Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

You should be able to post in other threads, once you hit 5 posts and I think give ten likes you should be TL2.

Iā€™m notā€¦ 100% on that but you can look it up.

3 Likes

I went to put my first comment in a new thread but it told me no.
Apparently new characters can only post so many time in their first 24 hours

92 seems an strange place to cap it at though

4 Likes

And that is disheartening. Many races need more options.
Worgen need more attention, after 10 years of inertia both in lore and in the history of the race.
Pandarens idem.

And Warcraft needs something that is not just another glorified blood elf model, it really brings something unique and remarkable for each faction. Both factions. Something that brings real and perceptible and non-comical value to both factions.

Players need options that are not just another human variant.

This is what many of those present here want.
Sethrak can bring a unique and new element to the game.

5 Likes

Itā€™s honestly taken by a popularity stand point.

High elves were fan requests for years before Sethrak were even revealed, it makes sense theyā€™re a loud topic.

Not to say Sethrak arenā€™t more interesting, theyā€™re just unfortunately less popular comparatively, but even so, are one of the highest requested Allied races for the Alliance in a very short amount of time.

7 Likes

Weirdā€¦ I wish you luck.

3 Likes

Sethraks are a different kind of interesting. And a jet of fresh air within the game as far as vulperas.

Hardly, a race that appeared 3 years ago, would have the same weight as one that has a lore of more than 10 years and is widely present in the game. But their great value is that they are new to allow new things.

But new breeds playable, are something that warcraft needs as much as better development and narrative for factions and characters.

So Iā€™m interested in seeing sethraks a playable breed, even if it results in nothing for the alliance, at least it will be a good plus for the game.

Thatā€™s why arakkoas and saberons are important to me.
Thatā€™s why sethraks are important.
Thatā€™s why ogres are important.

Of course a race that has a lot of presence as always elves will be highlighted but this is the time to change focus and open the range of options.

5 Likes

All true. Only thing I suppose I was getting at is, the request has been met. Maybe not to every extent everyone wishes for but it has been done.

But I still see at least one new thread a day for something about it. xD

While I just want playable snakes.

6 Likes

Im back :smiley:

5 Likes

Yeah, honestly all Blizz needs to do is allow for the Void Elves to take blonde hair and boom, high elves. I get that theyā€™re trying to probably maintain a certain amount of identity for the void elves, but I think people that want high elves care more for the RP aspect than they do the racials.

Sethrak, on the other hand, got super popular as soon as they were leaked as being a part of BFA. That said, theyā€™re not just a different color of hair or skin for an existing race. Thereā€™s more work that has to go into them, all the more reason we need to keep pushing for them, so that Blizz sees that we still have passion for the race.

4 Likes

All the natural colors would be swell. Thereā€™s also a light blue common to many of themā€¦ But eh.

I think this is true as well.

I agree. Also given the amount of work that did go into them, I think they were at one point at least considered.

6 Likes

It would be sad to ignore this, especially since allied races are part of the product promoted in BfA.

4 Likes

Blizzard would certainly not be the first company to abandon a ā€˜featureā€™ when a new expansion/series comes out, and they wonā€™t be the last. I keep thinking of Pokemon, where one version had a feature that let your pokemon follow you around, and it was supremely popular with millions of fans. Then, they never did it again, despite massive fan outcry.

Simply put, the concept of Allied Races was a Feature of BFA. Itā€™s not being advertised as a feature for Shadowlands. Does it mean weā€™ll get allied races? Or not? Who knows! Thereā€™s a lot of reasons for Blizzard to keep making new races (gets people to spend more time in the game leveling alts, buying race-change tokens, getting heirloom armor, grinding rep, which all means more money spent in the game) but it also means a lot of time spent on something that might not be seen as worthwhile, especially with how many extra animations and other intricacies have to be accounted for with player races.

7 Likes

Weā€™ll get more AR. Who knows when. But Iā€™m not worried about the ā€œifā€. Itā€™s an easy money maker through race change, boosts, faction changes, etc. Also the system is a good method for them. It gets players working on content. Gives the players something fun to do (or tedious, depending on how you look at it) and it takes time, so more game time played.

Which means more money for Blizz.

:snake: :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

the last time we had this feature was generation 4 with heart gold soul silver. That was over 10 years ago.

The DLC for pokemon sword and shield brought this feature back. It sucks and it pointless now as theyā€™re too slow to follow you properly but its back

3 Likes

Sword/Shield was the end for me, was heartbreaking how they just decided to do the bare minimum once again yet have even less than usual on top of it.

Makes me kinda sick that people just eat it up but looks like some indie companies are starting to pick up the slack at least for the people who donā€™t want to keep on regressing (5th gen was the peak, for sure.)

Anyway, sorry, got off topic with my grumping~

https://i.gifer.com/CCG6.gif

7 Likes

Lookit that Death Adder and itā€™s caudal luring. Something many snakes do to try and attract prey.

That could be a racial.

Caudal Lure. Distract a target, increasing your critical strike chances for the next __ Seconds. Or increased damage.

5 Likes

Blizzard isnā€™t cool enough to give us Sethrak tbh

maybe another company could pull it off

2 Likes

Nah.

I want SETHRAK in World of Warcraft. I donā€™t need some other gaming company to try and make a snake race.

Blizzard plenty cool enough. You got some amazing artists who designed and animated the Sethrak in the first place. AND writers who wrote them some interesting and really compelling lore.

6 Likes

We all want it.

Blizzard are the only ones who donā€™t.

The artists are not in charge of anything

2 Likes

Make an in game suggestion for them. :heart:

Under the Help tab in the in game menu.

Let our voices be heard. :snake:

But I also gotta say we havenā€™t gotten a hard no from Blizz. So we canā€™t say they donā€™t want to add them.

5 Likes