Unpopular opinion (probably) Sylvannas cinematic *spoiler*

At this point it’s kind of like a transformers movie.

In what way do I seem mad to you? I’ve asked multiple times for your PoV because maybe you see something I dont in this mess. You clearly dont as you’re just making things up that didnt even happen. And btw having an unpopular opinion isnt a personality trait we get it.

2 Likes

Avengers would improve with thanos nips.

1 Like

You’re attempting to insult me, you clearly are butt hurt, lol.

Maker and creator are interchangeable.

5 Likes

“The Makers” imply the creators of something that we dont know of. It could be something that doesnt have to do with him directly. IE: someone made my house. They did not make me.

His creator, as you claim is the same, would be directly related to him. There is a stark difference.

You’re being intellectually dishonest but lets be real, you made this entire thread to seek attention. Kinda cringe tbh.

1 Like

I started the thread to have a conversation, you didn’t have to respond. Yet here we are…

But Sylvanas:

• IT’S NOT ILLIDAN

• IT’S NOT KERRIGAN

• IT’S NOT EVERTHING WoW content like 3 HD cinematic openings this enough for the developers

• his redemption is not tolerated unlike other characters.

Others had a real purpose.

Sylvanas: I will never serve.

Ion does not know that including more Sylvanas during the future of the patches that comes, is like giving us in each patch a new S.E.L.F.I.E camera. in every patch and expansion.

One thing to remember is that we’re not at the end of the expansion yet. We still have to kill super Zovaal and bring the Arbiter back online. Sylvanas is no longer his lackey, only has one ‘life’ left and now has her soul so maybe we might see some more emotional range other than smirking smugness (how about some actual guilt and remorse?)

There’s really only a few directions they can actually take her in since they didn’t kill her in this raid.

1. She sacrifices herself willingly during the Jailer fight and is finally judged by the Arbiter and goes on to the afterlife she was originally slated for.

2. She willingly becomes the new Jailer to atone for the things she’s done since he’ll be dead and you’ll still have some souls who refuse to atone (like Garrosh)

I don’t see her returning to Azeroth. No matter how bad she (might) feel with her soul restored, I don’t envison… Sylvanas: Hey guys I’m really sorry about all that…can I come lead the Forsaken again?

5 Likes

Yes exactly, this is actually a really bloody good point. There is a difference between foreshadowing/suspense and just feeling like you actually have no idea whats happening. We have no idea what the jailer did. Like as ou said it’s been almost a year since SL launched, we don’t even know why he’s in the maw let alone why he wants to break out of it and enslave everyone. It’s quite dumb.

3 Likes

I love sylvanas and thought the cinematic was amazing! Well done Blizz!

2 Likes

Despite us working with the people that apparently bound him. Aren’t you invested? Ooooooo isn’t it mysterious? OooowwweeewaapoooOoOooo

4 Likes

I loved it and this is the first time in the last 2 years I’ve been happy with story direction, so… people can be salty if they want. I’m just excited.

4 Likes

I think the whole “he literally already owned a portion of her soul” didn’t 100 percent make her choices her own choices.

Or he had considerable influence over her in convincing her that he was a victim himself and that they could help one another.

And he does restore her souk instead of using it as a battery as sort of a genie’s bargain.

1 Like

The one ones who deserve to complain are desolate counsel I feel from those listed. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I DO agree there :frowning: especially since they decided to rub salt into that wound by having old Emma in Oribos looking for her three sons ;…;

1 Like

Its only an unpopular opinion here because the lowest common denominator group cant understand nuance. Sylvanas wanted to create a new reality with no hierarchies of life and death and followed the only one she thought could make it happen, (who also had a piece of her secretly bound)

At the end she realizes even if her goal was right who she followed was wrong and she tries to undo it and fails (proof of another of her many failings means she isnt a mary sue)

as punishment the Jailer release the part of her soul that contains things like compassion and empathy and leaves her now able to realize the gravity of her evil deeds and in the hands of the people she victimized. A fitting punishment imo

10 Likes

I liked it too! I love the Jailer’s new form, it’s so much cooler villain material. And while Sylvanas is alive, I still want to see what happens next and where things go from here. :slight_smile:

The forums are so overly critical, and I don’t think half follow the story or read dialogue. So much rage, so little understanding. But I’m enjoying the story and thought the cinematic went about as expected.

5 Likes

“I agree. I can finally dare to hope again.”
/happy smile

2 Likes

“This has been my theory for a long time. That the other half of her soul was out there, somewhere, and if they could find it, they could heal her. People kept telling me her soul was never split, but her Wowhead Lore Page talks about it. I KNEW IT!!!”
/happy dance

“Here’s what I see happening next… Two main basics of the Shadowlands is Redemption and Atonement. In Bastion they have to, basically, battle the shadows of their past to move on to their future. They could set it up, for Sylvanas to battle the Banshee Spirit, for control of the half of her soul that the Banshee possesses. When she wins, she is allowed to return to life, whole, as the Ranger General Sylvanas Windrunner, that she was before her soul was split in two.”

“Since the Blood Elves are a part of the Horde still, she would have little trouble returning to her place, as Leader of the Forsaken. The Bloodelf Leader might even see it as Punishment, since none of THEM want to be any where near the Forsaken. She would even have a better idea of what they deal with, plus a better attitude to teach them with. Like teaching them that is still matters what they do in undeath.”
/happy grin

3 Likes

… I think… I think that’s the entire point of everything she’s done this expac? To break the cycle so that she no longer is forced to serve?

Don’t get me wrong… I want her dead… but… that’s actually a relatively logical thing for her to say?

5 Likes