Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

So? Zandalari have been trying to conquer the world since cataclysm over and over and then suddenly in BFA ā€œYeah no weā€™re totally good and everything bad is pinned in that zul guyā€. Dark Iron were the evil dwarves and then Cata made them good. Nightborne never even stopped being evil and there they are.

Is not really as big of a deal as you make it out to be.

3 Likes

Their leader is dead, the faithless may just be rudderless and hey maybe most of them were just following orders.

Could have a group made from their remnants that want to venture beyond the dunes and donā€™t trust either the horde or zandalariā€¦ The alliance could look appealing especially if this group has similar views.

3 Likes

To just throw it out it out there. We do not know if all of Korthekā€™s followers had the exact same ideals as Korthek did. Perhaps some of them follow him for the sake of survival or for their families. We donā€™t know.

With the Faithless stripped of their leader, maybe we will see some of the surviving ones realise what they were doing was wrong or at a loss of what to do or where to go. Especially now with Nā€™zoth on the loose.

People can change.

3 Likes

If thatā€™s the case, the logical thing to do is to seek forgiveness with the Vulpera and Zandalari and to try to mend the ties with their brethren, the Devoted.
They can unite under Vorrikā€™s leadership and cooperate with the Vulpera. After all Voldun is their home and Sethraliss their loa.

2 Likes

If anything the Faithless would be an easier AR. ā€œThe Horde victimizes us, letā€™s join the faction that can protect us!ā€

While the other Sethrak really have no reason to get involved in anything.

3 Likes

True enough to be sure.

But folk ainā€™t always logical, and not all may feel like they can go to those groupsā€¦ Or may even feel that those groups donā€™t properly represent their ideals.

Not saying itā€™s not a stretch for them to be alliance just saying that they could if blizzard wanted.

2 Likes

I mean, if you think that genocide which was committed by the entire faction can be pinned one person just because Saurfang was sad about it, then I donā€™t really see how you can pretend to argue in good faith that the Faithless canā€™t reasonably be good and join the faction that theyā€™ve fought with less.

3 Likes

I would like to see them rejoin the Devoted. Vorrik wants to reunite his people. But this also remains to be seen. This route would work well for Horde Sethrak, unless say the Gilneans step in since in this regard they share thematic similarities.

But a fractured group could potentially go elsewhere, in a sort of Forsaken type story. Perhaps led by Vessina.

Donā€™t get me wrong. Iā€™ll take Horde Sethrak in a hearbeat. I just enjoy discussing these sort of things. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Pretty sure Alliance killed a bunch of them on the Terrace of the Devoted.

We saved their loa and killed the creature she tried to seal sacrificing herself. Also we got rid of Korthek. Isnā€™t that enough? The Tauren joined us for less.
Vulpera hadnā€™t have much reason to get involved either.

1 Like

Aye and itā€™s not like discussing how sethrak would go horde itā€™s all that interesting. Itā€™s kinda a given lol

2 Likes

Not really a big deal. Lorewise the Alliance were the ones who invaded Shadowforge and yet Dark irons seem very cozy here. A few dead were never an issue when it came to join a faction.

Vulpera and Tauren were quite literally saved from extinction by a specific group. Alliance is in friendly terms with the Sethrak and they are just there like 90% of NPC races through the game.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure this has been discussed before, but in a situation where the Faithless did rejoin, would the Vulpera then have an issue if the Sethrak wanted to join the Horde?

Considering everything the Faithless have done to the Vulpera, I can see them having an issue with that. Sure, it could be worked around, but I was just wondering about it.

5 Likes

While we know the Horde is about forgiveness and second chances I am not sure how Kiro and Nisha would feel about this? And I am not sure the Horde leaders would want to upset their most recent recruitments especially after all the Vulpera did to prove themselves worthy of the Horde?

This could go the Tyrande and Nightborne route. Then Magister Umbric could step up and speak on the Sethrakā€™s behalf to Anduin and the other present Ally leadership.

3 Likes

And donā€™t forget the zandalari have plenty reason to dislike the faithless too!

4 Likes

Honestly, while Iā€™m not exactly sure if I could picture the Sethrak being accepted by the Alliance, I will say this: Considering how important the Loa have become in recent years it would be really cool if the Alliance had at least one race that understood how to work with them.

5 Likes

The Ancients are pretty much the same thing. Cenarius, Godrinn, Aviana, etc. are Wild Gods, just like Gonk, Rezan, Sethraliss.

4 Likes

Not a big deal, then.

1 Like

Whether they want to upset them or not, the Horde is now run by a council and with the Vulpera onboard presumably they get a representative. For something as important as inducting a new race into the faction, it seems reasonable that a single veto from Kiro would be all it takes to decline.

2 Likes

One thing I think this thread should try to do (My opinion only) is to remain in the realm of reality.
Things ā€œcouldā€ be doable if you twist this or that, but thats not really the way Blizzard does stuff.

I love void elves but I hate the way they made people think just anything can happen because they exist as an allied race.

1 Like

Hence why this is a discussion ??

1 Like