Upcoming Content Unlocks for WoW Classic

NOICE. Seems you guys are totally on track to announce BC servers @blizzcon! Looking forward to such a confirmation.

My main concern is that this ‘museum piece’ has always literally felt like just a time killer to draw in people for shadowlands because WoW has taken a solid sub hit over the years compared to LK/Early Cata. In business terms hitting peak potential subs and then declining is viewed as some absolutely horrible thing and means that the game is dying/needs to be changed/put on life support.

There’s still a metric ton of bugs riddled through classic as a whole that were never before seen and i think most have literally been ignored as well, this is most likely because of the minimal dev team/time given to make sure everything feels good. Classic was promoted as this thing that was going to emulate the vanilla experience but it really has failed to do so because of the way things are designed.

There is all kinds of goofy interactions that are in classic that were not in vanilla. some of these are because of how the server ‘times’ itself (looking at you energy resource and the inability to mount/use outdoor forms right out front of a building) while others are because the port uses new systems that do not fit in at all with how classic was supposed to be, such as the use of a fully fledged cross realm mechanic instead of a battle group one for RBGs that leads to literally PvP in those places to feel terrible.

I love classic, but I hate that Actiblizz has literally used it as a sub boosting cash-pinata instead of treating it with the respect it deserves. I mean come on classic is going to have a roughly 1.5 year life span in comparison to the full 2 years that vanilla ran for and when people say its rushed you have others saying its not. It is in fact rushed as a whole and there really should not be any contesting to this.

This feeling of being rushed to me instead seems awfully calculated to ensure that ‘classic’ ends right around the time ‘Shadowlands’ releases so that you can maximize potential bleed-over instead of making the ‘museum piece’ the best it could be shrug but what do i know

4 Likes

I think this is exactly what they’re trying to do. Pull people in with classic and wrap it up just in time for Shadowlands.

2 Likes

You still suck
Destroyed “classic” already. So just throw a dog a bone

That! Exactly

Woot! Can’t wait.

Is 15 man premades possible with the launch??

Good /10 char

I mean, how long will it take for people to fully gear from naxx? A lot longer than when shadowlands gets released. Also considering playing a fully geared naxx toon to a “reset to zero yet again” toon in shadowlands, i’ll probably just stick to raiding naxx until the tbc patch comes out.

1 Like

Does the STV fishing tournament drop the same day ZG opens?

1 Like

Kaivax, thanks for the info in the release of AB and ZG, but there’s some other content missing from this update. Back when ZG and AB were released in 2005 the STV Fishing Extravaganza was also released with it. Therefore I was expecting it to come in Phase 4, but I don’t see it mentioned. Can we get some clarification that the STV Fishing Extravaganza will or will not be released on March 10? Thank you for your time.

My exact question. My Twink needs his hat

No
 :wink:

I’m assuming it’ll be in the April launch.

The fishing event was part of Patch 1.7, which they’re splitting up. AB on March 10, ZG in April and then Patch 1.8, Nightmare Dragons, sometime in April as well. I can only assume since they only mentioned AB for March 10 that the event will be part of the April roll out instead.

Getting all the gear from naxx is a literal afterthought for most people I think. When you rationalize it out. Outside of the prestige from raiding naxx40 successfully there is nothing left of the game in terms of non social game play.

Think about it, after Naxx40 is done is there any real point to progressing? You have completed all content, there’s literally nothing left to accomplish. Can we do it again? Sure we can go through Naxx40 and all again but we know there will be a gear reset in the future so there is ‘no point’.

Stomp noobs? yes tons of fun for the raider and absolute hot garbage for the casual, getting 2 shot is not fun unless you can also 2 shot or at least have your skill allow you to overcome said gear differences. Unfortunately eventually gear > skill in an MMO.

Your complaint about a reset to zero type thing then is literally followed up by saying you are waiting for TBC to launch
 isn’t that exactly the same thing? You level up again and go back to zero when you start raiding again. Outside of fringe gear, everything is replaced after the first raid in TBC.

the biggest point you are missing is that T3 from naxx looks pretty amazing on most classes (sorry paladins) and that is the real end game.

also you actually use quite a few pieces of naxx gear even into level 70 dungeons/starting raids. besides, tbc was just more fun than what the current blizzard is putting into wow these days.

1 Like

Your speaking of literal social aspects of the game at that point which again I said that . If a game failing outside of the social aspect you will still see a degradation of server population because you need both to make a healthy MMO.

I also said that outside of fringe gear you replace everything after the first TBC raid. I raided back then. Our Naxx40 guild had everything except a few weapons and some specific pcs

You can get into MC at like level 55 and get geared in mostly purples within a couple weeks. Nothing rushed about it.

Wait, what do you mean? The new patch makes it so you can’t wear PvP gear if you lose the rank or something?

I can understand the want to improve current situation with pvp. But there is no reason to push out raid content earlier. It makes acquiring gear less impact-full as it is quickly replaced.