Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

Okay when they add them you can quote me and tell me I was wrong.

4 Likes

I am more than ready to make that ā€œSethrak Celebrationā€ thread.

But not to gloat. :yellow_heart:

And thank you for the support!

6 Likes

I meanā€¦ You are the fox network. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s just it, my hope is for WoW to deliver on a cool reptilian race. FF14 doesnā€™t have that at all. They just spackle some scales onto an anime boy/girl and call it a day. ESO has regressed argonians (they used to have neat backwards jointed legs) with too many spikes on every surface and edge. Other games just donā€™t have any sort of reptilian race at all.

Itā€™s a niche thatā€™s sadly unfulfilled and we just gotta hope the stars align and Blizz decides to do it.

This is an interesting take and I agree with it. Funnily enough, in a lot of ways, the company Games Workshop lets its artists determine what to make and sell and then they work their marketing strategy and rules around that instead. Now, obviously there are guidelines, for example, always be making Space Marines, but other than that the miniature designers have a long leash and it WORKS. People are hyped about new models and they sell well, and Games Workshop is one of the top companies out of all of the UK in terms of growth and profit over the past few years.

I feel like video games could learn a thing or two from that. LET the artists create those cool things, LET the writers write some neat stories, and then work the game around those things to make it all come togetherā€¦

Instead, Blizz focuses on systems first, and then forces artists to create NPCs and whole areas that feed into those systemsā€¦

4 Likes

I love Argonians, my favorite race of ES by far.

6 Likes

The race selection in FF14 is the biggest reason I have not played the game. The majority of races in it are all human-like, mostly anime boys and waifuā€™s of different tropes, and itā€™s all fairly boring coming from other fantasy worlds where you have quite the variety of playable races. The Hrothgar race, which is more or less the Final Fantasy X Ronso race of cat men, is a good start, but it really needs more races like that.

Of course, when adding more races to the game, they choose the bunny girl race as opposed to also adding the reptilian Bangaa race from the same game series. Go figure. Iā€™ll consider playing it if Bangaa ever become playable, though.

Itā€™s one of the big reasons I came onto the forums and mustered up some courage to start campaigning for playable Saurok. Between them and Sethrak, they are both great choices to fill that niche. I keep feeling that we need to keep going in order to show support for them, and that it would be a huge thing to see some playable reptilian races in WoW.

Letā€™s get some reptiles on that character creation screen! :snake: :crocodile: :turtle:

6 Likes

Mmhmm, everything and everyone must be pretty and flawless and that gets dull fast. There is no grit to it at all, way too sugary sweet I find.

The concept art for the Au Ra is ultimately a lot more interesting than the in game version, they neutered a lot of what made them cool (because they hate effort, as the recent new races have proven.)

5 Likes

I would like to see their origins investigated a bit more thoroughly. If one of the things pointed out in their description is, ā€œNO SIGNS OF DRAGONS HERE, BOYS!ā€ odds are, thereā€™s a draconic influence there.

3 Likes

Yep, I pretty much hate FF14ā€™s race choices. I dabbled in the game awhile back cause my friends wanted me to play it with them.

Until they add something more interesting, I have absolutely no intention of ever playing it again. And Iā€™m already not the biggest fan of the the game play in that game either.

And I know WoW can do better. Gw2 and ESO are successful games. And you have races like the Sylvari, Charr, Asura and Argonians. Hoping they add the Tengu with the new Cantha expansion in Gw2. If they donā€™t I will riot.

If they do I might drop how often I play WoW.

Unless they add Sethrak before then.

Sethrak will kill the other games for me. And Iā€™d be fine with that. :woman_shrugging:

But they need to become playable.

:snake::pray:

7 Likes

FF14 has its virtues, but in relation to races it really is quite simple within its model.

I really lack attractions in terms of race for me but in terms of jobs, classes and professions, FFXVI is very attractive to me, in relation to what we have in warcraft, which is very sterile.

And Khajjits. Donā€™t forget my skooma-loving friends.
Demi humans races are something that brings more diversity, lore and immersion to the game universe.

More seasoning for the roast.

3 Likes

I had a Khajjit vampire thief assassin in Oblivion. Best game I ever played.

5 Likes

I have not forgotten them. I merely did not mention them because I mentioned Charr. And to me, Charr are superior to the Khajjiti. But I do love me the Khajjit. I have a Khajjit Sorceress on ESO, as well as an Argonian.

Charr are basically fluffy kitty Orcs. xD

I will have to say that I do like the concept of being able to change class/job, essentially on a whim. It is very versatile.

Think I might hit crafting pretty hard if Sethrak become playable. I like the idea of jewel crafting for them. Or even enchanting. But not sure I would commit to enchanting. xD

2 Likes

Imgur

SCREECHES

Back in TL3 business, baby!

:snake::heart:

Just in time too. The artist I picked for the reference sheet of my Sethrak Hunter is about half way done with the project.

And I can go back to my snake of the day posts.

9 Likes

Excellent news! The Snake Master returns to full power!

6 Likes

I feel a meme or a rehash of a meme brewing here. :snake:

5 Likes

from the other thread it seems you are the meme

3 Likes

Exactly. :joy:

I need my toon superimposed over the Elmo with Fire meme. But instead of Fire, itā€™s snakes.

5 Likes

Best I can do is teldrassil

Welp.

That took a dark turn fast.

XD

3 Likes

In 37 minutes you can have a like

1 Like