Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread 🐍

Perhaps something a bit less disappointing, taking an aside with a creative exercise.

What racials would these snakefolk likely have?
09/30/2018 04:14 AMPosted by Terón
Perhaps something a bit less disappointing, taking an aside with a creative exercise.

I'm thinking their attacks could have a chance to do a little extra poison damage because you know... snakes are venomous. Then maybe a 2-minute cooldown ability that increases their dodge by a large percentage for a few seconds because snakes are agile and whatnot.
1 Like

reduced aggro range, because they're sneaky sneks

Reduced eating time, given snakes don't chew food and instead eat it whole.
09/29/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Phlynch
We need to think of the big picture here: What rep would be tired to unlocking the Sethrak?

All alliance factions are human groups. The only faction that even interacts with them is the 7th Legion which is already tied to Dark Irons. Proudmore Admiralry is confirmed to be Kul'tirans.

So how could the Storm's Wake/Order of Embers be twisted to give us Snakes from another continent?

As a Void Elf, it is a little funny that you forgot the rep for your own race didn't even exist until the Argus patch in Legion. Not to mention was something virtually unrelated to Void Elves themselves.

09/29/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Esaara
On a scale of 1 to 100, how disappointed are we going to be when they announce the next race for horde is vulpera and for alliance it's junker/mecha gnomes? They are heavily, HEAVILY setting junker or mecha gnomes up in the datamined patch stuff.

I want Sethrak, but I think it's best to um, lower our expectations. Unfortunately.

The fact that this Gnome stuff was datamined almost completely invalidates it in my mind. Blizzard have gone to extreme lengths to hide AR related material after the Vulpera siding with the Horde was discovered early in the beta and I doubt they just suddenly forgot to lock away this. Data for ARs even officially announced has been extremely scarce before at least making it to a beta/PTR and since screwing up on Vulpera, there has been pretty much zero data found anywhere on potential unconfirmed ARs.

It has gotten to the point where a wall of silence is a good thing in my mind. Blizzard has proven they have no problem whatsoever pissing off the community as they did with the High Elf fans and it would have taken no effort whatsoever to shoot down Sethrak fans in the same way. The fact that they have refused to talk about the scenario or even field a question on them is a positive sign as they are obviously saving up all the hype for Blizzcon.

Time will tell of course but based on the trends and Blizzard's actions thus far, no news is indeed good news. It might sound a little silly but with how Blizzard are acting with this cloak and dagger nonsense, it is harder to see something Blizzard isn't trying to conceal as a possible AR at this point.

...And let's be honest; If Blizzard roll up to Blizzcon with a bloody Gnome AR on offer for the Alliance, there is going to be a literal, real life riot on their hands.
1 Like

I'd like to see a racial like the "electrified scales" some Sethrak enemies have. It reflects a portion of damage back at the caster, might be cool as an active racial.
2 Likes
Bout time part 7 started, honestly i thought part 6 was going to hit the comments cap like 2 weeks ago.
1 Like
I would like to see Sethrak with a built in poison racial that allows you to coat your weapons with it.

Also this:

Blessing of Sethraliss
Increases attack or spell power by X%

Call Lightning
An AOE dps racial that nukes peeps
2 Likes

If they're considered cold blooded it'd be cool to see them have a heat resistance, AKA some resistance to fire/fel spells or something.

Or give them an ability where they shock themselves with lightning, get their blood heated, and thus increases their haste or run speed by a certain amount for a certain duration.
2 Likes
Prepare to be.. Disappointed
2 Likes
The number of worgen in this thread doesn't surprise me in the least.

Degenerates.
1 Like
Am I the only one when every time I see Sethrallis I read it as Seth Rollins?
1 Like
09/30/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Jerolan

Degenerates.

Says the druid?
2 Likes
09/30/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Jerolan

Worgen and SETHRAK share the same Skeleton!
1 Like

Tail whip as an extra interrupt. It's super effective!
3 Likes
If we're talking racials, why not electrified scales? So many Sethrak use it.
1 Like
Danger Noodle: You turn into a full fledged snek and are cappable of devouring innocent vulpera whole! (Doesn't work on player Vulpera).
1 Like
09/30/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Ifri
Danger Noodle: You turn into a full fledged snek and are cappable of devouring innocent vulpera whole! (Doesn't work on player Vulpera).

I came across the quest where you get turned into a snake for a limited time and the vulpera say "great job, danger noodle!"

I chortled.
1 Like
A few thoughts.

As far as Junker Gnomes go, they would be an OK allied race. But just not coupled with Vulpera. There would be a noticeable disparity in the uniqueness factor there. Match Vulpera up with Sethrak and Junker Gnomes up with those undead/vampire Blood Elves (or whatever Blizzard has up their sleeves). I don't care which paring comes in 8.2 and which one come in 8.3, but you need to match them up accordingly, new with new, reskin with reskin. Doing otherwise would obviously be asking for trouble.

Regarding unlocking them. Recruitment likely will be either based on a new rep, or perhaps it will be locked behind the completion of the final chapter of that faction's War Campaign. More story needs to take place for both Vulpera and Sethrak to choose a side and I suspect that it'll come through the form of faction War Campaigns.

Speaking of War Campaigns. My educated guess as to why Vulpera end up joining the Horde and Sethrak join the Alliance is based on 3 individuals. Vorrik, who owes his life to the Alliance Champion and declares his wish to reunify the Sethrak after the fall of Korthek. Nisha, who makes it well known she hates Sethrak and is only working with the devoted Vorrik and Serrik out of respect for the Horde Champion and their Zandarlari friends. And Sylvanas, War Chief of the Horde.

My guess is that after the battle of Zuldazar. Sylvanas wants to consolidate the entirety of the Voldunai into the Horde in a way to regain lost strength after the Alliance raid. The Vulpera are eager to join, Vorrik on the other hand has no ill feelings towards the Alliance, after all they save his life and help take back the Temple of the Devoted before he met a single Horde member. Vorrik says he wishes to stay neutral and work towards reuniting the devoted Sethrak with the now leaderless faithless Sethrak. Nisha, who at best, mistrusts the devoted Sethrak, and outright hates the faithless Sethrak is enraged by Vorrik's willingness to work with those that were once the Vulpera's slavers and conquerors. Tensions flare, and Sylvanas being who she is, delivers an ultimatum with Vorrik, join the Horde or be branded an enemy combatant. Vorrik is in turn pushed toward an alliance with the Alliance, who just so happen to have their largest base on Zandalar right next to the Sethrak. It's a huge, but mostly empty base, with lots of open room for future refugees, perfect for shielding a potential new allied race from their aggressors.

Why I think the Alliance could use Sethrak. Something that is wildly different from our current player race lineup. Blizzard is on the record of wanting to pursue more variation in faction lineups, particularly in wanting to mix it up in terms of giving factions something that 'seems' to be more associated with the other faction. Namely, Alliance gets a more bestial, savage race, and the Horde get a smaller, more "cute" (I believe that's the word used) race. Secondly, the Alliance has no Loa connection right now. Sethrak would be a nice introduction for Loa worship to the Alliance.
2 Likes
I REALLY want sethrak druids...
3 Likes