Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread 🐍

And dismiss the interest in sethraks or something that was not considered a priority, wasn’t it also rude?

I agree. Then it all ended as it should end.
With splinters for both.
A little more empathy, when determining what is a priority and worthy of justifiable time, would have avoided, along with the presumption that sethraks can prevent nightbornes from having a better implementation.

1 Like

no i don’t think so at all
The forums are open to discussion that both agrees and disagrees with the topic.
If they don’t want sethrak because they think blizzard should put their focus on other things, I believe they have every right to say it here.

As much as some would like it, a thread cant just be an echo chamber where all dissenting views are banned.

For what its worth. I really did not mean to come off poorly or in a rude manner. But I apologize.

:snake:

6 Likes

I don’t. :man_shrugging:t4:

They came in with negativity right off the bat, not discussion. “I don’t want playable Sethrak” is not really a conversation starter in a playable Sethrak fan thread. They didn’t offer anything else, and got the appropriate response.

9 Likes

In any case, it is better to move on.
This subject will not yield anything profitable to anyone.
We hope to be better in the future.

2 Likes

Agreed.

No promises :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

That happened after they made it clear they didn’t want to actually talk about it…

Hence why they got those responses.

2 Likes

If nothing else, at least we got a bunch more replies in this thread, that shows there’s activity XD

3 Likes

Id say it happened after it was clear they weren’t on your side. Not about wanting conversation. There was still lots of room for conversation.

But whatever, as said above, no point dragging this on

2 Likes

So here’s a cute little baby. Doing it’s best to be a stone cold killer. Really just wants the big hooman to put it down.

I actually really like the colors. Reminds me a bit of one of the Sethrak skin tones.

5 Likes

You can see it how you want to I guess.

Agreed.

2 Likes

It’d be cool if there was a ‘black mamba’ (pure ebon scales) type skin for Sethrak, but it likely wouldn’t make much sense because they live in the desert and would likely overheat. I wonder if there’d ever be any other ‘species’ of Sethrak. Though we haven’t really seen species variation in beast races… but we have in things like elves and trolls (forest trolls, jungle trolls…) so maybe?

7 Likes

They originally lived in a jungle before the death of Sethraliss, so there could be holdovers from that time.

6 Likes

Oh really? That’s right… I think I remember that. Good point! It could still be in their gene pool then.

5 Likes

Also since it’s a magic world and they’re an advanced ish civilization, you could argue that such environmental restrictions could be curbed.

5 Likes

Mambas do live in arid regions.

I think the black skin tone some of the Sethrak npcs have is fairly close to a Black Mamba’s coloration.

Emperor Korthek has this skin tone. It’s actually a bit darker than some Black Mambas. Black Mambas are more named for the creepy color of the inside of their mouth.

6 Likes

Oh yeah, I’d love that. Sorry yeah I meant darker than the mambas, I need to do more research on my snake species :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I am a massive snake nerd.

If you have any snake questions, hit me up. :heart::snake:

5 Likes

I will ^^ I miss my herpetology class but one of my major problems is trouble remembering species/terminology, which is a huge detriment to what I want to do (hands on learner, not the best memory unless repetition)

5 Likes

It can be daunting. There are so many species and genuses for snakes.

Like, I could say the Sethrak are mostly a mix of Viperidae, specifically Crotlidae, and Elapidae and a lot of people would have no idea what I’m talking about. :joy:

In laymen’s terms that’s vipers and cobras.

But yeah I like that skin tone a lot but a true black skin tone would be amazing!

Something like the Black Spitting Cobra. That’s a shiny black snake.

5 Likes