Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread 🐍

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Thought I would make my snake of the day a species that Dambala, the loa we have recently discussed appears to resemble. And if I remember correctly there is a Sethrak skin tone that loosely resembles this snake.

Say Hello to the Black Pakistani Cobra!

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

This is a subspecies of the Indian Cobra which is easily recognized by most people for the pattern on the hood. (Indian Cobra pictured below)

Imgur

I would absolutely LOVE if they added hood markings like this.

:snake::crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

I came across this concept art of a Sethrak Warlock, which I think is fan made. Here is the image:

Imgur

I didn’t see any names on the imgur link of who created it, but it’s a pretty neat design. I wish I had this kind of talent.

8 Likes

Its the concept art dressed in some tier gear but still very neat~

They’d work well for a lot of casters I think, Alliance doesn’t have a lot of non-buff males for casters, outside of Gnomes.

5 Likes

I cannot imagine that they wouldn’t at least add a bit of hood patterns!

That is amazing!

I have a sethrak mage in mind as well as a priest.

This looks so good. Gives me hope.

2 Likes

The first (and only) reference to Dambala I can remember in the live game is Shadow Hunter Ty’jin’s mission table ability called “Blessing of Dambala”. I guess he’s a devotee.

3 Likes

Interesting…

Loa of Treachery and Ty’jin is an interesting mix. :smiley:
Wonder what he’s hiding.

Also today’s support for playable Sethrak! :snake:

3 Likes

For how awkward their proportions are, they’re pretty buff, relatively speaking.

3 Likes

Hmm now that I’ve had a peek they do have little biceps~ Maybe I should give them more credit!

(Also I don’t recommend googling naked gnome without safe search, I had a lapse in judgment)

1 Like

Do we really think they’d be Warlocks though?

Priest and Mage for sure I’d bet, but they don’t have a lot of Fel going round their parts…

Then again the Vulpera managed it.

I think Draenei and Tauren make sense to not have locks but seems to be fair game for everyone else. Sethrak weren’t hurt by fel magic/demons in the past so I don’t see them shying away from it… maybe if there was some sort of blood magic class they’d have issues.

I may just be bias’d though and want them to be everything!

1 Like

These need rogues both and Tauren should have Mages.

Aye. I can see that. I find it odd when certain races have access to Warlock though because humanity and elves had to encounter it first not to mention how orcs got to it.

Nightborne also really surprised me and I have a Nightborne warlock and love him.

EDIT: I can see a lot of folk wanting Sethrak Warlocks though. Imagine the Jafar references alone. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Be a shame not to, they can have a certain “sinister” feel to them that would be perfect for warlocks. And that one snake-themed tier (2?) set would look fantastic on them.

2 Likes

If the Faithless went back into the general Sethrak society, could it be argued that some of them practiced warlock stuff in secret, before or after rejoining? Granted, none of them were warlocks from what I remember.

It also could just be that some discovered warlocks from seeing them in battle with their demon pets, got intrigued, managed to find their secret society locations, and joined their ranks. It’s something that could explain why some races got warlocks as a class option.

Not a perfect explanation, of course, but just an idea.

2 Likes

But hooves aren’t sneaky!

I don’t enjoy correlating snakes and evil/devious stuff but I know its a popular image and they are certainly a more “edgy” option for some naughty characters~

They would certainly look good too!

1 Like

I actually really like that. Very nice. Not really that far off with the idea of a third group of Sethrak I’ve been working with either. lol

Among the dumbest excuses they’ve ever used. :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree with you there, though honestly adding in a warlock option could be told more from the perspective that they see it as another avenue to defend their people going forward.

3 Likes

A friend of mine shared this to me on one of the discords I frequent.

Semi-recent sorta.

`http://www.wowadventurer.com/2019/which-playable-race-do-world-of-warcraft-players-want/

What do you all think?

4 Likes

Not including the Arrakoa but having stuff like Fish Elves and Furbolgs is dumb IMO, but I do have a lot of dislike for those two.

It is good to see Sethrak included, that said~

2 Likes

add a lizard person race and also sethrak and make it a Rango xpac.

5 Likes

I’m sure if it was a poll done fully after the 8.3 release and thus didn’t have MGs and Vulpera to draw from they likely would have added them on. It was just a guy putting this together after all. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m happy Saurok got on the poll, although I wish I knew about the poll when it started so I could’ve given my vote to them. Really happy Ogres got on there and did well, however. I also disagree with the omission of a few races, and a few of the ones that got on the poll itself.

Despite that, I’m not surprised that Sethrak were voted highly. They seem to be one of the bigger races people want and are even one of the few races where I’ve seen player events formed in-game around them in faction capital cities.

WoW getting a playable reptile race would be big news, so why not give Sethrak Alliance and Saurok for the Horde? That way, each faction gets one and it’s the best of both worlds, IMO. :snake: :crocodile:

4 Likes