[UPDATED NOV 17] Things to Do in the Shadowlands When You're (Mostly) Dead

I, on the other hand, feel no obligation to try to convince or impel others to play as I do.

There are two kinds of people who play MMO’s.

• Those who think they are playing the game right, and people who are playing the game wrong, or for the wrong reason, should be changed.
  • Those who accept that people play for different reasons, have different skillsets, and enjoy different in-game activities.

I would never tell someone who used to enjoy spamming bgs as their end game that they should do rated arenas and join the cheaters and carry-sellers there. But hey. You do you.

7 Likes

Can we get conformation of PVP s4 ending with DF launch and not pre patch?

1 Like

Yeah, good point.

And the gear I’m wearing was never added back in the game too.

I’m just snarky about shadowlands but I do hate the FOMO practices more :confused:

3 Likes

What irks me is that guilds could previously do mythic sylvanas and jailer. But with fated introduced, most can’t even get back to jailer. So guilds that previously could do the content can now no longer do the content in the pre-patch (barring any nerfs)

3 Likes

This part of the article was confusing:

Upon launch, the guaranteed drop rate for Vengeance’s Reins obtained from defeating Mythic Sylvanas and the Fractal Cypher of the Zereth Overseer mount obtained from defeating Mythic Jailer will see a significant decrease. The number of dropped mounts will be reduced to one (currently two).

Is the “significant decrease” that the mounts are going from 2 to 1? Or is it going from 2 to 1 and there’s a “significant decrease” in the drop rate (the usual 1% drop).

Basically, are they going like all previous end-boss mounts or is this something different?

(Looking for official clarification only.)

2 Likes

Unofficially they will work exactly how previous end boss raid mounts worked.

They’ve always ended with prepatch, no reason to change the practice now:

Alot of signs pointing to 12 week season even before the leak announcement.

1 Like

I noticed it was certainly slanted toward raiding and high ilvl.

1 Like

that’s not what the current article in the OP is saying

they have pvp rewards listed under the going away with DF launch tab, not prepatch tab

1 Like

And I am telling you don’t be surprised if that changes to the going away with prepatch starting.

I put a link that stated (as I read) every single final season of an expansion ended when prepatch started. So why deviate protocol now?

So it either ends with prepatch start (12 week season), or it ends with DF launch (16-17 week season). I wouldn’t wait till later if I was in the position wanting rewards.

They did this same thing for the going away notice for shadowlands bluepost by editing it later on.

and that’s why we’re asking for clarifications

because it makes no sense to enable DF talent trees and class changes for a current inprogress season

but this is blizzard, and we are asking for clarifications on if they intend that or not. nothing to do with being surprised. at this point i almost want it to happen just so the dumpster fire can at least be hilarious

1 Like

Haha, gottem!

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how to straw man.

Just err on side of caution to get it done asap. Only issue you’ll have doing is convincing otherwise, friends who always blindly trust news as it’s stated even if it regularly bites them. I have a few issues already telling my guild recently that blizz would continue the fated cycle until otherwise noted. And then just because the first blue post only noted the cycle for the first 6 weeks, they somehow thought all raids would be fated for this week. With the raid lead sort of mothballing last week and making useless schedules this week onwards.

Also note to blizz allow the fated console to turn off affixes.

1 Like

When Shadowlands ends can we blow up Oribos? That way all 5 Zones in the Shadowlands come together like Pangea?

2 Likes

Forcing all raids fated and not being able to turn it off is a huge blow to mount farming groups, Fated difficulty spike is gigantic, this will kill all the groups doing it, except for top guilds selling it.

Please leave a way to turn it off, it shouldva been there from the start, forcing Fated is making me hate this season, I would rather have had the time to relax than being forced to use every last second and it’s honestly getting close to burning out every time they add more trouble to get things done.

1 Like

Ha! Like the ending of Babylon 5 when they destroyed the station.

2 Likes

Seriously with that jelly saber cat, go kick rocks Blizz… making it fomo is such a crappy move.

5 Likes

yeah, but really there’s not much left to do or I want to do anyway - probably wasn’t worth my input :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

" Catch a Fallen Star

Get the We Are All Made of Stars Heroic and Mythic achievements (available on both non-Fated and Fated raids) while you still can. To attain this achievement, gather your allies and defeat Rygelon in Sepulcher of the First Ones while under the effects of Herald of the Cosmos. Everyone must stay alive throughout the encounter, or else the raid fails. But don’t worry! Unlike past Immortal achievements, you can reset the encounter and try again."

LOL pugs can’t do this. Heroic Rygelon is a very messy boss.