Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

I too do not mind Shadowlands being delayed. Iā€™m VERY happy that the prepatch isnā€™t being delayed too far though. Iā€™ve really been antsy to try the new leveling and get my hands on the new customization.

To me though this likely means waiting a little longer for Sethrak, but Iā€™d rather have a polished Shadowlands and then get polished Sethrak later too.

5 Likes

Youā€™re likely right but ya never know. It could work in our favor as well.

It really just depends. Iā€™m fine with it either way. As long as they do become playable.

:snake:

4 Likes

So many alts to level
This gnome is going to get one hell of a make over

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the good part of ā€œforeverā€.

Well Iā€™ll play forever if they add Sethrak. xDD

Iā€™m gonna take some screens and share it here. Iā€™m currently running one of my Horde alts in Volā€™dun and found some neat things.

I can see that bugs are a popular food choice for Sethrak.

3 Likes

Here is some stuff I found.

Potential embassy banner designs and the things Sethrak eat!

4 Likes

Definitely some fruit and bugs in there.

Interesting pallet.

1 Like

I also believe there are some chunks of meat.

I think it is very interesting that theyā€™re omnivores. And well stuff like caterpillars make a lot of sense.

Also, I found the crescent moon designs on some of the banners and tapestries intriguing. And well, pretty. xD

I personally like the blue/purple one for a racial banner. Or even tabard.

2 Likes

The first banner is the way to go

2 Likes

I imagine how challenging the sethrak cuisine would be.

Yes, by far that one is my favourite and sums up the race overall. And definitely ideal for an. embassy banner. But if it needs cloth, I like the blue/purple tapestry design.

1 Like

For cloth I would have to go with the red one.
The blue one feels like it has too much dead space

I like the asymmetrical design. xD

Plus, Iā€™m not huge about red. Itā€™s fine as an accent color.

Lets compromise
Red banner for horde
Blue banner for alliance :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Honestly most of their food looks fineā€¦

I will try anything once. So yes, I would attempt to eat a caterpillar.

I mean at this rate we may see Sethrak as a neutral race. :laughing:

Iā€™ll take the red if nothing else.

2 Likes

I did enjoy doing the Sethraliss dungeon recently and taking a little more time to look around and see the different architecture and the vast cavern in the distance. Itā€™s so amazing! It looks sparsely populated though, with only a few lights in the distance, so I do wonder how big the empire really is.

I also like the point that Bellular made in his SL has been delayed video: If SL is delayed so that devs can fix problems NOW, then they wonā€™t have as many problems to fix when the game goes LIVE and can instead focus on making more content. So hopefully this is good all around!

4 Likes

if that means they can release patches at the rate they did in legion i would be so so happy.
BFA made us wait too long for them.

1 Like

Just found another nice possibility for the Sethrak racial banner.

Imgur

I still prefer the one without the tapestry. But this could work as well I suppose. Or for a tabard.

I dislike that its red but oh well. :woman_shrugging:

I could see this being The Faithless banner.

Also, Iā€™m a big sad right now cause Iā€™m at the Horde quest where you meet Serrik. I donā€™t like that he dies. And gets sent to The Maw to boot. Unless Bwonsamdi saved his soul. :frowning_face:

Found a tidbit of lore that sort of implies that before the Sethrak lived in peace under Sethraliss, it may have not always been that way.

This was part of the inscription on what some ruins say, from Sulthisā€™ point of view:

ā€œThere is talk within the temple. Korthek is eager to attack the trolls. They are a formidable race that will not fall easily. Weā€™ve lived in peace for so longā€¦ why would he now desire to start a fight he cannot win?ā€

Based on how the inscription goes, this seems to be written just after Sethralissā€™ fight and sacrifice to defeat Mythrax but sometime before Sulthis hid his part of the key stone.

7 Likes

Is thatā€¦ a male nightborne?

I didnā€™t even know those existed.

The symbols sethrak use on their cloth are gorgeous.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll have you know we most certaintly do existā€¦

I swear, people these days.

ā€œoh look honey itā€™s a nightborne man, take a picture!ā€ or ā€œwhat are you hidingā€!

Grah!

3 Likes