Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread 🐍

So everything “cool” is just Horde by default? If that was the case Ally would have never got Worgen.

I can agree that a lot of the population does seem to be unsalvageable taste wise, just basic high fantasy snorefest requests 9 out of 10 times.

But that doesn’t mean it can’t change!

2 Likes

Worgen was only possible because it was something done before the current lore and development team decided to use the villain bat in the horde and make the alliance the faction of bozo.

If Pandarens and worgen were races created today, I bet my pants that both racess would be in the horde and the alliance would be receiving lepergnomes or virmen.

Such gorgeous designs!! And just think, now that Blizz is letting us change the eye color separate from face/skin, that means lots of new options could be opened up! I’d love a true albino white sethrak with red eyes :smiley:

4 Likes

Yesssss.

I love leucistic animals.

This “lucy” King Cobra is INSANE. She is 1 of only 2 in the World. Her name is Lilith.

The white skin tone Sethrak npcs currently have is akin to albino. Blue eyes would make this work. :heart:

6 Likes

what an incredible animal! A bit of me is upset they didn’t give her more time to settle into her cage before playing with her and making her so stressed out, but at the same time, what a rare treat to see a leucistic king cobra!

4 Likes

Yeah, that was the one thing that kinda miffed me. A snake like her, traveling so far needs at least a week or two to acclimate to the new environment and routine. Especially since she had to deal with the stress of capture before being shipped across the sea. Maybe even a month of acclimation.

Still a beautiful animal. And King Cobras are insanely intelligent. People are crazy to think nothing goes on between the eyes of that snake.

Oh, I hope they keep the white skin tone as an option for playable Sethrak! I love it.

4 Likes

Cant say im a fan of the males all having the same skin tone while the females have a wide range of options.

4 Likes

Yeah not sure what that’s about. Don’t think that was DragonAsis’ intention. Looks like to me that she just did some customization option on just one flat skin tone for males.

And went a little more crazy with the females since as the game is current, the females share the same models with the male.

I would hope the Devs and Blizzard would give the Sethrak males and females the same skin tone/scale pattern options for players.

Maybe the females could have horns, or hornlike structures. Like Sethraliss. Also think she doesn’t have a rattle.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’d rather see the same tones between male and female, at least mostly.

Or give both to both, but slightly different for the males and females. I think that’s how I’d want to see it.

But under no circumstances do I want to see mammary glands!

3 Likes

I’ve decided to bite the bullet on this one, and will accept a female playable model with breasts.

If that is what is holding Blizzard back.

Would prefer the androgynous/non-binary look.

But if boobs are the only way to get Sethrak playable, give the Sethrak women mammary glands.

4 Likes

While I totally get that, I won’t budge myself.

No boobs for Sethrak!

Honestly though I’d still play em. Lol

4 Likes

Also gotta say in the snake world, it’s the boys who are sometimes flashier than the females. Much like birds. But this occurs in only a handful of snake species. Most notably the Boomslang.

3 Likes

And I respect that.

But I agree with you on the part that boobs or no boobs, I will make at least one female Sethrak. :heart::snake:

5 Likes

My main Sethrak is going to be female… So I’d be forced.

Boobs, while I really will fight it till they’re put in, are not ultimately a deal breaker for the race for me.

4 Likes

I mean, look at Tauren. Blizzard doesn’t know how to do “female” as anything other than a watered down, “hot girl” cosplay version of the males. Look at the personality and exaggeration of the male models, then look at how comparatively tame the female models are.

I am convinced that we don’t have Ogres because they didn’t know how to make them hot, when really, there is no need to apply boring human standards of beauty to them.

7 Likes

I get your point but I do admit they did a good job with Sethraliss, the Sethrak loa.

She looks graceful and feminine without the whole college cheerleader look. She has no breasts and only slightly wider hips than the regular Sethrak model. And she has eyelashes. Or eye markings that resemble eyelashes.

And just those little things make her present as a beautiful woman.

In short it is easily doable. And I think it would be good to have an androgynous/non-binary/“small breasted” option for people to choose from.

6 Likes

I would have loved Theradras to serve as the inspiration for an Ogre female. They do NPCs well enough that don’t adhere to typical standards of beauty. They’re sort of cowards when it comes to playable races, though.

6 Likes

Love her model. I hope they go with that.

Something Wow needs more of I think.

I could see that. And I agree. Blizzard needs to stop being cowards.

4 Likes

I got some hope. Since they have added some more LGBT characters in game and lore as of recent.

Even Guild Wars 2 has breastless female options for 2 of their races. Charr and Asura.

And they look great.

6 Likes

Two of my favorites.

4 Likes