Live Developer Q&A - Ask Questions Here!

Void Elf pally like the one in Borulas when ? :smiley:

1 Like

Fantabulous - Aussies will understand!
I understand the need for transmog to exist with level restrictions so as not to confuse the enemy in pvp. It would look funny for a level 29 to be walking around in whatever the current season pvp gear is. Perhaps we could get all expansions gear we have collected except the current expansion available for transmog from level 1. I believe it would help to be a gold sink as well if I had to pay what it costs in vendor price to xmog that item and Trial of Style is coming next week :slight_smile:

With some portals going away, perhaps the ones that have been removed could be learnt by mages. Still leaves the accessibility of those portals and creates a social interaction between players. <3

Has there been any discussion on the issue with rare mobs and treasure chests in the open world? Back in the day, it used to be exciting to find these things while questing. Now, I actively avoid them.

3 Likes

Random world chest we see around BFA zones. Could we add small azerite pieces to them? Back in legion those small chests had little bit of AP so I’d like to see that return and give a bit more incentive to go after them.

Smaller chucks are normally 5, 10, 20 and 30.

The alliance had a few quests with the Sethrak in Vol’Dun during the War Campaign. At the end it’s stated we will need to rely on the Sethrak’s aid in the future. Is there going to be any more story interaction with this intriguing race?

9 Likes

Ion always says he can’t get into in depth class design questions in these Q&As. Since class design is easily the most important part of the game, can we have class Q&As instead?

7 Likes

Regarding healing has the focus been shifted away on healing downtime to be more dps based. I dont know how many examples there are but what comes to mind was Shamans at one point could extend their healing rain time for each lightning bolt cast. Where as now we have increased damage output. Eg, flameshock, lava burst and lightning bolt does more raw output then Elemental spec. Has this been something your trialing or an unconscious design?

Are there any plans to introduce more end game dungeons for BfA? Those of us who primarily do Mythic+ as our endgame progression would like to experience new areas, bosses, and stories just like raiders get to do.

Question 1:

Will we be seeing any attention given to Arcane this expansion? Changes were made in the BfA alpha that made the spec feel disjointed and broken, and it was left that way with no further comments explaining the changes.

Question 2:

Why are all the best crafted items BoP? We used to be able to craft and sell those items (or send them to alts).

2 Likes

Gear feels pointless. Any plans to limit the catchup mechanic in future seasons? A lot of people stop raiding after they kill Jaina because they know that in season 3 WQ gear will drop Mythic BoD gear.

LFR and Normal should drop crafting mats and not gear. This will give players the option of which gear they need to move on to Heroic. WQ should not reward any gear. If we want gear we must do challenging content. This will help bring back guilds and social interaction.

To help foster making the world feel bigger perhaps the warbosrd could provide one old world area that would be provided to be leveled in that offers 5% xp buff that funnels both alliance and horde to it and a portal in the portal room for fast and easy access to the area. One area per leveling range. So like Outland and Northrend area grouped together, Pandaria and Cataclysm. Shard only players with that bracket to be able to see other players so players +5 levels above zone aren’t phased to you and griefing.

May be in the minority here but i would love if the heirloom xp was put into a tabard or shirt, something, freeing up the major slots for gear allowing players to feel a sense of progression through leveling, because the talent system and just new spells in general feel really underwhelming as the only form of power progression in leveling.

4 Likes

Loot no longer feels rewarding like it used to. Between the combination of transmog, sharding, and titanforging, getting a piece of loot is no longer exciting because it is so transient. If you get a new weapon now, or those mythic shoulders, do you stand in orgrimmar and show them off. No, because of sharding you’ll never see those people again. What’s worse, people pay far less attention to your gear appearance because of transmog. To add even another level, remember those old, amazing PVP videos of someone getting the best weapon in the game and then smashing people in battlegrounds? Now what does your loot do for you? What do I get if I were to kill mythic Jaina and get a 415 weapon? It would be easier to kill mythic Jaina next time…

I believe another reason for this is each new patch makes the next irrelevant. It is extremely frustrating to gear up your character - only to have to go back in those same dungeons, to have a chance at that same gear… 15ilvls higher. Progression in BC and Vanilla used to actually feel like progression. If you couldn’t kill the boss, you didn’t see the content, you didn’t see the story, and you didn’t get the gear. Item level is being artificially inflated by the sheer amount of high level loot availability. Titanforging may be rare, but when there is such an insane amount of possible loot, it’s extremely easy to gear up to the level of a mythic raider…without being a mythic raider. For example, I got a new character to 120, and within 3 days it was >400 ilvl. That is the level of being fully geared from the heroic raid - which that character had done once. Between the warfront world boss, the warfront quests, and spamming mythic 0s, there was just too many chances at loot and titanforging happened too easily.

It used to be that you had to farm the raid to progress in the new content, but with your seasons, you’re making a raid that’s only a couple months old, completely irrelevant. This is made even worse by the huge jump in ilvl between raids, because of the huge number of difficulties. Maybe it’s time to go back to the good old days of: can’t progress to that level? Then you can’t experience the content. It gave you something to strive for, something to achieve.

You know what I strive to achieve now? A +15 titanforge on a piece of loot. RNG on top of RNG is the main force keeping me playing the game, it’s pathetic.

1 Like

Well met! I would love to know when we can hope to see some updates to cloth physics for mages and robe waring classes. Are there any plans to update the Graphics in Azeroth?

How about 1 percent damage and healing done in raids for each horde guild that gets an additional kill on their leaderboard and vice versa.

What is the logic behind “catch up” loot systems that don’t just catch people up to but actually boost people PAST the entry levels for content?

Are there any plans to reduce or eliminate these systems in the future?

I don’t want to get Heroic loot from a Warfront because it makes doing Normal pointless. I want to work through Normal and then move to Heroic when my gear, and more importantly my ABILITY, indicate I should do so and not be forced there prematurely because of stupid forges and “catch up”.

1 Like

Is there anything in the works to make mage competitive in any meaningful way in the near future? Fire’s AoE and sustain dps is lackluster at best, icy veins needs a complete rework to be a real cooldown and arcane is even more of a 1 button spec than ever.

THE MOST important question we MUST have a SATISFACTORY answer to this Q&A.

4 Likes

When is the war on the player base and fun going to finally end?

10 Likes