[UPDATED JUNE 24] Preserved Contaminants and Legendary Cloak Updates

Then very few people would stick around.

1 Like

When does the 2 page per quest go live? Because im still requiring 4 pages for my quest.

1 Like

Can they like actually update this? Still showing 4 pages needed.

2 Likes

I was confused too by my quest to go from Rank 9 to 10. This the response I got.

Absolutely agree: a total fabrication, thanks Blizz. I started with 4 vessels, rank 7 cloak an hour ago. Got to rank 9…1 vessel left, 2/4 pages and cannot turn in.

2 Likes

See my post above. I think the article is just poorly written.

2 Likes

time gating catch up mechanics lol! when the sub numbers start dropping some more, that’s when they will remove the malefic cap.

1 Like

At this point if you don’t have your cloak at max there is no reason to keep trying. You can never get it there before Shadowlands. It just became another reason not to play BFA and it’s a shame.

4 Likes

I am sure they will enable a catch up like this a week before Shadowlands launch. Reminds me of Legion legendary currency all over again.

2 Likes

“so you can power up your cloak even faster than before.”
^ The cost of vessels is completely useless for leveling your cloak. If you have a low rank cloak, you’re either a new toon who needs to spend echoes on contaminants (which cost more than you can get in 1 rotation) OR you’re spending it all on essences which also cost entirely too much.

That sentance is a complete lie. It’s only there for people who carry and don’t need anything with echoes. Too many important things hinge on Echoes and they cost WAYYY to much.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for clearing that up ! Was waiting to use my vessels

The requirements for further minor upgrades to the cloak after Rank 15 with Malefic Cores have not been changed.

why though? like really why though? it doesnt change the time frame set up already it just helps alts and main swaps. you’ve done so much in the name of alts this patch and yet you keep holding on to these pointless time sinks. disappointing man

1 Like

this is my issue is i been gone for a bit and i cant even catch up… pretty much am unsubing yet again. it’s pointless for me to waste the time to catch up cause SL is months away… its honestly sad. i aint going even bother trying gear up to 445 just to even beable to run visions either as ATM getting 2 tapped by non elites on a alt who’s 410 is kinda sad.

i kinda do not even wanna play this game ever again…might just go play classic where atleast this crap does not exist…

1 Like

ya…just returned and noticed that kinda sad Warpstone but oh well. blizzard is a utter joke this expansion.

1 Like

Between an arbitrary rotation on vendor corruptions. And the lack of catchup available after rank 15 cloak, I find myself doing the bare minimum in game now.
I log in long enough to do an emissary on my main and log off to do stuff irl.
I have several toons that I would love to dust off and get through some of 8.3, but knowing I will have to time my weekly corruption purchases and still be weeks behind the curve for… well months now… nah
I would rather just find something better to do with my time.

3 Likes

I beg to differ and I have to say you’re wrong on this point. My druid is 2 malefic cores behind and I have just as much fun playing that character as I do this one. Additionally, I fail to see what difference it’s going to make for Shadowlands anyway.

This is Blizzard’s way of making meaningless content last longer than it should because they’re too lazy to come up with new innovative and captivating ways to have a fun lasting experience.

2 Likes

When does this go live?

What I don’t understand is why they make the systems stupid to begin with, then open it up and obliterate it within the span of a patch? Just make it like this to begin with.

Perhaps that is a misquote, but I don’t think the current time to get up and running is in any way a good thing; only that blizzard seems to think it is.

1 Like