Update : 58 boost (huge changes)

It’s not unintentional word choice. As quickly as the items may be getting replaced, they’re getting items that are better than what some players who are already level 60 have. That’s the entire intent of me including that.

2 Likes

I think the tutorial is a great idea for those who are going to boost. And for those who already know their class, well you get an extremely quick 1.5 levels of xp. It is win/win.

Ok, cool.

Then I will mock you for thinking that getting the weapon from the boost instead of in 10 minutes from questing is somehow important.

Thank you for clarifying and displaying the depth of your point. A boost that saves 5 days of levelling is somehow worse because it saves an additional 10 minutes of questing.

The boosters will have the terrible advantage of being able to vendor 1 additional quest reward. Truly awful.

2 Likes

https://www.darklegacycomics.com/77

You can choose to argue that this is because I’m against the boost however much you want, but the point I’m trying to make is that there are casual players who did choose to level to 60, put in the hours and dabble around in some MC, ZG, BWL, maybe even some AQ20 and someone that uses a 58 boost starts with better gear than they have whether it’s relevant or not and that’s just factual regardless of how petty you want to make it out to be.

Is it factual, though?

Care to look at the rest of the gear, and not just the weapon?

I think ZG players have much better gear, wouldn’t you say? Let alone MC/BWL/AQ20.

1 Like

And what’s also factual is all of that will be replaced in HFP anyways.

1 Like

I don’t really care. It’s pretty good for returning players, and for players that are unfamiliar with TBC. Even in Classic we had a lot of people utterly lost, and it’d only get worse if they boost.

3 Likes

I chose to hit 60 my first time through before going through The Dark Portal. I had quest greens and a few dungeon blues. Yeah, I got rocked (though I leveled holy) in Hellfire.

Thanks I was actually looking for a video that showed off the gear and not just the weapon for the past couple hours. You’re absolutely right, aside from the weapon the rest of the gear that you get from the boost appears to be extremely mediocre.

And yes you’re absolutely right Ziryus, that is also factual.

2 Likes

Well, thank you for being polite when disproven. That’s admirable and much rarer than it should be.

Have yourself a good day !

3 Likes

You like what they’ve done with TBC huh? Does this make you happy?

every day, my love for wow wanes…

2 Likes

Yes. Boosts good. Greed good. Rampant sheep’s good. Integrity bad.

Highland, I don’t like the boost but your constant negative replies and posts must be depressing for you to keep doing daily

I feel u /silly blizz

Literally any other game :arrow_right:

Don’t be hypocritical. I troll just like you.

1 Like

Yes everything seems pretty good so far.

We’re getting TBC. It will be pretty much how it was. The only change that seems questionable is drums which was going to be a bad situation either way and is still in progress.

Everything else about it sounds good, guild banks from the start, raids unnerfed outside of bug fixes, arena teams working a little better.

1 Like

All of the doomer posts about the boost existing at the point are just kind of odd at this point. I have a couple very specific qualms with the details of the boost that I noted earlier but the boost is happening whether you want one to exist or not.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, if you’re still so strongly against it at this point you’re probably better off trying to get their attention in opening a fresh server or two.

1 Like