Update : 58 boost (huge changes)

Maybe. Logically, you can be either right or wrong.

If you’re right, look at you, clever boy, called it early.

If you’re wrong, you’ll claim it was only because of all the people complaining about the boost, that Blizzard clearly wanted to, but couldn’t. You still look like a clever boy that called it.

Kinda feels like you should just claim the slipperiest slope possible is going to happen every time, whether it’s likely or not. After all, if anyone disagrees, they are a naive fool that can’t see what is clearly going on- even if they end up being right in the end.

Best comment I read about this:

"Why not just let them figure it out for themselves. Everyone else did.”

1 Like

Why should they have to just because others did? Do you also support archaic hazing because, “we had to”?

Good. I tested on beta, it looks really good.

“Its not a slippery slope”

1 Like

Been there. Done that.
4 times in true Vanilla.
2 times in true TBC.

3 times in Classic.
Only doing 1 Blood Elf Paladin in Classic BC.

You can’t dictate if I choose the level from the beginning again. I’ll gladly skip it this time around and buy a boost.

I currently have 2 level 60 toons, lower level alts at 31, 23 and 13. If I bought a boost, what content would I be missing?

What introduction would I need?

1 Like

people who make statements like “anyone who does x is x” is a mental baby.

So the boost can only be used when TBC launches not during pre-patch? Just sounds like it when it says they will start you at the dark portal at the end. Kind of wanted it during pre-patch so i can already get them ready with professions and such.

The dark portal is already there, you just can’t go through it :stuck_out_tongue:

You have any proof for this statement?

1 Like

So we “Should” be able to do this in pre-patch? (I hope lol I want my rouge and hunter going into TBC togather)

I love how people are acting like a one-time level 58 boost is some kind of irreparable blow to TBC that ruins it forever

You people are just looking for things to whine about at this point

:popcorn:

1 Like

Retail has been designed with that in mind though. Its 90% about end game while the 2 first xpac’s were more like 50% about end game.

And it shows. When advocates for live WoW argue its merits what do they bring up? Raids and M+. To me, it is a mystery to play an old version of the game that is mostly better because of its world and levelling experience, and then pay to skip it for the raids.

2 Likes

So don’t skip it if you don’t want to? Blizzard isn’t taking it away.

That’s the same argument for cash shop purchases and we all know its not that simple in a mmo. Even cosmetics have some effect on the community.

Here, I think it will be a much bigger effect than many believe. Giving gold farmers the ability to start up again when they’re banned will likely increase 3rd party selling. More bots, more inflation, and so on.

Less level boosting, sure. However, I’m on a medium size server and there are still quite a few low level characters out in the world. Its a bit trickier to get a dungeon group, but keeping an eye on lfg, I have been able to complete most of them. And the legit lfg/lfm ad’s are 2 or 3 times as many as the boost ad’s. In spite of what people say on the forums, it looks like most people don’t pay for boosts in Classic.

3 Likes

What exactly are they “Developing” for a re-release of a 15 year old game?

1 Like

Not to mention that adding quests has to be the most streamlined process at Blizzard. After all, questing is the most common task in the game

Years away, if ever.

Can I boost a character I have already been levelling?