Unpopular WRA Opinions

Post all your greatest hot takes here.

Here’s mine:

I actually think typing and reading accents for characters is fun, even if it is heavy and near incomprehensible.

Scarlet RP isn’t that bad and is certainly not the worst RP to exist.

Necromancer shouldn’t be a new class. We have enough canon edgelords with Death Knights, Void Elves, Warlock flavors, Demon Hunters…

11 Likes

Walkup RP is better than a plurality of guild RP.

13 Likes

I like Nathanos. It’s refreshing to have a surly character that isn’t constantly bending over backwards to tell me how much of a great champion I am.

25 Likes

I like Thrall. Even during Cataclysm I never got anywhere near annoyed with him.

I’d rather have a meaningful and impactful cinematic of a relevant character getting the killing blow on the big bad than my character getting it.

17 Likes

I’m surprised by the fact that… well, I don’t really mind him all that much, either, and it is nice to have characters around that don’t particularly like you or are irritable.

3 Likes

I actually kind of like BFA.

I’m not saying it’s a perfect expansion, but it’s definitely got strong points that I feel don’t get enough credit.

23 Likes

Evil Yrel is cool

12 Likes

Personally I find him an irritating character not because hes not nice but because of him clearly being a self insert for Danseur

(I know I know the same could probably be said about Thrall and Metzen but to be honest I have no idea why Thrall never bothered me while I want nothing more than to see Nathanos killed off).

5 Likes

Both walkup and Guild RP in respective group mindsets are horrendously overrated - neither is magically better than the other.
Leave it at that, I ain’t conflating it with anxious “no but I actually mean…” tonight.

Nathanos’ snark is great, and serves to dig in the fact we’ve been bumped down a peg to yet another “cog in the machine”. Champion or not, it’s the Horde we’re talking about now.

Child characters aren’t that bad, as long as they’re with their parent(s).
Jolt is the best zombiedad’s bean and you can’t stop me.

3 Likes

The only thing really cool about Saurfang is his name.

Top three wow names:
1- Arthas
2- Malfurion
3- Saurfang

2 Likes

Blood Elves who try way too hard not to be Blood Elves are absolutely insufferable.

16 Likes

Yeah, that’s the biggest cringe part of it for me too. He’s not even subtle about it…

“It’s like looking into a dark mirror.” Really, dude? Also, tweeting about Sylvanas like he is Nathanos, ehhhhhh.

3 Likes

Edgelord is a nothing-word that’s just come to describe any character that isn’t super cheerful, law-abiding, and friendly. I say this as someone who typically plays characters who are all three of those things. Same with Mary Sue and Snowflake. They mean nothing anymore.

I like Thrall. I know that one has been said, but I’ve genuinely never understood what people find so offensive about him. I see people talking about how they want him to die so bad and make jokes about his wife and kids dying and I don’t understand what he did as a character to warrant so much anger and disgust :man_shrugging:t3:

I think Sylvanas was cool until BfA. Even in Legion I liked her. She cared about the Horde, and even saved Varian with no ulterior motive in the trailer. She was cool. I know many say “she’s always been a psycho” and maybe, but she wasn’t always evil.

I think Daelin Proudmoore was an inhuman sociopath with anger issues and an intolerance for anything that wasn’t Kul Tiran, and needed to be killed just as much as Sylvanas does. Anyone who wants to solve a problem by wiping out a sentient race entirely is not a stable human being and needs to be stopped. Genocide is never the answer, nobody will change my mind on that. Side note he always struck me as sexist as hell. He basically unseated his daughter from power with a “play time is over, the man is here now” attitude. Overall nothing about him was redeemable or endearing in my eyes.

17 Likes

Yeah its irksome,

That Dark Mirror seems to exist solely to justify Nathanos’ new model and to point out that he and Sylvanas were intimate makes it even more cringey

8 Likes

Some of these opinions will most likely go against some in game facts.

1 Like

I don’t like draenei lore. That is all I will say.

3 Likes

Which is pretty much the point of an opinion, yeah? Doesn’t have to be fact.

Suggestion that Draenic lore is lame goes against established canon, Narrative Director announces.

4 Likes

Narrative director can bite me.

And probably will.

3 Likes

An opinion is saying : I think dogs make great pets.
An opinion against a fact is saying : I think that dog over there is actually a horse.