Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

Almost garunteed racial. Every Sethrak you fight will do this to you.

4 Likes

Soooā€¦

I passed 2 of my exams! :smiley: Thanks to those who wished me luck! :heart:

Iā€™m stuck taking the third one next week so not quite past all the stress. >.<

Good to see the continued discussion. :snake:

Iā€™m also on board with neutral Sethrak, like Fezzy said as long as theyā€™re playable I ultimately donā€™t care how theyā€™re added or what faction they go.

Also agree that a spit venom racial would be nearly guaranteed.

7 Likes

Can I have my Sneks yet?

7 Likes

Iā€™m reminded that the Vulpera and the Sethrak donā€™t seem to like each other much, another reason to have them join the Alliance.

2 Likes

BLIZZARD PLEASE I WILL GIVE YOU MONEY FOR SETHRAKS! I DONā€™T CARE WHAT FACTION JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN! Seriously though I donā€™t care what faction make it both factions if you want have an Alliance Sethrakies and Horde Sethrallians. Like make it an in store purchasable faction if you want just give us snek bois.

4 Likes

Congratulations! I hope your next one is just as successful!

Literally every Sethrak you fight does it.

Sssooon, I hope.

Aye, I can see that a bit. Though the Vulpera helped the Sethrak leader regain control of the whole. You could still have some remnant Faithless who might not be thrilled, even if theyā€™ve returned to worship of Sethraliss.

I think most of us fall into this category these days. Alliance, Horde, Neutral. We donā€™t care as long as theyā€™re playable.

Sethrak for the Alliance! (But playable is fine blizz seriously please.) :snake:

6 Likes

Sethrak
Racial: Sand Storm three min. c.d. (kind of like an all class version of rogue ability smoke bomb)
Racial Passive 1: Mastery (ancient race with mastery over many things)
Racial Passive 2: Quickness (Theyā€™re quick weā€™ve seen it)
Racial Passive 3: Elusiveness (Of course theyā€™re elusive theyā€™re sneaky snakes)
Racial Passive 4: Nature Resistance (If you live in a lightening filled desert that used to be jungle and survied for fifthteen thousands of years you have probably built up a Nature Resistance.)
Racial Passive 5: Languages (They speak snake)

6 Likes

Names for the Racials Passives:

1. Blessing of Sethraliss
  2. Akundaā€™s Kiss
  3. Sneaking Snake
  4. Desert Wanderer
  5. Languages: Sethrak (ssseriousssly)
6 Likes

I like where youā€™re going with this, but Iā€™d imagine their main active racial would be the poison spit. Does a bit of minor nature damage over time.

I also wonder whether they have a tie to Akunda? We donā€™t see the Sethrak interact with any Loa aside from Sethraliss, even though both Kimbul and Akunda live within Volā€™dun.

What exactly would racial passives 1-3 do?

6 Likes

Racial Passives 1-3 are basic racial passives that several races share, see Tauren/Night Elves and a few others.

As far as on use racial Iā€™ve seen all Sethraks use the sand storm.
Only creature that uses poison spit is the snake boss (boss #2) in ToS which is an expirement gone wrong of the bad Sethrak faction which is technically not even a Sethrak.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve only seen the sandcallers use the sandstorm. Just played through Volā€™dun a few days ago and every single sethrak even the sandcallers/stormcallers used poison spit.

I meant specifically what do you see those passive as being? The mastery one is I assume mastery?

What about the others?

6 Likes

Oh the post above it define the abilities of the passive racials.

1. Blessing of Sethraliss (Mastery increased by 2%)
  2. Lightning Charged (Quickness - Increases your chance to dodge, melee and ranged attacks 2%, and movement speed by 2%)
  3. Sneaky Snake (Elusiveness - Increases your speed while stealth is active by 5%,)
  4. Desert Wanderer (Nature Resistance - Reduces nature damage taken by 1%)
8 Likes

Still waiting on those sneks. All of you have very good ideas for it to be playable. For Shadowlands i donā€™t think any of the covenant races would fit to be playable, They should pair Sethrak and some other race first.

8 Likes

They should. And Iā€™ve been parroting my idea that Ardenweald could tie into Sethrak because of Sethraliss.

Maybe there is more to why it took her so long to be reborn, and that she was not returned to Azeroth at full strength (The anima shortage).

10 Likes

I will surrender the snakes to the alliance if they give me tortollen with T rex and direhorn druid forms for horde <3

5 Likes

Deal.

Also that would be amusing to see a tortollan turn into.

4 Likes

Well, snakes donā€™t have lips, so p/b/m/v/f wouldnā€™t be useable, or any other sound that uses your lips. Snakes donā€™t have vocal chords either, so any voiced sound wouldnā€™t work either.

I know we see sethrak making all of those sounds just fine but we can come up with some reason like ā€œtheyā€™re using magic to create those sounds so they can speak other languagesā€, where as their language abides all the snake anatomy rules.

I know nothing about snake anatomy so thereā€™s probably more than just those two things that restricts their sound capability but those are the only two things I know about. It does leave room for some more unique sounds though, be they rarely used IRL or completely made up.

I know Blizzardā€™s ā€œlanguageā€ policy is a bunch of mumbo jumbo translations, but if they ever put more than 0 effort into them they could kepp that ^ in mind for whenever/if ever they do sethrak.

Now Iā€™m going to take off my aspiring linguist nerd glasses and go hide in the corner while watching this thread.

3 Likes

Ohhh i didnā€™t think of that. I really hope to see them expand on that more!

5 Likes

Snakes also do not have external ears and the anatomy of their ear and how they hear is a lot different than say a mammal. And hearing affects the ability to speak.

If Sethrak were to have a language based off real snakes, their ability to speak would have to come through their glottis. Not all snakes hiss, but those that can do so by forcefully exhaling or inhaling air through their glottis. Which causes structures within to rattle, which makes the hissing sound we know of. :smiley: -Insert the more you know meme here since she lost TL3-

YES. I need answers! Why was she chosen by The Winter Queen to be able to return?

Snakes also symbolise rebirth, change, fertility and healing and that all screams Ardenweald as well. Snakes were only demonized relatively recently through Christian mythology. Long before that they were creatures that symbolized good things.

6 Likes

Do they have a pharynx?

I guess no but not sure. Pharyngeal sounds sound super stereotypically ā€œsnakeā€.

4 Likes