Update : 58 boost (huge changes)

https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/new-boosted-character-experience-for-burning-crusade-classic-321731
5 Likes

this has got to be a joke.

27 Likes

…Huh. That’s certainly a thing.

Huh. Kinda neat. I’m glad they don’t just throw the boosted characters to the wolves and instead nudge them in the right direction.

5 Likes

And there we go it sounds like they won’t even be in dungeon blues, greens it is.

3 Likes

Pretty neat idea for the concept of a Boost.

It seems like they won’t be getting dungeon blues either as previously stated.

Another thing worth noting is that after you’ve completed this new quest chain, you are directed to the dark portal which to me reads as the boosts not being available when pre patch hits but more likely on the actual launch day.

1 Like

Could be, I think it may be more likely that the quest just sits in our logs until launch though.

1 Like

… Have none of you guys used a boost in retail before?

There’s always a tutorial section like this. Even the original WoD one had one.

11 Likes

This shows that Blizz has made the final decision on boosts.

13 Likes

Honestly. All this quest chain does is introduce retail players to the concepts of talent points and buying skills at a trainer. It’s entirely harmless. Anyone who thinks this is “too much” is just a big baby

9 Likes

I mean, the blizzcon announcement showed they made the final decision on boosts.

Anyone who thought differently was in denial. You don’t do a huge press event like that and go OOPS JUST KIDDING later, unless literally everyone hates the idea.

And the people who don’t like this never had the numbers. I’ve seen what kind of outcry you need, this ain’t it chief.

19 Likes

This is what they put development time into?

17 Likes

Good. /Ten characters

5 Likes

My point was, this should be the end of the debates on the forum. A lot of people believed that they could change Activision/Blizzard’s minds. And to be fair, an announcement costs nothing and can be a way to find community reactions. And in fact, they have changed things after announcing them at Blizzcon.

But this shows they have put development resources into it. There is great support for boosts and they won’t change their minds now.

3 Likes
30 Likes

You act like there is CGI, special effects, and voice acting. I hate the idea of boosts but complaining about a light tutorial which could generally help someone is overreacting.

This is the moment the antiboost movement went too far and is now in clown world.

14 Likes

I mean you say that.

But I don’t think they will stop.

So just like any other boost? Not a shocker.

2 Likes

TBC is going to be an absolute dumpster fire.

11 Likes

cool but where’s F R E S H?

5 Likes