Unpopular WRA Opinions

Seconding. In the earlier days of wow, the aesthetic of spells and armor tailored for warlocks was heavily, “This could be demons or zambonies.” To further this, there’s still a strong trend to have necromancer enemies wear warlock gear. They used to have Death Coil even!

But to the topic:

I love the way the Light and Void are developing.

The only way to sweeten this more is to show some Void stuff not being purely evil and the cake is done. More amoral cosmic forces, please. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

oh no, i mean i’m in the cool kids club now :sunglasses:

People should RP what they like within reason. The lore is dumb and bad; and strictly adhering to something so sparsely and poory-written is silly. Enjoy yourselves.

6 Likes

I agree. I wouldn’t call the lore dumb though. In my opinion it’s engaging while still being flexible enough for creativity which is awesome.

1 Like

The Lore is cool.

The Story is bad.

13 Likes

Conversations of war crimes are stupid in the context of WoW. Outside of seeing who has the least focus on human morals.

Alignment doesn’t exist in WoW. It’s not like D&D where Law, Chaos, Neutral, Good, and Evil are tangible concepts that have their own realms and planes. (And Chaotic Neutral/Evil are the worst alignments.)

Sylvanas was never a ‘strong female character.’ She was just an amoral psycho.

Edit: A word.

7 Likes

Nobody can find me because I haven’t logged on in like three weeks.

I’m on the case, officer! :policewoman:

I have a friend who HATES the stuttering thing. Made him tolerate it by telling him to read it in a Morty voice.

1 Like

This is what bothered me about the Garrosh trials.

The current modern concept of police, justice and innocent until proven guilty are all a fairly new modern American concept. Through out history the process of dealing with crime varied depending on the time period and cultures. So for there to be Garrosh trials plucked out of a US law and order episode felt incredibly out of place in a world like Azeroth. Just comes like another poorly conceived amateur hour writing piece found on /r/worldbuilding.

Also Garrosh should have had a warriors death in SoO. Which would mean no WoD, so Legion would have happened sooner and we would be done with BfA and onto the next hopefully better expansion LOL

2 Likes

That would be exactly what he wanted though, and he got it in WoD.

No, he should have just been stuck in a cage and left to rot away, remembered by no one.

2 Likes

I don’t like Tyrande and I don’t like Malfurian.

I don’t like how everyone who plays a demon hunter or a death knight is automatically an edge lord. I purposefully don’t play them like that to break the stereotype.

1 Like

I don’t much care for Demon Hunters and their “I’ve sacrificed everything, what have you given attitude.” so I can’t really speak for them, but as far as Death Knights go I agree they don’t have to be an edge lord however they aren’t going to jumping around smiling and be all sunshine and rainbows.

Death Knights can feel emotions they are just dulled, and the negative ones are stronger, that doesn’t mean they can’t feel happiness and are all doom and gloom all the time. I think of Death Knights as just being more the reserved quiet type, who of course has to inflict pain and suffering.

I die a little inside when I see an IC Death Knight or Illidari trying to be a normal person.

I’m sure some will argue for it, but it just seems like they would be too far gone to ever be “normal” again, at that point, due to their nature.

It’s not the norm, but it can happen. We have evidence of this in-game, of both Death Knight and Undead in general not being gloom and doom, edge lords who only feel negative emotions.

Granted, I am not saying they are running around smiling and being cheery, that’s a bit much.

4 Likes

Sure, just recently the brawlers guild gave us that one dk lady on the blimp. Still, she seemed far from just a ‘normal citizen with nothing special about them’, which is what I mainly refer to.

You can reintegrate into society, but your days of living your past life are pretty much over. For better or worse.

1 Like

Oh! Yeah 100% agree with that.

Like Death Knights can be civil, if not a bit cold (pun intended), but they weren’t just going, “Welp, Arthas is dead. Back to my old life.” That is virtually impossible. I do think they may find other ways to pass their time, like become a bounty hunter or something where they spend there life traveling and hunting down bounties. But living a “normal” life, coming home to a spouse, etc is out of the question basically.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s like, you’re still an undead abomination that risks insanity if you don’t kill something and are constantly compelled to murder, or for the Illidari, sharing your body with a demon’s soul that probably isn’t happy about that whole “eating it’s heart” thing.

So yeah, one of those small things that bugs me. Not sure if it’s a popular thought, though.

A lot of things depend on individual character motivations to be honest. Death Knights and Demon Hunters are individuals still, and particularly in the case of demon hunters - they’re actually less mentally confused than the average shadow priest in terms of the amount of voices in their head.

Personally, with my DK, she’s trying her absolute best to view the world as she did when she was a paladin - right down to trying to live her life according to the three virtues of the Light (Respect, tenacity and compassion). That’s her individual character perspective - her purpose went beyond killing the Lich King insofar as she wanted to serve and unite her Kingdom - the free willed undead of Lordaeron. So she very much hangs around people and works towards her goals, both socially and militarily. She even visits the inn to find and interact with like minded people. So to all intents and purposes she does live the most normal unlife she can , with friends, social activity, and beliefs that support this.

But I don’t ignore the lore in that. Sarestha still has that desire to cause suffering - and she sates with particularly violent hunting trips, later selling the meat to butchers. She hates having to do it, but she does it nonetheless , and at least tries to make it a service to society.

So i dunno. I’m having fun with this DK, without needing to fit her into a certain niche. She’s doing her absolute best to return to a normal life among normal people and i don’t think that’s a bad thing.

5 Likes

Biggest falsehood I see perpetuated by some is what I call the Hivemind Fallacy. It basically removes all individualism and confines all people of a race or class into a small handful of formulas, that are barely even characters anymore.

6 Likes