Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

I donā€™t think Iā€™m going to even respond to that.

Umā€¦while you fail to prevent the resurrection of Mythrax, you help Vorrik murder/death/kill Korthek into the ground as Horde.

My guess is heā€™s a bit happier with the Horde since, while the Alliance save his life from the poison, they help out around the temple and then peace-out. Itā€™s the horde that help him save whatā€™s left of his people from Korthek. Not the Alliance.

The Allianceā€™s main base on Zandalar is in Volā€™dun, and they have a second camp closer to the Faithless temple. Basically, if and when the Horde decide to clamp down on the Allianceā€™s presence on Zandalar they will have to go through the Sethrak first.

While this is all true, and I do not disagree at all with what you say, nothing would have happened at all and Mythrax would have been released were it not for the Alliance saving his life in the first place. Yes, the horde have much more active involvement with them throughout he leveling quests in Volā€™dun, the alliance commander DID say that 'You did a good job befriending the local populace, we may need their help in the future".

This being said, there is quite the possibility that just that will happen and therefore deepen the ties with the Sethrak. I mean, after the quests with the horde, they even turn around and never again see them either (despite having much more involvement).

Or try to use the Sethrak to push them out, which will end in denial to do so since the alliance has never once done any harm to them. This would be something that, Iā€™d say, Sylvanas would not take too kindly, nor would the Vulpera that neighbor them in Volā€™dun and only deepen their already fuming hatred with the serpents.

2 Likes

Iā€™d also like to add that the Hordeā€™s involvement with the Sethrak so far were deeply tied to the goings-on of the zone of Volā€™dun and by extension that of the Uldir raid. When weā€™re talking about sethrak and their story, the people as a society did not develop at all during the Hordeā€™s questline; the development happened to the power structure of the region of Volā€™dun and greater Zuldazar.

Basically, sethrak are due for more story development and just because the Horde were involved due to Volā€™dun being on their continent, doesnā€™t mean sethrak will lean Horde. And due to comments like ā€œThis likely wonā€™t be the first time we depend on themā€ from the Alliance, looks like they might get their turn.

4 Likes

THANK youā€¦Iā€™ve been trying to get that exact thing through peopleā€™s minds for the longest time <.< but people just seem to just think simply: ā€˜oh we quested more with them, therefor theyā€™re our friend, not yours!ā€™

As far as Iā€™m concerned, the Sethrak were there to get something of theirs back and to prevent a calamity, by that means to recruit whatever help you can get. It doesnā€™t necessarily mean that theyā€™re going to be lasting friends. How many times have horde and alliance joined hands to defeat a common enemy? Putting down a somewhatā€¦temporary cease fire in order to reach their goal, just to be at each others throats once more after the job was done?

The very same could happen with the horde with the sethrak, I meanā€¦they defeat Mythrax, which the sethrak were trying to prevent from resurrection but in the end, failed. Not to mention, the Vulpera have an outright hated of the sethrak, and are heavily now leaning with horde to the point of joining their ranks, which would only weaken ties with the Sethrak that reside in Volā€™dun.

If alliance hadnā€™t saved Vorrik when they had, Mythrax would have been released even sooner and things would have gone to hell far faster than it had. We helped Vorrik get his ā€˜baseā€™ back as well, which the horde later go to, which would not have been there if not for the alliance intervention mentioned before. Vorrik had his stone safe and the alliance went along their merry way because it was a war between the Sethrak themselves and no hand was asked in assistance. Surely if there were, we would have stepped in immediately to give aid in Vorrikā€™s cause. However, at that point in time, there was no need for help and none was asked. So to say the ā€˜alliance up and leftā€™ we would not have IF it was clear at that point that they NEEDED the help. We left because there was nothing more for us to do. So now we just need to wait and see what develops in the future and how the Sethrak come into play with the old god stuff unwrapping.

