Unofficial Wildhammer Dwarf Allied Race Megathread

It would be pretty awesome to play a Wildhammer elemental shaman, that’s for sure!

1 Like

How can this be official without pictures :frowning:

Well its because I have to Trust Level 3 to post Pictures within the Forums. Right now I keep having problems with posting the Pictures because of Post Errors.

Also I edited this megathread as The Unofficial for that reason too.

1 Like

I was thinking about potential Wildhammer racials and had a few ideas:

Shockhammer (active): Throw a lightning infused hammer for moderate damage. Usable while mounted, including flying mounts. 30 yard range. Instant cast, short cooldown.

Dragonslayer (passive): Reduces all magical damage received by 1%.

Gryphon Bond (active): Call down a gryphon to take you to the nearest flight master. Works in every expansion. Long cooldown that isn’t shared with the whistle.

Expert Tracker (passive): Increases unmounted movement speed by 4% while outdoors.

Taxidermy (passive): Leatherworking skill increased by 10 and permanently gain the barding effect (no daze while mounted).

6 Likes

Definitely have my support! :smile:

2 Likes

Those are really great Ideas for Racials. Thanks Gulrum!

1 Like

Thanks! I just wish I had some art skills to give the Wildhammers the “Talendrion treatment.”

1 Like

The more allied races the better imo. Especially an OG important subfaction of a race.

Just no more 120 heritage armour grind please.

1 Like

How about 110 or 100?

1 Like

I fully support this.
I’ve been wanting to make a dwarven shaman for a while now and I’ve currently got him on hold for this very reason. I’d like him to be a Wildhammer.

2 Likes

A bearded Dwarf woman would make my life complete.

3 Likes

I got inspired by that idea from Lord of the rings and Everquest. Did you know that Everquest Landmark had great concept art for the dwarves. I was surprised to find out that the ladies have beards.

2 Likes

I stand ready to earn their favor.

2 Likes

I came here just to say that this thread have all my support. I just discovered it, and didn’t have the time to read it all (i’ll do it later).
Keep making noise guys, in order that Blizzard listen us.

:beers:

6 Likes

Wildhammers are definitely a real possibility. Here is what Jeremy Feasel said about them a few months back:

"We're definitely looking for more ideas from the community. I know that there are particular groups of Dwarves that really wanna be a Wildhammer member and have all those awesome tattoos, and these ideas ultimately result in us having very nerdy conversations on the whiteboard talking about "oh this is a great idea!", so please, keep shoving those ideas at us, we love hearing them!"

4 Likes

just pointing on my 2 cents, wildhammer should be taller and skinnier than normal dwarfs, this is supported by the RPG books and will make then different enough to be a cool allied race and not just another dwarf with another skin color

4 Likes

Agree.

Taller and Skinner options for the Wildhammer Dwarves would make them look more different than the Normal Dwarfs AKA Bronzebeards and also the Females would have Beards for their faces just to make them more like Wild Dwarves with a Celtic Theme/Inspiration too.

2 Likes

That’s really cool to hear! Thanks for sharing. :smiley:

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

1 Like

We should’ve had Wildhammers instead of Dark Irons. We already had a skin coloration for Dark Irons that was added in Cata. I remember most people asking for Wildhammers. And there was precedence for it, too, since out Wildhammer friend is part of the war campaign. The Dark Irons were already part of the Alliance. Have been since Cata. Granted, I suppose Wildhammers have been, too, but… Wildhammers would’ve been a nice formal introduction after our Wildhammer friend appears with his gryphon.

3 Likes