Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread 🐍

Alliance players: Hey Blizzard! Those dope snake people you implemented would make an awesome allied race and mountains of people want them!

Blizzard: You get gnomes that nobody asked for.
10 Likes
09/29/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Diababa
Alliance players: Hey Blizzard! Those dope snake people you implemented would make an awesome allied race and mountains of people want them!

Blizzard: You get gnomes that nobody asked for.

Yep. And I think with what happens during siege of Zuldazar with Mekkatorque, it's pretty much set in stone at this point.

On the plus side, at least they aren't just giving gnomes pointy ears and calling them elf-gnomes, then tacking them on as a new race. Still though, I'm sure all 200 of the gnome players on the alliance will be delighted. The rest of us will wait in anticipation for our next allied race which will probably just be reskinned undead since they are very blatantly setting that up with Calia's return.
1 Like
We need to think of the big picture here: What rep would be tired to unlocking the Sethrak?

All alliance factions are human groups. The only faction that even interacts with them is the 7th Legion which is already tied to Dark Irons. Proudmore Admiralry is confirmed to be Kul'tirans.

So how could the Storm's Wake/Order of Embers be twisted to give us Snakes from another continent?
09/29/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Esaara
On a scale of 1 to 100, how disappointed are we going to be when they announce the next race for horde is vulpera and for alliance it's junker/mecha gnomes? They are heavily, HEAVILY setting junker or mecha gnomes up in the datamined patch stuff.

I want Sethrak, but I think it's best to um, lower our expectations. Unfortunately.

I have no idea why blizzard wanted to introduce another techie short race despite us already having one, could have made these gnomes more savage at least or something else instead of seeming like better replacements of the original.
1 Like
09/29/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Phlynch
We need to think of the big picture here: What rep would be tired to unlocking the Sethrak?

All alliance factions are human groups. The only faction that even interacts with them is the 7th Legion which is already tied to Dark Irons. Proudmore Admiralry is confirmed to be Kul'tirans.

So how could the Storm's Wake/Order of Embers be twisted to give us Snakes from another continent?

What rep would be tied to Junker gnomes? Proudmoore Admiralty is already taken by the Kul Tirans.

I think it's safe to say we'll be getting new reps in later patches, likely alongside the new questing zones just like what happened with the Broken Shore and Argus. A "Sethrak Expedition" or any other battalion loyal to the Alliance having their rep pop up at the same time isn't out of the cards.
09/29/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Esaara
On a scale of 1 to 100, how disappointed are we going to be when they announce the next race for horde is vulpera and for alliance it's junker/mecha gnomes? They are heavily, HEAVILY setting junker or mecha gnomes up in the datamined patch stuff.

I want Sethrak, but I think it's best to um, lower our expectations. Unfortunately.

100 and everyone in this thread knows it, I have no idea why blizzard wanted to introduce another techie short race despite us already having one, could have made these gnomes more savage at least or something else instead of seeming like better replacements of the original.

Yep. I'm completely with you. I mean they made completely new druid forms for Kul'tirans AND Zandalari. I don't see how Sethrak would be that much more of a stretch. But considering the way BFA is with what alliance want vs. what we get, I'm not holding my breath. Maybe it will make more people roll gnomes, or maybe I'm just not even going to bother doing the scenario to unlock them because I know I'd never make or level one. I'm not a huge fan of 'joke' races.
100 and everyone in this thread knows it, I have no idea why blizzard wanted to introduce another techie short race despite us already having one, could have made these gnomes more savage at least or something else instead of seeming like better replacements of the original.

Yep. I'm completely with you. I mean they made completely new druid forms for Kul'tirans AND Zandalari. I don't see how Sethrak would be that much more of a stretch. But considering the way BFA is with what alliance want vs. what we get, I'm not holding my breath. Maybe it will make more people roll gnomes, or maybe I'm just not even going to bother doing the scenario to unlock them because I know I'd never make or level one. I'm not a huge fan of 'joke' races.

Bookmark this but just like with the horse mounts on kul tiras despite having aa mich wilder ecology, I predict that they will tell us, that kultiras didn't have a bigger ecology to support more potential allied races.. despite being the same people who decide what races and ecology kultiras will have.
Weighing in as someone who would be real disappointed to not get Sethrak as the Alliance counterpart to Vulpera. So far Blizzard has maintained parity with Allied races between the factions, and I'd like to see that continue. So far we have:

Highmountain/Lightforged - both minor variants of existing races.

Dark Iron/Mag'har - again, variants of existing races but with a bit more effort put in.

