[Update 10/3] Character Restoration Now Available

Never deleted a gnome. Never made a gnome either. Ugh.

1 Like

Not this time around, anyway.

They just don’t appeal to me. Idk.

I can’t bring myself to delete any Characters above 20. I put a lot of work in them and it is like deleting time if I trash a Character. Time is a valuable resource. :mantelpiece_clock:

At some point it would be cool to buy Delete immunity. Like add a feature to forever preserve a character. Like for 20-30 dollars you can buy a remove delete button or have it greyed out from a Character to forever preserve it.

A couple years behind I actually had a conversation with a GM about this very topic and when inquired why they would not actually allow us to do so, it come down to:

“Players may regret this choice and should therefore have access to the characters in case they wish to undo this.” (I’d pressed if it was a matter of code / time or technology).

Either way, I too would love a way to clear the box, especially because level 49 is the point of no return if you want them to fade into obscurity forever. C’mon Blizzard, just once even!

1 Like

Brave words for someone hiding their own hair …

That’s perfectly fine. This time around, that’s the way it is.

I usually delete Tauren. Why? Cause I literally cannot see anything past them on my screen

Gnomes opposite story. It’s like losing the mouse cursor

:ocean: :crab: :ocean: :crab:

5 Likes

For the Tauren, I guess the thinking is why would you want to see anything else? They’re the game now

2 Likes

I suppose if I wanted to play dress and makeup Tauren style. Beard braiding. Horn painting. Nose ring polishing

It’s actually the new limited time event

1 Like

So much this. Ive wanted this for years.

I have a deleted character I made when I was maybe 11 years old called Herobrine… :joy: it makes me cringe everytime, and its a dk so its still stuck there!

One TAB is the rest are fine. :person_facepalming: :rofl:

1 Like

Also can Blizz allow us to bypass mail and delete toons? Or send it to an Account holding bank? That would be great.

So now is not the time to rage quit and delete all my toons.

2 Likes

I forgot about that awesome gif

:rofl:

2 Likes

Looking forward to the warband feature and I don’t care about the side effect or it’s consequences when implementing it.

What made the sig change?

Retired the dragons for DF. Bring on the TWW crabs. Bread was happy about it. I think? :rofl:

:crab: :ocean: :crab: :ocean:

1 Like

You can’t restore deleted characters if the their name is taken. You forfeit the name when you delete and I have characters I can no longer restore, because I forfeited those names when I deleted them.

Perma delete needs to be a thing and wish Blizzard would realize it.

1 Like

I’ve restored character before whose names had been taken by someone else. It just prompts you to give them a name change (for free) when you try to login to them…

1 Like