Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread 🐍

It feels fanmade, its really nicely done though! It doesnt feel like it fits the art style of hearthstone

1 Like

Definitely fan-made, considering his name is Korthek and not Korthak.

C’mon guys, this is the Sethrak discussion thread. Y’all should know this :stuck_out_tongue:

hush u, I just woke up and didnt notice the spelling mistake lmao

Oh…I didn’t notice it either. I feel ashamed of myself now XD;

This might not mean much but i just did the Zandalari Unlock Scenario and in the ceremony area there is literally every single troll race there (including the near extinct Dark Trolls) this means both enemy and allied ones to the Horde, theres all other races present such as Vulpera and Tortollan but only 2 are missing, the Sentient Gorillas of Gorilla Gorge (which makes sense after what the Goblins did) and the Sethrak are absent as well.

I made sure to do 3 rounds of the place before and after the rioters started and theres none there, like theres even Mushroom people there! and i didn’t even know any friendly ones existed till this scenario.

2 Likes

The only Sethrak I found there was a Priest of Sethraliss among the many loa priests inside the building.

Also, when Gonk talk about Talanji’s “pack”, he speaks of tortollans, vulpera and the Horde… notice someone missing?

(Also, I don’t know if it was because I did it as a nightborne, but when Gonk says the Horde, the images of two leaders appear: Thalyssra and Lor’themar. Both elves! Is that because elves are descendents of trolls, because of my character race or because those two will be important somehow?)

2 Likes

Yea but the Z-Trolls want to know all Loa plus theres no Troll who worthships Sethralis so makes sense to invite one of there more friendly worthshippers there, pretty sure if there was a Human Loa out there they’d want one of them there too.

Am surprised no Sethrak were there at all outside the 1 worthshipper.

1 Like

With how much is going on with the sethral rn, I feel Sethraliss being atthe ceremony is kind of an inconvenience for her, but shes also there out of respect and principle

1 Like

Im surprised the chosen for the Amani Loa weren’t present when i think about it as well as other Loa who do exist to the Zandalari like Grimath and Zanza.

Sethrak priests and Sethraliss herself are there, wdym.

The mental gymnastics for Alliance Sethrak at this point is just sad.

1 Like

Now that we have Kultiras and Zanadalar available in the game, maybe Auntie Blizz will say something about new races that we can see being made available to players.

Who knows in any future Q & A, do we get any confirmation on what the history of sethraks will look like?

2 Likes

Sethraliss “herself” was hardly there at all. It was a spirit projection of her avatar lol.

Ya know what I think? Sethraliss is a kind hearted loa so she pays lip service to the trolls when their new monarch is going through a trial, but she’s also the sole loa of an entire race and she cares for them first and foremost. And she was recently reborn so she’s got more important things to do

2 Likes

She really has, since she has just returned from her long absence and has to act to reunite “her children”!
Hardly the sethraks will want anything with any conflict!
If sethraks can choose, of course!

And honestly, I do not even think sethraks get along so well with zandalar!

What kind of good relationship is this where the Zandalar exile their criminals in Voldum, where sethraks live?
What kind of people indolently see a foreign government that dumps their “political and criminal disaffection” in their region?

2 Likes

Something I was just thinking of as a bit of a lore expansion…

Say some Sethrak traders were visiting the bazaar in Dazar’alor.
Got to talking with some of the other traders and made friends with the Tol’vir.
Perhaps this could lead to the founding of a little settlement in Uldum.
Would this make sense? Perhaps they could be interested in finding additional places to live and spread out some…not having all their eggs in one basket sort of thing.

Tanaris is close by as well…plenty of real estate in both areas =D

2 Likes

Maybe yes!
Sethraks are working to rebuild their society!
Creating good relationships with other peoples from different lands is a good way to make up for lost time and get resources from varied sources!

And it is very interesting that sethraks and tolvir are getting along! This creates a relationship with other peoples without depending on those coming from orbiting zandalar!

1 Like

I could see that working if the Vulpera decide to attack them over what a majority of the Sethrak did in the past to them (hatred is strong in Nisha) and only idiots would think they wouldn’t think to do it, after all Orc Camps are constantly brought up and have the same thing basically.

Also i think Sethrak can live anywhere outside Deserts since snakes are surprisingly adaptable (minus visual adaptions) for enviroments, Vol’dun use to be lush rainforests before it started becoming deserty and only the Faithless seem to want to actively spread it, they could live anywhere in the world hell they could adapt a instanced version of a Island Expedition Island as there new hub, maybe the unlock Scenario involves helping them construct there new home (like the extra Campaign back in Warcraft 3 the Frozen Throne) and some of those islands do look pretty good.

Only issue i could see with this is like with real world people they value there birth heritage a little too much and wouldn’t want to leave specially after all there work they put in (even if there isn’t many well structures there) namely the temple to Sethralis herself and unless she willed for them to move it might be too hard to get them to go unless they intend to live in both places, maybe send the former faithless off to protect them (from Nisha! lol).

4 Likes

Yes! this is a possibility! All we have to do is wait and see how the lore of voldum had gone from there onwards to the Sethraks and Vulperas!

New Q&A thread up and one of the top questions so far is about allied races moving forward now that KT and Zandalari Trolls are live. Hit up the thread and like the AR question for better chances of getting mentioned in the Q&A.

1 Like

Normally, I always disappoint myself or hear dismal Q & A news!
I do not even usually watch, since I am routinely not informed of anything that interests me or is relevant!

Let’s see if in this March Q & A, I’m surprised and hear something relevant about sethraks and other future allied races! :snake:

1 Like

not that I’m expecting it to be answered but well…why not throw it out there?

not even asking about AR just involvement =\ involvement alone might lead to a better answer instead of just asking ‘will they be an AR contender’

also posting this to promote it:

2 Likes