Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

Haha, nah, Alliance would get the Kyrians (blue humans, but likely w/o wings like you said) and the Night Fae (they share same skeleton as draenei) and the horde would get the cool skeletons and vampires from maldraxxus and revendreth.

Good times.

But yeah, Iā€™d be thrilled if either side got Sethrak and the other got Ankoan. I"m worried that Horde will just get Gilgoblins though, and Alliance will get something like mechagnomes with fewer transmog options. ultramechagnomes.

5 Likes

Maybe a controversial opinion but Ankoan are pretty trash.

Now Arakkoa I would accept.

7 Likes

Arrakoa would also be acceptable, though I worry blizzard will never do it because they have wings

3 Likes

The concept of fish people seems cool to me, but tbh Iā€™d prefer the arakkoa too. The thing I worry most about is all of the fins/feathers on either race clipping through armor or through animations in weird ways. I feel like theyā€™d need more polish than sethrak would to transfer into player character models.

1 Like

Yeah, I can see thatā€¦ they could do the cursed version but they could be a real pain to get dressed/wear all the gear.

I think a lot of races have clipping already like with ears, tusks, horns, manes and hair so a little clipping would be acceptable and most likely impossible to avoid.

Would definitely need a lot more work than Sethrak or even Ankoan but it would be cool to have a fun colourful avian race!

Fish are cool too, donā€™t get me wrong, my issues with Ankoan are more their boring personalities and the NE rig.

2 Likes

Yeah, the nazjatar storyline didnā€™t really inspire me at all with the Ankoan, and same with the Jinyu. Theyā€™re neat from a visual perspective but storywise they donā€™t get me at all like the Sethrak do.

2 Likes

Itā€™s possible that they could make them more interesting in a recruitment scenario, though.

3 Likes

For sure, a lot of the AR start out a little light on substance like VE. Iā€™m sure if they wanted to include them theyā€™d make sure they got the polish and extra fluff they needed and maybe even get further and further away from that NE rig.

I still donā€™t know if Iā€™d play one and Iā€™d still have other preferences over them but if they did get added in I wouldnā€™t have a problem.

3 Likes

The first part is how I feel about Sethrak. Their story has so much promise and all they need is a bit of lore to tie them in to the rest of the world.

I mean, if you can go back in time and enter a new dimension just to recruit red orcs, SURELY we can add the Sethrak and other races.

4 Likes

I thought I would share this achievement, since it is a way of showing that you saved Sethraliss:

It involves finding each of the loa and doing /bow to each of them. Rezan can be done if heā€™s already kicked the bucket. You just need to get to his zombie self in the dungeon to do it.

Of course, there is doing the dungeon where you save Sethraliss, both regular and heroic achievements if I recall correctly, but that achievement I linked does have Sethraliss as a criteria specifically. I recall trying to solo that dungeon on normal, only to find some mechanic right at the end that prevented me from finishing it solo. Had to use the LFD tool to actually finish it.

Figured Iā€™d share it for those interested. I donā€™t see it as an unlock requirement, but it never hurts to get some achievements done.

Letā€™s get some reptiles on that character creation screen! :snake: :crocodile: :turtle:

4 Likes

Gilgoblins are not a bad choice. And with the change to the character creation screen there is plenty of room to add many more AR.

I think Gilgoblins are more likely to be added as a customization option though. While they deserve to be their own race, I just see that being the easiest route for Blizzard. And I can see Blizzard taking that route.

I personally think we will see AR tied to covenants but they wonā€™t be races or creatures from the covenants themselves.

4 Likes

And snakes actually come in purple, lmao.

BEHOLD

h ttps://farm4.staticflickr.com/3332/3192963415_40be2dcb0c_z.jpg?zz=1

But I do get what you mean.

/slinks off to go read threads cause she wants her TL3 back alreadyā€¦

5 Likes

Trust L3 powers are GO!

Youā€™ll be trustworthy someday! Surely snakes can be trusted to behave.

Letā€™s get some reptiles on that character creation screen! :snake: :crocodile: :turtle:

5 Likes

Iā€™m a good girl!

Iā€™ve never even gone to forum jail. :rofl:

And now that I think about it I havenā€™t had a post flagged either. Aside once, from a troll.

Snakes are far more trustworthy than some animals imo.

A snake gives you plenty warning before it actually bites you.

5 Likes

Heā€™s a very gorgeous little plum!

Yes, I was thinking of the obviously touched up/enhanced snakey boys you can find

Iā€™ve been to bad boy jailā€¦ fighting with the HE divas was never a good idea!

Yes!

6 Likes

Finally thought of Tortallans for being the race to come with Sethrak, completely forgot about them being a possibility somehow haha

2 Likes

The main trouble with the tortollans is the shell and the fact that their model doesnā€™t have nearly the same level of rigging detail as the sethrak or any other player race. Same as the Tuskarr, theyā€™d need a LOT of extra work to convert into a player race.

2 Likes

I agree. Itā€™s not that difficult, especially since we saw Blizzard do a huge job with kultirans, void belves and bionic gnomes.

Sethraks would not be a challenge to the imagination and means available, especially since there is already a lot done that would only require the work of carrying out the installation.

We already have a gay couple in Warcraft, created by Blizzard itself.
Why would an androgynous breed be a problem?

If you want to create sethraks with mammary gladulas, I will not object.
but if you do it without, I will not be sad or imagine that something is missing, to make the differences between the most obvious genres.

4 Likes

Also, I said 30 year old game when itā€™s only 20 years old. Sorry for aging you EQ :heart:

4 Likes

Yes, by all means Blizzard.

If breasts are stopping you from making Sethrak playable, then by all means give the Sethrak women the darn boobs!

You hear me Blizzard? You got the crazy snake ladyā€™s blessing.

I JUST WANT SETHRAK PLAYABLE.

/end rant

:snake: :snake: :snake:

7 Likes