Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

Unless they do. I dont mind either way. I just want Sethrak. Prefer Alliance.

No theyā€™re not.

They can go on land my friend. They are not limited to water.

As a side note theyā€™re currently hanging out in Durotar.

I play on both factions. Regularly.

I agree with this and will continue to support the races I want to see.

9 Likes

When you have your stories written with that in mind, even old gods can be members of the horde.

Because we are written like this and it seems that way, we are easier to be ignored.

I was wondering why it always seems right to try to use some placebo for the alliance. it seems to be always something premeditated to provide something that is not even compatible with the alliance if it is not forced. They can always force something disappointing on the ally but if it is something that brings prestige and merit, it will always be avoided, just as the devil avoids the cross.

Rajani is not even a race but a group of golems, titanic construts, who help everyone, horde and alliance, against Nā€™zoth.
We interact more and better with ankoans, who are the less noble and more shameless version of jinyus. We donā€™t even seem to be able to aim for them.
They are stone statues. And they are neutral. They have no reason to go to the alliance or horde. Of course, they can end up in the alliance, if they were written that way. Sethraks, Sauroks, Arakkoas, Saberons and Gnolls could also be in the alliance, if they were written with a story that justified it.

In the part that does not involve the alliance, certainly.

4 Likes

One of the issues with the Alliance is that their leadership hasnā€™t faced any internal hardships. Tyrande getting huffy at Anduin is the most that Iā€™ve seen in recent memory. The previous king died and that was a big deal, but then consider the changes on the Horde side.

Thrall was warmaster, then gave it up. Then we had garrosh, volā€™jin, sylvanas, more members have died than have been added in.

Iā€™d like to see a bit of that drama on Alliance side. Imagine a fight of ideals between Prophet Velen and Turalyon? Iā€™d also love to see Genn Greymane be more than just the Kingā€™s literal lapdog. Thereā€™s a lot that they could do, but donā€™tā€¦?

6 Likes

I have a feeling weā€™ll start to see that in SLsā€¦

2 Likes

Do you guys know how annoying it is when you break down a post and retort on each sentence? Just saying.

1 Like

Then donā€™t have several points within a single post.

Most folk respond to each separate bit to ensure that the part theyā€™re responding to and their response are easily seen.

Yes. You are just saying.

Itā€™s a public forum and when you make a post others will respond with their opinions on the matter.

Now, my response is not meant to be hostile. You and I clearly just have different viewpoints on the matter.

4 Likes

Clearly.

#tenchar

I think it would be great to see the alliance have some friction thats not horde related
Tyrande being angry about the horde is just lame

3 Likes

Tyrande is just lame.

I agree though.

Again I suspect, strongly, that weā€™ll see this begin in SLs.

2 Likes

Shes my least favourite character in all of wow
She seems to have no character outside of angry or stuck up
Id rather hang out with gallywix than her

2 Likes

I bought Shadows Rising yesterday. (Finally, and to heck with all the drama)

And I would have to say from what Iā€™ve read so far I would not be surprised if a sort of Civil War amongst The Alliance could happen. Or some other sort of tension. There is tension. Just I have no idea how far it will go or where it might lead.

Still think The Faithless are an option for The Alliance. But it all depends on Blizzard.

I am really curious to see what purpose those Sethrak NPCs in 9.0 serve. I am hoping we will at least get some more lore and history.

4 Likes

As much as it pains me to sayā€¦ Same. Lol

Maybe weā€™ll get Vorrick as a new racial leader we can be proud of.

I can dream right? :snake:

I rather like the idea of a group of the Faithless, unwilling to be as outright evil as Korthek was making them, but also unwilling to cast aside their ways and join the Devoted seeks out the Alliance for safety and a place away from the Horde to rebuild.

4 Likes

Vorrik for Alliance President!

Jk.

But Vorrik as Sethrak racial leader. Yes!

He has my vote.

Though I suspect he has a bit of a temper.

3 Likes

This could have happened many times, including with Moira and her Dark Irons using more destructive and exaggerated means when dealing with the horde, creating anguish among the other dwarf clans, as they occupy space within the alliance, as political and military force, as it comes doing since Pandaria.

It would be very natural for Genn to act more politically within the alliance in relation to his defense, but to ask Darius Crowley to act as a black-op for the interests of Gilneas and the alliance, when he thought it would be better for Anduin not to be involved in more sinister matters. .

I myself enjoyed seeing Turalyon and Alleria interrogating the Horde members with less lenient methods for information about Sylvannas and his associates.

The Alliance should be a bunch of mister nice guys and not good guys.
but I think Blizzard doesnā€™t know how to do something with this subtlety for both the horde and the Alliance.

1 Like

While I like how the Dark Irons started as this evil nation enslaved to the Firelord and then Moira manipulated the Horde and the Alliance into freeing them, thus they were never really predisposed to be evil like everyone thought, they were forced.

I agree that they should have been shown to use more aggressive and destructive means compared to the other dwarves. I wish Blizzard showed more that the Bronzebeard and Wildhammer clans abhore magic and especially dark magics that the Dark Irons wield with impunity.

Some contention with methods would have been welcome rather than just pretending all three clans are the same.

Side note: the Wildhammer should have been their own AR. They may look very similar to the Bronzebeard Dwarves of Ironforge but they are not the same people nor the same culture.

I also agree here some contention would have been welcome. Honestly just more contention across the Alliance over the years would have been nice. I donā€™t think most things would have led to civil war of course, but at least it would feel like the Alliance had more realistic political bickering going on.

My only issue with what Iā€™ve read and seen about this is how Anduin is just fine with itā€¦

I agree Blizzard is notoriously bad at subtlety. Still some contention would have been real nice. A wider range of Alliance forces having differing opinions would make adding more interesting races, Like the Sethrak, easier as well.

:snake:

3 Likes

The Alliance has plenty of room for internal differences and gray areas of action, but Blizzard has other preferences.

But the way Blizzard usually does, itā€™s not good for the horde and it wonā€™t be better for ally.

One of my fears about Turalyon going to the position of High King, is that Blizzard will turn him into a Garrosh and make the rest of the alliance ( swell :roll_eyes: ) follow him like a blue warchief, when things are not like that in ally.

2 Likes

ā€œThe golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darknessā€
So youā€™re probably right, only with a few blizzard subvertions of expectations thrown in for good measure

1 Like

I for one kinda look forward to this sort of disorder within the Alliance. xD

I donā€™t necessarily think all of the Alliance would follow Turalyon.

I think it would be more akin to what happened with Korthek. You will have like minded Alliance members ally with him. But then you with have a group like Vorrik and The Devoted. That see the wrong in that way.

There is a pretty strong theme in this novel of the whole ā€œPeople Changeā€

This could be a theme applied to some of The Faithless now that Korthek is out of the picture.

:snake: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Honestly thats an interesting Arc for Turalyon given where his story started back in WCII.

To become effectively the very kind of thing he once fought against.

The LFD for sure, and I bet weā€™ll be saved by Alleriaā€™s Void Elves. :stuck_out_tongue:

Have the Sethrak join up with us during it and see them be likeā€¦ Hey maybe we should chill?

:snake:

3 Likes

what a waste of a threadā€¦ this ainā€™t happening in SL so theres absolutely ZERO chance for it to happen in any other expansion.