Unpopular opinion: Leveling slower is needed

I very much agree Bittlessmash.

The main thing this fix is going to ruin is dungeons, have you not seen the main post or again are you just so consumed on ruining everything for everyone else.

3 Likes

what was this about if not dungeons?

Leveling is boring, I want to get to the actual game not kill x amount of mobs and pull x amount of weeds out of the ground for 10 hours.

I take it you don’t have a job/family/hobbies outside of gaming/responsibilities? Raiding is already hard enough for most people because of the insane time requirements even for Heroic. The last thing I want to do is spend even more time leveling. If I wanted that, I would be playing Classic, as that’s what Classic is good at.

Because the “adventure” isn’t enjoyable, the story sucks, the quests are boring and stale, and none of the characters are interesting in the slightest. I read all the quests in Isle of Dornogal and then started just accepting and completing because it had Marvel level writing that was just bland and lacking any sort of personality.

Are you saying “Booo” or “Booo-urns”.

Yep, I am dating myself

1 Like

Not gonna lie, I decided to go holy/disc to heal dungeons for some quick queues… An after like 3 I went back to shadow.

healing dungeon groups with tanks pulling 1/4 to half the dungeon in a single pull is not fun with so much group wide damage going out and keeping up with the tank … Priest healing didn’t feel good so maybe other healers had a better time but I very quickly decided ill just stick to shadow. lol

1 Like

I can’t stand leveling, the faster the better.

2 Likes

:thinking: This is a tough one. You have good points and I think this comes down to a preference of the creator. I personally don’t see anything wrong with being selective with your alts to limit the number of times you need to go through that quest content. I believe this is originally why heirlooms came into existence? Maybe they plan to bring those back up to par??? That sounds nice :slight_smile:

I love the slow leveling of classic, but that doesn’t work here. The game is entirely different, and wouldn’t work. I’d write a dissertation as to why, but I’m sure it would be ignored anyway so yeah. Just figured I’d chime in on my opinion. The leveling pace in retail is fine where it is.

2 Likes

I did the MSQ and side quests to 78 and a few quick dungeons to 80. Then on my alts since I already experienced the story in its entirety I fast tracked to 80 the second time in dungeons and had a blast not needing to grind world quests and side stories i already completed. Taking that away is cringe and you trying to tell people how or what is the best way to play a game they pay for is also cringe. If you want that slow experience go have it. Let us have the experience we want too.

Mobs taking .2 seconds longer to kill won’t be significant difference in your leveling speed. This is over exaggerating.

Easy fix if you that want a more challenging leveling experience, why not take off some gear. Not reason to think everyone wants the same thing. many of us want to level up alts and work on professions after leveling our first 80.

In an MMO it most certainly is.

1 Like

I’m not mad and a choice of taking longer to level is already there, it just depends in how YOU play

Leveling is boring the faster I can get to max level the better if they went back to the slog leveling of the past I’d just quit.

Not enjoying the adventure. The content. The continent. The hardwork the creators put into all this stuff that so many people are just botting past. Refusing to even think of it as an option. :confused: ?

It will ruin a lot more than just dungeons. It took me three hours to get all the knowledge points on my skinner yesterday and they were low level too. I can’t imagine how long it will take next week when they ‘weakened’ them.

1 Like

I would take it further. First. Level scaling needs to go away. Gear scaling needs to go as well.

You should have to work your way to a dungeon, then to the next. Not repeat them like an arcade game. I don’t know when we lost track of the adventure. Why mythic 10 needs to be a thing. Build up to a dungeon, move on. Maybe at 80 unlock the world and make 1 more dungeon level. This repeating the same stuff over and over is boring.

1 Like

That’s where you made a mistake, you just have to do the campaign.

And I don’t.

Your belief is I should be forced to do what you like, even though you can still do what you like.

That’s a terrible belief to have, wanting to take away other people’s enjoyment to force them to play your way, even though your way is not threatened at all.

3 Likes