Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread 🐍

A new set of allied races with early access from buying the next expac. Kinda like they did with the first set, just without the rep grind.

So not allied races at all, just a new playable race. Yeah, i dont think blizz is going to do that anymore either. The allied race setup with reputation, trust, and questlines makes too much sense story wise.

I honestly see the next few sets of allied races tied to pre-ordering/buying the next expansion, but still having unlock criteria like reps and such.

On the subject of Sethrak, I did the “Naga Attack!” world quest, for the first time, in Vol’dun on my Alliance main and noticed I was freeing some Sethrak imprisoned there. I did it on my Horde main, but never saw anyone get freed from the cages at all. I tried to look this up, but do both Horde and Alliance free Sethrak from that WQ in Vol’dun? If it is, I’m guessing my Horde main just got unlucky finding empty cages or something.

3 Likes

I really hope they continue to add new “real” races. I used to like leveling a new race when the expansion launched instead of rushing to max but that’s not possible with allied races. :\

I dont mind the allied race system as a whole, I just wish that blizzard would give us races with their own starter zones again. Even if they use existing zones but phase them so that only others going through the questlines can see and interact with you. Kind of like the Death Knights starter zone. Something to introduce the new race to the factions and their roles within without just handing us a lvl 20 in SW or Org and saying go make your own story.

1 Like

Yeah, I miss starter zones as well.

I think there’s hope, since being able to jump right into playing a new race is a big draw for a lot of people, especially if it was something people have been clamoring for for years. I don’t know if sethrak would fall into that, though. I have a feeling that if we get them they’ll just give them an enemy free version of the Temple of Sethraliss for their hub and dump them into SW/Org.

2 Likes

If sethraks are truly unviable for alliance aspirations, then so be it!

But let the devs at least make them playable in the horde, along with vulperas!

It would be a waste to abandon sethraks as simple npcs!
I will create 2 vulperas and 2 sethraks!

And for the alliance? Why, just give another damn recolor :racehorse:!
It’s the only thing Blizzard wants to do for ally!

2 Likes

I haven’t done that WQ myself, but I did notice on Wowhead’s page, the Captive Sethrak that players free while completing it is flagged as being friendly with the Alliance and hostile to the Horde. I’m pretty sure both sides free them, so it’s probably just a quirk with Wowhead, but I thought it was kind of funny.

1 Like

As far as models go, Kul Tiran are the most unique allied race so this complaint kind of falls flat.

1 Like

On a technical level? Objectively, yes, but can you tell me with a straight face that Kul Tiran humans are anything but niche? Either way, they’re still humans, even if they’re big n’ tall humans.

I’m left with the impression that people who wanted vrykul aren’t thrilled about them, and people who wanted ogres or mok’nathal certainly weren’t asking for an Alliance race.

1 Like

That area is where I did the WQ earlier. It’s possible that the game was derping and not spawning Sethrak when this character was opening the cages…then again, the Sethrak were talking about singing the praises of my Alliance main, who is a female human survival hunter, so maybe they like her more because she is cuter. ← <

On that note, since I’ve started supporting Saurok for the Horde, I’ve been more open to the idea of Sethrak on the Alliance and would be very much be happy to see them playable regardless of faction now. I’m thinking if they do become playable and wind up on the Alliance, I may reroll my current Alliance Shadow Priest into one, if they can be priests of course.

Still feels like a long wait until we get allied race news of any kind, sadly. x- x

3 Likes

Considering everything else is subjective, that’s the only real measurement. Also, almost every race, allied or otherwise, is niche.

I’m one of the people that want vrykul and you’re right in that they aren’t a replacement for vrykul but they’re still fine.

1 Like

Next time the quest is up, I’ll try to swing by and see if I can find any sethrak to free as a Horde character. I’ll post my findings unless someone else beats me to it!

We’re all entitled to our opinions, and I respect yours. I agree that they’re fine overall, but if you were to ask me if they’re what the Alliance really needed, I’d have to tell you no.

That said, I enjoy seeing them around when I do, and I think they’re a fun addition to the roster, so I don’t mean to blubber too loudly about them.

2 Likes

The naga invasion is exactly the same on both horde and alliance. You also save the sethrak on horde and they have the same lines when you save them.
The friendly to alliance and hostile to horde shown on the wowhead database is wrong and every other naga invasion captive from other zones is shown to be flagged that way according to wowhead too.

2 Likes

Well, there we have it. Not surprising in the slightest!

1 Like

Just throwing that quote from 8.1 out there… :wink: it was said by a vulpera during the incursions, so next races guys :stuck_out_tongue:

I think Alliance Sethrak and Horde Saurok would be a pretty well received compromise. But I dont think it would make sense story wise to include them at the same time. At least not with what we have currently.

1 Like

On that note, I wouldn’t mind a horse AR for ally, it would be pretty funny but unique at the same time.

2 Likes

Only if the racial active is to allow party members to ride you. Cant even give them a real racial active since alliance rarely gets anything decent racial wise anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

And here, we have a lot of Aunt Blizz’s work applied to something that only serves as a placebo for Vrykuls, another race that by what many say the alliance didn’t ask enough to be seen with relevance,
I not only throw the lore out the window, but it doesn’t even have the importance or emotional value to make a difference! Another horse for ally! Who would say it was enough to be fat to be a human variant!

Perfectly match Silvermoon’s blood elf variant! Another placebo, for the recolors faction, that the horde has fun pointing out is how boring and full of variants of fat humans, mini humans, dwarfed humans, etc!

The problem is not the work blizzard has had with the fat ones! It’s the lack of appeal, magic, glamor, and lore warp that can be made for defective druid humans in the game, but it doesn’t admit to anything other than an alliance-ready joke!