Update : 58 boost (huge changes)

This statement is entire opinion. The hilarious part is, its a wrong opinion. Wonder what its like to be so ignorant as our forum users.

1 Like

The boost included with the expansion is usable the second you get it. This may be MONTHS before launch.

I do hope these are in Prepatch, would rather be 60 before launch.

1 Like

I disagree. I am for the boosts. If there were legitimately some way blizzard could 100% ensure that only their target demographic were able to boost and there is 100% no chance bots could ever benefit from the boost I would have no issues with it.

But we all know just how proactive blizzard is with bots so that is why I am requesting classic no boost/cash shop servers. I feel this more accurately “resolves” the issue. Will it be perfect? No. Will I have to give up my months worth of play time and investment to play there? Yeah (ouch). But it is worth it IMO and I would in a heart-beat.

You know what else is a good introduction to how the game works?

Leveling from the beginning.

7 Likes

The things there’s bots in classic and there’s no boost now, there will be bots in TBC Classic regardless of boosts.

The issue is blizzard’s enforcement not boosts.

I know plenty of people who leveled from the beginning that I am not convinced know how this game works.

1 Like

I bet they smell bad, too!

1 Like

And you think these quests will help these people?

1 Like

You are not wrong. However, I feel fresh servers will still be the answer - here’s why:

It is my personal belief that fresh TBC servers without boosts and without a cash shop will be something akin to a resolution to the botting issue. Not for everyone, mind you, but for those of us who would like a fresh start, or those of us who are willing to give up our time investment to have a shot at a better server. Better how? Read on.

Will bots not be present? What a foolish thought! Bots will definitely be there, if anything there will be more than on the current servers as the market will be fresh and untapped - they could charge more for the gold!

However, many of the people who have already bought gold are vested in the servers they are currently playing on and therefore are less likely to leave where they are presently. Sure there are some that may be so stinking rich that the idea of being vested after spending hundreds or more is absurd to them, so they may come over but it is a smaller percentage of the players.

Also, and more importantly, the community itself is built of a different style of player. The community of these fresh servers that want no boosts are built with players who are willing to give up everything they have earned - all that time investment and start entirely over from scratch to help alleviate (not even entirely resolve) the issue.

The community; therefore, will be less receptive to dungeon boosting mages, buying gold, and seeing bots roaming the wild. There will be people on the ground at lower levels so spotting the bots would be more likely. The bots that are spotted would be more likely to be reported because the players here would be less likely to just shrug and walk on. We are the players who are sick of it. We’d be more likely to report the bots and more likely to kill them.

Blizzard does take action against bots - some of them, anyway… Most likely those who have the greatest amount of reports. As players on this server are sick of bots they will be reporting them more frequently. Therefore the bots will likely/hopefully have an ocean of reports before they can go slink away into BRD or get high enough to do terribly large amounts of damage.

Finally, as I said the community itself would be less likely to buy gold. If no one buys gold then the bots make no money and eventually the problem solves itself. Do I feel like no one would buy gold? Man, that would be great. What an ideal world. But unfortunately no. I am a cynic. There will likely be some who do. But I expect they would be fewer as the community here would not foster as well to them.

Entirely missing the point. They announced it was a 58 boost and then a couple months after the announcement they’re like “Actually it’s 58.75, with full rested xp, with a weapon that’s better than what you can get out of MC.”

Yes, it’s their game and they can keep doing whatever they want. But as long as they keep prioritizing making an extra dollar over creating experiences for players they’ll continue to bleed consumers. Just look at how far 9.1 has been pushed back on retail.

2 Likes

It’d probably help that one guy I met back in the day who managed to get to level 60 without knowing what talents were.

Really though, playing the game teaches people how to play it regardless of if they start at level 1 or at level 58. This is just a 2 minute tutorial to show you the basics, not something that is teaching you how to fully play the game.

1 Like

And quitting at level 30-40 because of how bland leveling in vanilla is.

1 Like

they gold too might as well give him a few thousand gold while at it.

But it takes weeks of play time for a mage to figure out how to spam frost bolt…

3 Likes

Winning

Serious question- did you play TBC the first time?

You’re acting like this is a crazy jump above a regular level 58 outlands green. It’s really not.

2 Likes

That’s entirely unfair.

They also have to cast Arcane Brilliance before the pull.

1 Like

I did. Outlands greens from leveling trump most gear that 60s are currently working with the exception of T3, some Naxx accessories and special items like Atiesh.

I’m not acting like it’s a “crazy jump”, I’m just stating the facts.

I mean, the way you’re phrasing it you’re acting like it’s a crazy amount of power to come with the boosted character, rather than just on par with the greens for that level.

Like, you could easily say “weapon on par with green quest rewards in HFP” but you choose to say “Better weapon than MC”.

I don’t think it’s an unintentional word choice. You’re kind of painting a basline TBC problem (stat inflation replacing raid items quickly) as a problem with the boost.

2 Likes

Yeah, I will never forget that first experience of getting a piece of green gear that put one of my Epics to shame with the stats. I had to stare at it for quite some time thinking I was missing something. Ah, expansion gear… Making Epic raiding gear obsolete since the original TBC! :smiley:

And I imagine that Blizzard had to put in a bit more effort for this boost then they had to for the original in Warlords of Draenor. They had stripped out most of the RPG elements of the game by that point and I imagine it was a bit easier to create a boost without having to worry about ammunition, skill levels, actual talent points, etc. I think it will help the Retail tourists understand the game a bit better before they head out into Outland.

Can you imagine coming from Retail and not understanding why your skills are not automatically getting better as you level? :rofl: I think the tutorial will be quite helpful for them.

Thanks.

2 Likes