Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

Just look at this majestic danger noodle.

5 Likes

I know what you mean and recognize the species names at least ^^ Both of them, as a matter of fact. And yeah thatā€™d be awesome! This makes me want to get back to drilling the family names into my head even though Iā€™ve graduated. Not sure if thatā€™d help my future career, but maybe I will at some point again (Though I wanted to work with monitor lizards a bit more)

Oh wow I love that!!

5 Likes

Love varanids. Iā€™m partial to the Crocodile Monitor. But theyā€™re definitely a lot of work and demand a lot of respect.

5 Likes

Anyone here an EverQuest vet? I ask because they had a reptilian race as well called the Iksar and an amphibious race called the Froglok. They had sexual dimorphism without putting boobs on females, they just instead had different crests on their heads and colors for the Iksar and just smoother looking bodies for the Froglok. Itā€™s not hard to do if a 30 year old game did it first.

5 Likes

Yeah, as a starter reptile Iā€™d work with a bearded dragon (Worked for a breeder once, was the best job of my life. I miss it.) Not for a while though, they require a lot of work. Social animals are so interesting to me (maybe because our own species is a social animal :stuck_out_tongue: )

5 Likes

Never played it personally but I am aware of what youā€™re talking about!

Reptilian races are honestly a staple. No idea why WoW hasnā€™t jumped on it yet.

This is why I like Garter Snakes. I have a whole colony. And they prove reptiles are social and emotional creatures, and capable of a lot more complexity than people like to think.

They recognize me as their caretaker and some of them come when called. Thereā€™s a pair of brothers in the colony and they prefer eachotherā€™s company than say some of the others.

Most of them are scared of my fiancƩ. :joy:

And yes lizards are a lot of work.

4 Likes

Man I love the way you think, I do as well! Thereā€™s so much we donā€™t know about them, and just make assumptions. I know bearded dragons can bond with their owners, as can monitor lizards (of which are highly intelligent and indeed need lots of care).

This is so awesome! If you ever get a video Iā€™d love to see (though I understand if not.)

Not snakes but one of my all time favorite videos:

6 Likes

I have a potato phone. :rofl: But Iā€™m sure I can find some good vids that show the behaviour. Lots of people keep Garter snakes as pets.

:snake::pray:

Garter Snake pattern might be nifty on a Sethrak.

4 Likes

There are SO MANY beautiful color schemes that Blizz could add to the Sethrak to create a plethora of customization options. White to black, green to red. One neat ā€˜optionā€™ to have would be a separate ā€˜hood patternā€™ for the back of the hood, so you can choose things like cobra patterns, a zigzag, or other sorts of shapes to wear that would help create even more options :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes!

Monocled and Indian Cobras have notable hood patterns.

There are some other snakes out there with interesting hood/neck markings.

The Blue Necked Keelback is one that comes to mind. LOOK at all those colors.

h ttps ://www.flickr.com/photos/orionmystery/21567013076/

h ttps ://www.flickr.com/photos/orionmystery/20972084783/

4 Likes

Those are gorgeous!!

I think it would be good for Blizzard to make patterns that are recognizable, like the diamondback, the most common ball pythons, maybe coral snakes. That oneā€™s pretty niche, but would make me happy if we got some niche color schemes!

5 Likes

We do have a Diamondback pattern.

Based on the Western Diamondback.

They could add two variations though.

Eastern Diamondback

Red Diamond

Iā€™ll find examples of each of the above in a moment.

I personally think a tri color like a coral or Kingsnake/Milksnake would be too chaotic.

Ball Python might be doable.

5 Likes

Red Diamond Rattlesnake

Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake

I love Red Diamonds.

The reddish hues and the diamond pattern is beautiful.

Eastern Diamondbacks are really crisp in their color and pattern. Blacks, cream and some shades of dark green/browns.

5 Likes

Oh no, did you lose your T3 already? :frowning:

I know Iā€™ve said it before but not only are there so so so many unique natural markings but with a fantasy game there is really no limits (outside of what the mean old art director may think!)

While I think WoW wonā€™t stray too far nothing is actually stopping them from making purple snakes if they really wanted~

4 Likes

I lost it during my exams for my job certification. :sob:

5 Likes

I say no because they would just give them to the horde and give alliance something stupid like lepur gnomes.

2 Likes

those diamondbacks are fantastic!!

And heck, Iā€™d totally love purple snakes, orange snakes, all sorts of colors :smiley:
Realistically, I know we may only get whatā€™s already in the game, and honestly Iā€™d be ok with that too, as long as we can play them.

Blizz plz Sethrak.

5 Likes

We can of course still hope Alliance gets Sethrak and horde gets something dumb for once :stuck_out_tongue:

Give Horde the Ogres they want or something, just give us Sethrak!

4 Likes

Youā€™re right in thinking weā€™d probably get the Sethrak but Alliance should get Jinyu/Ankoan with some really awesome fish customization. A really awesome Beta fish look with intricate fins would be beautiful.

4 Likes

Thats what we SHOULD getā€¦ not what we would actually get. Like if bliz ever gave the SL races as allied races. Horde would probably get the vampire people and the forest people (just so the horde can have something nature like) while alliance would get another version of humans in a blue tintā€¦ but without their wings because would get in the way of courseā€¦

2 Likes