NBs/Velves - variants of existing races, but from the opposite faction.

Zandalari/Kul'tiran - variants of existing races, but with new models.

All seems fair. But Vulpera/Junker gnomes, that would be a mis-match. Vulpera are a new race with a new model, while Junkers would be a variation on an existing race (even if they also got a new model), and one of the least popular ones at that.

Vulpera/Sethrak fit perfectly. Both new races with new models, built on existing skeletons. Parity between the factions is maintained.
1 Like
If Aunt Blizz, do not deliver sethrak to the alliance, it will be sad in my eyes!

This would not add anything to the Alliance, and would still repeat what happened to the voidbelves, who came from nowhere and add nothing, since there is no history that is not linked to the Horde and no history with the Alliance, whereas we can create one with sethraks, without the rancidness of something thrown out by the horde and who would not be in the alliance if they could choose!
09/29/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Kelnethi
Vulpera/Junker gnomes, that would be a mis-match. Vulpera are a new race with a new model, while Junkers would be a variation on an existing race (even if they also got a new model), and one of the least popular ones at that.

Vulpera/Sethrak fit perfectly. Both new races with new models, built on existing skeletons. Parity between the factions is maintained.

Just going by how Blizz has been responding to community suggestions and criticism as of late, I would not be shocked if they deviated from this apparent pattern purely to jam in a half-baked idea that they think is great but the playerbase largely opposes.
1 Like
Gibs me sneks or gibs me deth.
8 Likes
PLAYABABLE SNEKS OR DEATH!!!!
3 Likes
the life of my subscription literally hinges on the inclusion of sethrak. no snek no sub.
4 Likes
09/29/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Phlynch

Theres a decent chance they wouldnt be unlocked through rep. Or at least not a rep we have seen. They did say not every race will necessarily be a rep grind. I personally dont think the voldunai rep will be necessarily tied to vulpera. I think it's just a zone rep.

Also in regards to the gnomes.. I actually think theres a good chance they might be a race questline to unlock a skin, much like the nelfs black eyes. It could go either way but it seems like the gnome leader will be repaired.. but that does not really make him a new race. That's my hope anyway.

I have to stay hopeful that blizzard would not give the horde something as unique as vulpera and give the alliance literal scraps.
1 Like
09/29/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Alaeis
I personally dont think the voldunai rep will be necessarily tied to vulpera. I think it's just a zone rep.

Yes!

Voldunai represents all the people of Vol'dun! Vuperas, exiled trolls and devoted Sethraks!
Vulpera and Sethrak should demand another reputation during future patches!
While the Horde helps Vorrik through the Vulpera it is actually The Alliance who find him first and save him from The Faithless's poison near the Sethrak main city. It is then that Vorrik promises to repay them for their kindness. Vorrik also decides to hide his key directly with the Alliance, where as in the Horde version the key was found among some ruins.
The Alliance commander is pleased with the prospect of positive relationships with Vorrik's Sethrak.
I would make a slight change in the first post. The key the Horde player finds is Sulthis' key. They never deal with Vorrik's key since it's already been secured and placed on the table upstairs by the time the Horde player character does Vol'dun chronologically.
Sethrak for the Alliance, support incoming! Good luck guys!
3 Likes
09/29/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Alaeis
This thread is to discuss the possibility of playable Sethrak for the Alliance,

Short answer: No.

Medium answer: Hell no.

Long answer: The Sethrak race is too beastial for the Alliance, as per Blizzard Entertainment's design outlook for Alliance vs Horde. You barely get the Worgen because they're just cursed Humans. And the Pandaren are a neutral faction to both sides that do not count.

Squid-faced races don't count as they're almost 97% humanoid.
09/29/2018 11:25 PMPosted by Bretherezen
09/29/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Alaeis
This thread is to discuss the possibility of playable Sethrak for the Alliance,

Short answer: No.

Medium answer: Hell no.

Long answer: The Sethrak race is too beastial for the Alliance, as per Blizzard Entertainment's design outlook for Alliance vs Horde. You barely get the Worgen because they're just cursed Humans. And the Pandaren are a neutral faction to both sides that do not count.

Squid-faced races don't count as they're almost 97% humanoid.

Too bestial? Worgen are LITERALLY beasts. That's like saying the horde is too savage for elves. How'd that idea turn out?
5 Likes
09/29/2018 11:23 PMPosted by Fallynn
Sethrak for the Alliance, support incoming! Good luck guys!

Put your goggles on please :( hard to recognise you...