Unprunning was a bad idea

Aight. I guess if you’re cool with one more GCD being eaten up each and every combat. I don’t like being buried under 6 seconds of GCD before I even begin to deal damage, but that’s cool if you do.

1 Like

In your mind are you doing 100% of your dps without it and 105% with it up or 95% if your dps without it and 100% with it up?

Knowing people can view it both ways with the same exact damage output.

It’s also a skill cap aspect on knowing when it’s worth applying on PvP target swaps and multi target PvE situations.

Unless it has changed, Hunter’s Mark stayed up for along time and it didn’t put your character into combat. I’m not seeing the issue.

4 Likes

It works exactly like that on beta.

Infinite duration and doesn’t put you in combat.

1 Like

Good, they went with the newest version before it was removed.

1 Like

Realistically it’s going to be 100% with, 95% without. That’s how Blizzard balances. There might be adds where it’s not worth putting it up, but it’s a chore vs meaningful gameplay.

Honestly, if Blizzard wanted to bring it back, it should be a rebuff that one of Hunter’s abilities puts on the target. THAT actually changes the rotation meaningfully, without bloating for bloat’s sake.

2 Likes

I am worried about it. Beast Mastery typically has just the right amount of abilities for me to use (in BFA this includes Azerite abilities) comfortably.

I quit Final Fantasy XIV because it had too many buttons for my dumb little hands.

If the abilities are flavor ones that can be clicked because they’re non rotational and non-emergency or simply not routine (eyes of the beast) then that’s fine though.

Well, more than reducing the amount of abilities so we don’t have 25-30+ keybinds, i’d say it’s time for the playerbase to learn and devs to make it obvious that you don’t need to keybind ALL of your abilities…
Don’t do PvP?, there’s absolutely no need to keybind a slow.
My preference would be to have 30 to 40 or more abilities but you can only “equip” 10-15 on your characters. It’s more complicated than it sounds, but that’s just a top-of-the-head idea.

95% vs 105% is a matter of perspective.

And it’s a skill cap choice for multi target and PvP target swapping.

Speaking only for myself, I mind. One of the reasons why I play mistweaver is its relatively tight, efficient heal package. Mistweaver is at the top end of the number of keybinds I want in an MMO, and resto druid/shaman are obviously much higher.

More buttons doesn’t mean better gameplay.

1 Like

Logging into PTR the unpruning still strikes me as missing the point by Blizzard.

My Survival Hunter has Arcane Shot now. Okay, a ranged attack could be useful even if it’s weak. Except I can’t use it without having a ranged weapon equipped, making the spell literally useless to me.

Rather than “this is a niche spell. You wont often use it and that’s okay” like many pruned spells used to be, it feels like in many cases what they added back are the spells that you will never use that might as well not be on your bar.

Some stuff is nice. I like that my Resto Shaman has shield spells again, but a lot of this unpruning is on abilities that aren’t going to help our characters feel more fleshed out in classes.

Here you go:

Also, I disagree that the ability economy of DH is the ONE thing that makes it popular. I’m sure that’s one factor, but here are some other things to consider:

1. Double Jump
  2. Shock and Awe visual spectacle
  3. Lore

And most importantly:

1. Low skill required for passable results
5 Likes

And warlock players are used to managing dots. It’s kind of what we do.

3 Likes

playing on the beta they gave arms the bare bones tank spells.

I put mine on a sidebar so I could equip a shield if I ever need to.

its a lot like vanilla, the spells are there for situational use.

1 Like

Eww gross. Other games like Eso, GW2, and Wildstar all take that approach and each and every one is super boring in the long term. “Maining” a class where you’re skill capped by having such few abilities just doesn’t work for me.

WoW has also NEVER been a game where we have been forced to use limited action sets. If they ever made that change it’s an instant “nope” from me. You like limited action sets THAT much - you have other options in the genre to choose from.

1 Like

Ok, you got me to chuckle on the repurposing of the 640k Ram statement…

Its the whole problem with them. DHs get these results from having an overloaded kit. None of their abilities just does one thing without passively doing another or more. Its not something that’s common for most other classes.

For the complaints about Hunter’s Mark, i personally don’t mind it, I think ramp up is needed to some extent for every classes, specially ranged. That’s always been one of the Blizzard’s struggle with MM Hunters, they’re meant to be bursty long ranged characters by design, its part of their fantasy, but with 0 ramp up it means they have to balance them around near perfect execution numbers wise because they don’t suffer from DPS loss from having to ramp their damage and nearly never lose uptime on the bosses. If Blizzard give them margin for errors in their rotation, they become overpowered instantly (which isn’t really something that Blizzard ever fell for as its a very easy problem to spot).

1 Like

So keep playing your 2 button class. I enjoy utility spells.

1 Like

Things like this aren’t difficult. They are tedious. You think its balanced that some classes have to spend a global to apply their buff/ debuff and others don’t? LoL.

This. Some classes got useless un-prune. What is my fury warrior supposed to do with slam?

Its called weapon swap macros.

I don’t think Survival is in a finished state though. At least i really hope its not.

If Blizzard do their maths right and actually take into account borrowed power when balancing spells/talents this time around, it should even out on average, yes.