Maybe itā€™ll be before/during Rise of Azshara, maybe itā€™ll be after if more old god stuff occurs and we need their expertise and assistance in the only way they can do! I can see Sylvanas somehow opening the way to something occurring with the old gods which would then direct the Alliance to seek help in countering the effects brought forth by Sylvanasā€™ need for more power. I canā€™t see the horde doing anything about it with them, itā€™d be likeā€¦ā€˜uh, our leader opened the way for old gods to come into our world, we want your help!ā€™ Iā€¦donā€™t really see Vorrik seeing that as a good idea to help the side that MIGHT aid in bringing in the ones the Sethrak have been sealing for centuries xD

Just picking my own mind for ideas and such -shrug-

6 Likes

With that recent interview with the devs (forgot which one) they said there would be breaks in the Najzhatar(sp?) content where we leave to do things elsewhere. I can see the alliance getting there and being like ā€œOh snap, we need some helpā€ and seeking the Sethrak, who have a specialty in sealing away old god things. And plus, Sethraliss is alive and walking around and she single-handedly sealed a Cā€™thrax! It makes sense to me.

4 Likes

oh? They said that in a recent interview? Do you think you might be able to find out which/when for me? This has me VERY intrigued and Iā€™d LOVE to know more about what it might mean and look into it and pick my brain over it~ :smiley:

Thank you for enlightening me on this!

2 Likes

Itā€™s actually in Taliesin & Evitelā€™s ā€œThe Dragon Isles, New Allied Races And The Shape Of 8.2: An Interview With Jeremy Feaselā€ Taliesin asks the question at about the 10:30 mark and Jeremy answers not long after.

So they just start tossing their new snake friends into the ocean.

Brilliant

2 Likes

ā€œYou see, we seem to be having issues with some Old God containment and we knew youā€™d be able to help.ā€
ā€œThis is the bottom of the ocean.ā€
beat
tongue flick
ā€œWell look, thereā€™s sand! Everywhere!ā€

2 Likes

Nothing says Sanā€™layn canā€™t go through an arc like DK or forsaken. Weā€™ve seen that theyā€™re not mindless, and itā€™s not unreasonable. Just like how thereā€™s not strictly evil Sethrak, or any other race for that matter. In my opinion itā€™s actually interesting and enjoyable writing. Much better than puppets and mindless scourge. Certainly not ā€œgarbageā€ writing. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Ah OK! I saw some but not all, Iā€™m going to have to watch it then!

Lizard boobies. :roll_eyes: I would imagine based on sethrak females, that they would not look like that in game. Although they were created by mogu, so maybe. Some mogu scientist probably got jealous of the Thunder kingā€™s trophy waifus and tried to make his own from (non existent vale of eternal blossom reptile).

1 Like

Sethraks, I accept that female models, be like Sethraliss!
I even consider it acceptable (hohoho) ā€¦ boobs for Sauroks! :wink:
I like boobs, in argonians! :kissing_heart:

I would be surprised if those accessories were added to the sethraks!
But I would not complain! Obviously!!

Itā€™s comical, reminding me of a similar case, considering that a writer and designer here in Brazil created a people evolved from insects, to the sci-fi novel he was writing, in which the females had breasts!

When asked much by the curious, about why he had added breasts, to an alien race evolved from insects, he just replied: ā€˜Because I like breasts!ā€™ :wolf:

I can understand the sentiment towards them, they donā€™t appeal to me and some guys actually prefer them small or flat-chested. -shrug-

Honestly, I really like Sethrallis and how she looks, you glance at her, and without seeing any breasts at all, you can say to yourself: ā€˜this is definitely a female.ā€™

Iā€™m not opposed to them, just because I donā€™t particularly care for them, I just think itā€™s refreshing to see a female like Sethraliss~. There is more to feminimity than breasts on a female :stuck_out_tongue: i.e. markings, body figure, poise, accessories. There are many possibilities to distinguish a female from their male counterparts without the need to glance at her chest :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Donā€™t get me wrong, I like breasts, but I prefer realism more. I thinks its more immersive to make them more reptile-like then to have them appeal to human desires. Got plenty of fantasy races that appeal to humans.

2 Likes

I agree with Slam for the same reason there myself, but if we had to have boobs iā€™d live with it.

Honestly female sethrak are appealing to me because they are so so similar to the malesā€¦ same goes for vulpera. Itā€™s nice to not have so many dimorphic features in a playable race. Most older WoW races, the males and females look like theyā€™re from different species. :roll_eyes:

1 Like