Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

Sethrak belong to the horde so that might be a problem.
Allinace can have tortollan if they want them, although this is the first time Iā€™ve heard someone say it without bursting in to laughter afterwards.

1 Like

WoW could really use some playable reptiles on that new character creation screen. Luckily, there are several races that would work perfectly in helping to fill that role. :snake: :crocodile: :turtle:

5 Likes

Mind if I share the link to my Sethrak rally in your Saurok thread? :heart: Always can join us as a Saurok.

6 Likes

Youā€™re more than welcome to. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to attend due to college work, but I look forward to seeing screenshots of the events!

Letā€™s get some reptiles on that character creation screen! :snake: :crocodile: :turtle:

7 Likes

Maybe they donā€™t like snakes. Thereā€™s this one blood elf woman in my guild that is legit uncomfortable for me rping a sethrak near her so I try to keep my distance.

2 Likes

I have a coworker like this. She about had a fit when she saw a shirt I was wearing had a snake on it and I didnā€™t even know there was a snake on it. It was a Harry Potter shirt with all the magical creatures. Nagini happened to be on it.

Though despite her phobia she does appreciate my love for them. Even though she tells me Iā€™m crazy. xD

Though on the contrary I know other people who play WoW, hate/are afraid of snakes IRL but are dying to play a Sethrak. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Right. I mean she doesnā€™t hate me for rping on. And she did try to atleast sit near me once in game. Heh. But I understand kinda. Phobias are irrational after all. Havenā€™t seen her in awhile though.
Still hoping for sethrak and keeping the hope alive through art and stuff.

4 Likes

I thought that a phobia might be one of the reasons Blizzard doesnā€™t add Sethrak, but there are SO many snake and spider models that that idea went out the gate. In fact, the new PvP mounts in Shadowlands are going to be giant spiky spiders, looking just about as creepy as you can get!

If you can make an undead missing its lower jaw with its tongue hanging out, and spider mounts running all over the place, you can definitely have some neat snake people.

5 Likes

If I made art I wouldnā€™t let something as irrational as phobias dictate the direction it took, so Iā€™m sure Blizz wouldnā€™t neither.

Once you start catering to the common ones youā€™ll have people coming out with ā€œWell I really am scared of the sound of flapping wings!ā€ or ā€œI donā€™t like things with too many holesā€ and you are stuck making beige cube simulator.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s fineā€¦

They still donā€™t have to play them.

Itā€™s not really those folk who I find vexing though.

Itā€™s the ones who have no issues of that sort and just seem to decide that we donā€™t deserve this or that and that asking is an affront to them.

Reasonable people are always welcome.

4 Likes

This was something I loosely considered as well.

But then yeah we wouldnā€™t have spider mounts, spider monstersā€¦ spider pets. Snake pets, snake monsters, snakelike mounts and walking snake men or naga.

Not to mention there is a Sethrakā€™s face on the loading screen of Volā€™dun.

And well most people with phobias of these things either are not bothered
by fictional aspects of them or just do their best to avoid them as they can.

I also guarantee you there is at least one player out there that has a phobia of dogs. Fear of dogs is not all that uncommon. And we got Worgen and doggos in the game everywhere.

I was afraid of dogs for awhile as a child cause I got attacked by one. I managed to overcome that.

Ran into a woman once when walking my momā€™s husky and she literally ran screaming from me once she saw the dog and threw herself into the grass. Or maybe she tripped. Iā€™m not sure. But it literally took me a moment to figure out why she was reacting that way. :astonished:

Yes, I agree. I cannot wrap my mind around those people. The whole ā€œOh, thatā€™s stupid/I hate it. But it wonā€™t effect me anywayā€ people make absolutely no sense. Like congratulations on your opinion, let us have our fun.

3 Likes

True. I have some pretty bad arachnophobia, but my primary ground mount of choice is my Bloodfang Widow because it looks cool af. Video game portrayals of spiders have never bothered meā€¦ which is good, because literally every fantasy game ever made has giant spiders in it.

3 Likes

I think this is thankfully true for most people with phobias. For their sake.

I like spiders. But donā€™t get me wrong. If one just lands on me and takes me by surprise I will scream and bust out crappy fighter moves. This really goes for all bugs. Startle me and itā€™s game over for mr. buggy.

Occasionally snakes. Snake in the grass startled me last year. I jumped, screeched but then proceeded to chase it once my brain decided it was a snake. :rofl:

:snake: :heart:

6 Likes

Looks like we might have a fairly healthy interest in the rally!

Playable Sethrak, please. :snake::pray:

7 Likes

i need Sethrak too, you already got 2 gnomes 2 dwarves, 5 furry races, 2 trolls, 2 orcs, 2 type of humans, 2 draenei, 6 short races, 4 elf racesā€¦ really undead are the most under represented. But that means reptilians arenā€™t represented at al!

This is mammalian oppression, im getting flashbacks of the meteor crash, bros. Hold me

7 Likes

Blizzard has announced Blizzcon will take place online on February 19-20 of of next year:

Wanting to spread the word in a few megathreads.

Letā€™s get some reptiles on that character creation screen! :snake: :crocodile: :turtle:

6 Likes

Donā€™t give them any ideas! Iā€™m terrified of beige cubes.

4 Likes

My wife has this one, she canā€™t even look at swiss cheese. Itā€™s a problem.

2 Likes

You can loot meteor deflectors in Brawlerā€™s guild purses. Should make you feel better if nothing else.

2 Likes

May fortune smile on us, in our aspirations with sethraks and sauroks.

3 Likes