Unpopular WRA Opinions

I am not a huge fan of people who mention real life foods in RP. For example, pizza, coffee, etc. Now if those exist in the lore and I have missed them, then I will admit I am wrong, but if they aren’t in lore it kind of bothers me when people bring them up.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=120150/blackrock-coffee

5 Likes
2 Likes

Oh nice! Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I had no idea. I change my opinion then.

3 Likes

https://www.wowhead.com/item=33042/black-coffee
https://www.wowhead.com/item=120150/blackrock-coffee

This is why it’s pointless combing over peoples’ RP for mistakes you can drone on about.

(Not that you did, Dar. Just as a general rule. Warcraft lore has enough silliness that you can explain about anything.)

2 Likes

A lot of “modern, real life” stuff exists in WoW in some form.

Cars, modern slang (like “dude”), modern food, etc. The only thing “medieval” about WoW at this point is that (some) humans live in castles.

3 Likes

Agreed. I am glad you guys gave me examples of those in the lore. I really appreciate it because I was wrong and I won’t make that mistake in the future. :+1:

5 Likes

Humility is a refreshing trait on the internet. You’re a good dog pat pat.

Also it wasn’t a huge mistake, if you hadn’t seen those items, I understanding thinking it seems outlandish :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Oh, another thing WoW has: soda. Just… modern soda.

4 Likes

Vulpera are terrible and I hate them.

5 Likes

I’d like to have a Vulperian Tail cape.

Here’s my unpopular opinion:

The Alliance extermination squad setting the vulpera on fire was just another example of the Alliance going out of their way to help the Horde.

They were trying to save the Horde. They were trying to save all of us from…

The Yiffening

6 Likes

Seriously. We kill the Vulpera and get rid of their lame King and they still resent us for it.

2 Likes

This is a problem I had in my early experience with RP, which unfortunately shaped my opinions on RP poorly. It took some time to get outta that rut but now I just embrace the weird.

I also run with a canon and non-canon rule for my characters.

Oh that night of silly wacky RP with Versca turning into a giant crab monster and then setting a bunch of buildings on fire? Definitely not Versca canon despite RPing it out with people. It’s more for me to just have fun because I like having fun over OH NOES MUH LORE.

5 Likes

Xins just like to steal my hat Angry face. :stuck_out_tongue:

Look, the Vulpera, Pandaren and Tauren all were atleast born as what they are.

Your worgen in that little corner of the character creation screen are the humans that are pretending to be dogs, now!

They’re the real “furries”, here!

3 Likes

I don’t think that Rogues have ever been OP.

1 Like

Until Legion, I think the power of rogues was totally justified, because you actually had to be skilled to get the best of a good opponent, especially as subtlety.

Then Legion and BFA happened, where now you can just shadow dance everything, smash your face on the keyboard, and win.

Based heavily upon some PvP quest-text and some RL shenanigans with facial recognition technology not working on certain ethnicities, I headcanon that most folks, regardless of faction, can’t tell two Pandaren apart without magical aid or another Pandaren helping them.

As such, the Shado-Pan is freely able to keep tabs on both the Horde and the Alliance simply by stepping into a cubicle, replacing their tabard and simply walking in through the front gate.

It is also how the leaders of the Huojin and Tushi keep in contact. They literally just walk into each other’s capitals and the Guards and Grunts just keep their mouths shut to avoid being accused of being racists for saying all Pandaren look alike.

Everybody knows it is happening, but nobody wants to be the one to admit it and then get deluged with abuse for their ‘closed minds’.

6 Likes