Unofficial Wildhammer Dwarf Allied Race Megathread

Agreed, too much good lore to let go to waste!

1 Like

This exists?!

Where have I BEEN?!?!?!

1 Like

Wildhammer Dwarves are definitely one of my most desired ARs. I would totally role one in a heartbeat, either a Shaman or possibly a druid (which would be an awesome combo) if their forms looked good.

3 Likes

I love this idea, OP! Keep it up! I’m sure your idea will get a lot of feedback, both positive, and unfortunately, even negative feedback. It is as the saying goes: “Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.”

1 Like

Dragonmaw would be cool, but how would they feel about the Horde after the whole thing with Garrosh. It kind of annoys me how they handle Zaela. She could have been a great character.

They could get all gryphon-headed forms like some sort of Egyptian god. Only it will be a bear body with an eagle head, or a lion body with an eagle head, etc.

Blockquote

This is pretty awesome all around. Only thing I would change is the mount. In the books and the lore. The Wildhammer ruled the skied and would be the sole elite fighting force combating the drakes the orcs were riding into combat. These dwards were Gryphon riders and thanes directing lightening from the clouds. In fact it was the lightening that the “hammers” rode on as they were hurled at the orcs dubbing them Wildhammers. This mount should be a unique take on the classic armored Gryphon but more tribal and free spirited. These gryphons were their friends; not mounts and should resemble much of the heritage armor to seem more of a companion than a forced riding beast.

1 Like

Yep. Bringing the Wildhammer and their counterpart the Dragonmaw Clan in would mean that the story requires a focus on their aerial expertise. It would be bizarre to get either of those races without the mounts that they’re known for.

2 Likes

I support this thread but the High Elves left some pretty big shoes to fill in the case of visuals on the thread so I was hoping for a little something something.

1 Like

I dont think wildhammer dwarves are distinct enough visually from your typical bronzebeard dwarf. For that reason alone i dont think they have a good chance at becoming an AR

The same could be said for most of the Allied Races we already have, particularly before they were added and revamped.

They’ll be as unique as the art team makes them.

2 Likes

If they dont bring dwarf druids theres no point imo

Not true because Lightforged Draenei didn’t bring any new class combination

I’m of the opinion that variants of existing races can look and feel different depending on both their culture and how they are designed visually.

That said, I am all for Wildhammer Dwarves. They are one of four races that I feel complete their respective faction. (Wildhammer Dwarves and High Elves for the Alliance, Forest Trolls and Ogres for the Horde) They’re already part of the Alliance, so I feel like it’s just a matter of time before they become an allied race.

3 Likes

you dont really see any of those races. i cant even rememebr the last time i killed a wildhammer/alliance high elf as horde. same for my alliance characters with horde forest trolls/ogres

Swap out Forest Trolls with Dragonmaw Orcs, and I’m sold.

Forest Trolls are so Old Horde.

Still. Confused as to why we got dark irons before wildhammers. Wildhammers had much more requests than dark irons. Even after cata when they joined the council of three hammers.

oh wow i didnt know this. is there a source?

just add tattoo options for regular dwarfs and bam wildhammers.

3 Likes

Not really. They’re cultural opposites. And playable Dwarves are distinctly Bronzebeards.

2 Likes