Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread 🐍

They have legs for one.

2 Likes

I mean if we took into account that I suspect the Vulpera would have reconsidered joining at all. lol

More seriously I’m not sure if they’d react negatively. Most of the world sees this as Sylvanas action not the Hordes. Or at least that appears to be how Blizzard is portraying it. The Sethrak don’t have many ties to the Night Elves, so it might not phase them too much.

1 Like

And Vorrik seems… mostly level headed. Though he did get quite angry with that mischievous Zandalari orphan. xD

4 Likes

Been doing a little more of the 8.3 Uldum stuff and I think a clan of Sethrak living underground could be easily doable as another approach to adding Sethrak. Especially with the League of Explorers investigating the areas.

5 Likes

I’d live with that. lol.

Do they have a lot of Sethrak underground?

Well when I ran around Vol’dun its pretty apparent they live underground/within the rocky walls of the terrain.

So if there was a group of Sethrak hiding out under the dunes and rocky outcroppings of Uldum (or even Tanaris), maybe all the N’zoth minion activity could drive them to the surface.

And HS implies there are Sethrak in Uldum. I know their lore is wishy washy but who knows? We got Tortollans and some other things that popped up in HS. Even the female Mogu showed up in HS first.

1 Like

It does seem a bit odd to focus on Uldum in 8.3, have a few seemingly unused Sethrak NPCs added, and not a single mention of them during the new content.

4 Likes

But naga not having legs is what makes them cool

And there are other files from previous patches that seem unused. Perhaps scrapped. Or deliberate to be used later? They certainly could possibly be used later for recruitment scenario or something of that sort.

2 Likes

Everyone except Tyrande seems to have decided to sweep that one under the rug.

2 Likes

Tortollan Seekers could be a possibility for rep grind for Sethrak. Just found the Naga Attack WQ and it involves saving a bunch of Captive Sethrak (an npc that according to WoWhead has an unknown location) and the WQ is given by the Tortollan though it rewards 7th Legion rep and rewards rep with the Zandalari Empire on Horde.

And some of the dialogue from rescuing these captive Sethrak is “I’ll tell the others of your kindness”

On a slightly different note, the fact that the Captive Sethrak npc doesnt have a known location according to WoWhead but it obviously in the game, encourages me to think that we could still see those 8.3 Sethrak npcs somewhere.

4 Likes

Consider this though: Sethrak for the Horde

3 Likes

We have no issue with them on the horde.

We just think they’d make a nice balance for the alliance. So we talk about it. Plus it’s real easy to see how they’d join the horde. No discussion needed. Lol.

We’re really here just to get them into the game playable.

4 Likes

I’ve been championing sethrak as an allied race for a while now, right here in this thread, even. Thanks for the directions, though, I’ve been at it for so long that I forget where I am sometimes…

In all seriousness, the biggest arguments I’ve seen thrown against sethrak have always been, 1) They should join the Horde and 2) How would they wear helmets?

The first one remains contentious, but it’s ultimately up to Blizzard who they should join. Nobody expected death knights to join the Alliance and Horde, but then Blizzard wrote that story and here we are.

The second “problem”, if it really is one, has now been solved by the inclusion of mechagnomes. If helmets are too wonky to fit to sethrak, then just hide the slot like mechagnomes hide most of their gear. They could even go back later and toggle on some helmets for sethrak, e.g. the ones that fit like headbands and the like.

7 Likes

Exactly! :snake:

I would accept Sethraks, if they couldn’t use helmets, with the speed of light.

And for me, sethraks can go to the Horde without any damage because I already have a vulpera in the horde so it wouldn’t be a catastrophe.

It would only highlight the apathy that exists today in the alliance regarding having something good for everyone and not just for niches. :clown_face:

3 Likes

I apologize. We were dealing with a few trolls the last couple of days and I lumped you in with them.

Totally agree. As I mentioned just above I think we mostly talk about the How would they join the Alliance bit because talking about how’d they’d join the Horde is basically… Horde helped em and they join. lol

Wowhead has an article about the helmets issue and its really just… not an issue. but yeah if they did decide to just nix helmets with em then so be it. lol We’ll take it either way.

4 Likes

They wouldn’t care.
Or they would understand it was Sylvanas fault. And it would enforce their kinship with them because they also had to deal with a genocidal tyrant of their own race.

2 Likes

I still want to see Sethrak made playable!

7 Likes

If the problem is the Sethrak joining the Alliance, just have the Alliance recruit the faithless (and inb4 “they are extinct” if vanilla enemies are still alive and kicking, so are these).

The quest shows why the faithless are actually good. Easy.

2 Likes

???
They cooperated with Jakra’zet, one of Zul’s minions, warred with their own kind, enslaved Vulpera and Zandalari exiles; and cooperated to summon Mythrax. They pretty much worked for G’huun. And afterwards launched an assault on Zandalar along with the Blood Trolls.
I don’t think it’s easy to prove them to be good at this point.

We already have a good Sethrak faction: the Devoted. And they should be Horde.

1 Like