[UPDATED] Mage and Paladin Tuning Incoming - July 18

UPDATED 1:45 P.M. PDT Monday, July 17

We’re working on tuning adjustments for two classes: Mage and Paladin

Mage AoE damage is generally trending a little higher than we’re comfortable with after the most recent update. We’re planning to make a few targeted adjustments to Mage AoE spells to bring them down to a more reasonable level. In addition to the AoE adjustments, Fire will be seeing some additional tuning, as Fire single-target damage is also trending higher than intended.

Mage

Fire

• Damage of all abilities reduced by 5%.
  • Flamestrike damage reduced by 6%, and Flamestrike now deals reduced damage beyond 8 targets.
  • Flame Patch damage reduced by 6%, and Flame Patch now deals reduced damage beyond 8 targets.
  • Sun King’s Blessing now causes your next Pyroblast or Flamestrike to deal 260% increased damage (was 275%).

Frost

• Frozen Orb damage reduced by 5%.
  • Blizzard damage reduced by 4%.
  • Comet Storm damage reduced by 5%.
  • Subzero damage to rooted and frozen targets reduced to 5/10%.

Arcane

• Arcane Barrage damage increased by 3%.
  • Resonance increases the damage per target hit by Arcane Barrage by 10% (was 12%).
  • Arcane Explosion damage reduced by 6%.
  • Arcane Orb damage reduced by 8%.

Holy Paladin is overperforming in all content in Fractures of Time. We are targeting a global decrease of healing and damage as we are not looking to change preferred playstyles, but Tyr’s Deliverance will also be receiving additional adjustments as this talent in particular has been more effective than we would like.

Holy Paladins’ mana pools have been more plentiful than we would like in PvP. We’re targeting their base Mana regeneration to encourage player engagement with the variety of mana talents available.

Paladin

Holy

• All healing decreased by 8%.
  • All damage decreased by 12%.
  • Tyr’s Deliverance healing decreased by 15%.
  • PvP
    • Holy Paladins now regenerate 55% less Mana in PvP combat (was 25%).

We intend to make the above changes with scheduled weekly maintenance, on Tuesday, July 18 in this region.

12 Likes

Was fire doing that well?

1 Like

Really? When it was finally decent?

24 Likes

Good nerfs. When’s the augmentation nerfs?

It’s extremely powerful and already becoming mandatory. It adds insane damage, insane utility, insane defensives, insane crowd control, and insane healing that you nerfed from other hybrid specs because dps shouldn’t be doing too much HPS.

12 Likes

You hit fire pretty hard. And poor frost, Just when we were having fun.

31 Likes

Like the combined force of 10,000 Suns.

5 Likes

Bummer, I was hoping to dust off my Mage but it doesn’t look like it.

10 Likes

Something something, oh you nerfed these insanely overpowered specs? Sounds like you hate fun blizzard!!

12 Likes

Hmm…

1 Like

Good, getting the nerf out of the way this quickly is a good touch. Mages, especially fire and frost, are insanely overpowered right now - fire especially is untouchable by anyone, lol.

5 Likes

Blatantly broken specs

“Wow how dare blizzard ruin my fun!”

23 Likes

noooooo, don’t touch frost, first time in the entire expansion i finally was able to have good aoe dps

It’s still significantly lower than shadow priest, nerf SP, it’s mandatory pick for keys, why don’t you nerf them

9 Likes

I thought mages whole identity was AOE and making water!?

Why the nerf?

3 Likes

@Kaivax

So where is the adjustment to Augmentation? These “AOE numbers” you are seeing are ONLY when the mage is buffed by a PI AND Augmentation evoker…

of course they are trending high. The mage has like 6 externals rolling on him during it.

if you take away the evoker and power infusion, AOE numbers really arent that high.

Yall have considered that right? You’re not going to nerf a class into the ground because of what OTHER CLASSES are doing to them right?

If you take away the augmentation and power infusion, what will be left after the nerfs?

I think you need to look at what augmentation is doing before you start gutting the specs its providing buffs to

22 Likes

Fire has the -by far- best aoe, and some of the best single target. Frost has -by far- the best single target, and some of the best AoE. Both specs, mostly fire, were out of control.

4 Likes

its kind of ironic that you want nerfs/possible gutting of augmentation to save your class.
even without those buffs they were still insanely strong. they will still stay insanely strong lol.

6 Likes

At least i got to actually see people playing mages for the first time this xpac lol. was fun while it lasted.

11 Likes

they are not insanely strong without an augment and PI buffing them. they are down right mediocre without them. Not sure what data you’re looking at. The memes on twitter/reddit are not relevant data

8 Likes

What a copium. How exactly are augmentation evoker buffs supposed to benefit just Fire Mage more than any other spec? The haste that is not a thing?

1 Like

our fire mage in raid was doing insane amount of numbers without PI and with random crit buffs from aug. i think yall will be fine lol
plus, isn’t crit bad for fire?