Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

I think a gender-neutral race would be cool but at the same time, I think theyā€™d just update the models for the females. Donā€™t really see Blizzard doing a gender-neutral race or another neutral alignment race like the Pandaren

6 Likes

Maybe neutral alignment. With Sethrak it would not be as hard cause there are two different factions.

While I would be fine with Sethrak being gender neutral, if a ā€œclassicā€ gender dimorphism is what it takes Blizzard to bite, then by all means!

And by that I mean a female with breasts and hips. Males do not need to look like the male Draenei or male Orcs.

7 Likes

Id rather the males be the normal model and just give the females some different eyes and shape

3 Likes

h ttps://www.artstation.com/artwork/5QoNg

Love the concept art of the outfits at the bottom of this link. <3

4 Likes

I LOVE that blue one! Super cool!

4 Likes

Also found some more Sethrak in Hearthstone! I didnā€™t know about these two

h ttps://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Sword_Dancer_Sirinell#:~:text=Sword%20Dancer%20Sirinell%20is%20a%20boss%20that%20can,encounter%20will%20be%20available%20in%20any%20completed%20chapter.

h ttps://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Terraviss

Really like the color on Sword Dancer Sirinell. And sheā€™s a woman. So thatā€™s neat to see another female Sethrak.

2 Likes

Interesting, I love the orange as well! I wonder if they are actually listening to the Forums

4 Likes

These are fairly old. 2018-2019. Buuuttttā€¦ there are enough HS Sethrak cards that I would like to think it shows an awareness of their popularity.

3 Likes

Yeah, hopefully! We shall see how Allied Races even work in Shadowlands

4 Likes

Also found the concept art for their architecture and the dungeon/essentially a glimps of their city!

h ttps://www.artstation.com/artwork/Vr28R

4 Likes

Loving all of it! The Hearthstone cards does give me a bit of hope, but if you look through Iā€™m sure you can find cards of just about every race in WoW in hearthstone. The big thing is that these sethrak characters are heroes that you play as in the various single-player stories (would love it if you could play them in the main pvp), and THAT is a very good thing.

As for the art, I absolutely love it. Thereā€™s a whole culture of clothing that the sethrak bring to the table that we havenā€™t really gotten as wearable armor/shirts in WoW. Most shirts and armor tends to follow rather limited shapes to fit all of the body types, which is why we havenā€™t really seen any shawl/poncho-shaped things in WoW aside from NPCs. Still, would be great to see.

As for the architecture, thatā€™s some really fantastic stuff. With all of the fire lighting up the underground, it implies that they use a lot of magic or oil or both. The drapery hanging from the ceilings implies a desire to bring color and brightness into their dens, versus the typical dwarven method of bare earth and stone. It really gives the sense that the Sethrak have done the best they can to make the underground empire their home.

4 Likes

A super cute and curious venom noodle. (Itā€™s some sort of elapid, not sure what species)

But he is adorable and really interested in checking out the camera.

:snake: :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Gilgoblins would be a very good race though if they actually put some genuine effort into the model. Plus they already have all the lore setup to be an allied race. They are possibly even apart of the horde already. Besides, if your concern is that they would come in place of sethrak, I would be more worried about Ogres since thats one that has been long requested.

3 Likes

The Horde will be given Sethrak with a bonus to stealth detection, a poisonous bite, and the ability to regenerate by shedding their skin. The Alliance will get a new elf that looks suspiciously like a blood elf with bad eyebrows featuring a +2 bonus to first-aid (yeah, I knowā€¦thatā€™s the joke) and the ability to shrink to 3/4ths their original size for a few seconds once every 30 minutes. Thatā€™s how the devs do us.

1 Like

Well HS does like to hint at things, although usually in a comedic fashion.

Nā€™zothā€™s appearance was first shown in Hearthstone. Tortollans also first made their appearance in HS.

There is a Sethrak hero that appears in the set Rise of Shadows. And while it probably doesnā€™t imply anything. I do find it interesting.

4 Likes

There is a lot of potential to be abandoned. :cry:
Sethraks has been gripping the minds and hearts of many since they were introduced, just as it was with vulperas.
Also, they would be a good addition to the playable race roll.

Many would consider it a good racial kit.

Iā€™m sure Blizzard would create something like this for ally, but at this point in my existence, I donā€™t expect anything better going on in the alliance, which promotes the same kind of hype and expectation in the alliance. Only more mockery, more detachment, the feeling of 2nd class being crystallized, even more after BfA.

Anything I can expect for the alliance, it will certainly follow premises like the ones we saw with kultirans, junkgnomes and purple blood elves.

The worst thing would be for Blizzard to go public and say that it cannot use sethraks, because it has no idea what it would be able to use for the alliance, and it would be difficult to invent another type of defector blood elf to fill another void.

Have Mercy

2 Likes

Couple months old at this point but still circulating and still an interest outside of just the forums.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/g1sho8/any_hope_for_a_sethrak_allied_race/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_title

See it on Twitter too.

Just yesterday someone tweeted about saving some names for Sethrak in case they become playable.

3 Likes

As a mostly horde only playerā€¦I would like to see Allies get this race. I feel this is only proper.

5 Likes

but they were all awesome

2 Likes

Make an in game suggestion for it?

Weā€™d love the support.

Though weā€™ve settled for Horde Sethrak. :heart:

:snake::pray:

3 Likes