 8th, you attached a screenshot of a Plain Letter with the text “25000 from, Sender2”. This doesn’t actually serve as proof since you can write anything in these letters that you want. We can only based our ability to offer restorations on what our logs show actually happening in-game.

Unfortunately, due to the amount of time that has passed since the last time Sender2 was logged into the game, we cannot verify if they ever had that amount of gold to send, or if it was sent to the wrong character.

What we can verify is that Recipient logged into the game, and claimed 3,300 gold from the mail. That appears to be the only gold that was waiting for them.

This does not appear to be a case of expired mail, and does not appear to be a case of the game “eating” the gold - that is just not something that happens. Since the Game Master team could not verify the loss you reported within the game logs, they are not going to be able to provide the restoration you are requesting. And since this issue was reviewed multiple times by different Game Masters, as well as a Game Master Supervisor you have been warned against submitting further requests for this restoration. The final answer on this matter has been provided, and further tickets would be considered spam and in violation of the Game Master interaction policy.

I understand that you have an investment in the outcome on this request, and that you believe you recall events happening a certain way. Our inability to assist with this is not based out of spite, but out of policies regarding what can and cannot be verified.

I’m sure you could imagine the types of requests we’d receive if we did not have to support restorations with evidence from the game logs. To be fair to everyone, each restoration request is handled with the same requirements.

Seeing as this request has been reviewed by multiple reps, and a supervisor as well as my own review in order to respond to this thread, I’m going to keep it closed.

29 Likes